[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was planning a vacation to Sint Maarten next fall. I was there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I was planning a vacation to Sint Maarten next fall. I was there once several years ago and was really looking forward to going back. After seeing photos of the devastation left after Hurricane Irma, I'm wondering if I should be rethinking my plans.

I know I'm not going for over a year, but I think it takes longer than that to rebuild after a major hurricane like this.

Anyone have experience with this sort of thing? If I keep to my original plan, what should I expect the situation on the island to be like this time next year?
>>
Go there! Cheap prices ATM!
You can help them rebuilding the island.
>>
They'll have it all rebuilt within 3 months dude.
>>
They have serious looting going on there.

Remembers me of my girlfriend ans me getting robbed there. I loved the nature and the airport of the island.

But always keep in mind it's a serious criminal shithole. Also dealing with the police (dutch side) was far from fun.
>>
>>1298307
St. Martin, St. Thomas and Gran Turk are all great places but they're all fucked up right now, and about to have a train run on them by Jose.

I'd say hold off for about 18 months.
>>
>>1298360
>I'd say hold off for about 18 months.

This is kind of what I'm leaning towards. I really have my doubts how much rebuilding they're going to be able to do in a year after being hit by two Cat 5 hurricanes in the span of a week.
>>
>>1298351
Really? My experience there several years ago, and my research both indicate it's one of the safer Caribbean islands.
>>
>>1298605
safer in the caribbean is like colder on mercury
>>
>>1298614
Eh, I've been there several times and had no problems. Most of the crime in the Caribbean is just petty theft and mugging. Stuff you can mostly avoid with some common sense.

The only places that have a lot of violent crime are Mexico and Jamaica where the drug trade is heavy.
>>
>>1298618
staying in resorts then equivocating the definition of dangerous is a typical thing you guys do
>>
>>1298624
I haven't stayed in resorts any of the times I've been to the Caribbean.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.