[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, me and a friend are planning on going to Japan this winter,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 293x172px
Hey, me and a friend are planning on going to Japan this winter, but he's getting sketched about north Korea's recent missile launches over top of Japan and now he's sketching me out.
What do you guys think? Will it be safe to travel to Japan in the winter?
>>
You don't go out of your basement, do you?
>>
File: s082233721.jpg (75KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
s082233721.jpg
75KB, 770x433px
>>1296882
yes you are fine. The norks won't nuke japan. Japan has no second strike capability. If you start a nuclear war, you target other nukes first, to minimize the counter attack. the whole cold war was built around the second strike scenario, they arn't that stupid to consider targeting civilians in a first strike, you only kill those in retaliation.

They might cause some minor travel restrictions from shenanigans involving flying shit over airports or stuff like that. but they have a thing from guam atm, japan is only at risk of stuff falling short on the way. but look at the map, your fine.

>nice try Kim, but hurting Japanese tourism isn't going to win the war.
>>
>>1296886
Cold War bi-polar nuclear usage doctrine and DPRK nuclear usage doctrine are vastly different beasts because they're oriented around very, very different goals and values. This isn't really the place for it, though, /k/ has a decent thread about the latest test and implications.

>>1296882
大丈夫, Anon. The new device is at least 60-100 kt, so you'll either live or die, nothing you can really do about Kim authorizing a strike. Live your life, and don't be intimidated.

t. trying to take his own advice, I leave for my study abroad in a few weeks.
>>
First of all, nuking civilians is terrorism and North Korea can be many things but it doesn't sponsor terrorists. Killing civilians in mass is something only Libya, Iran and Iraq used to do. And even then it was done indirectly sponsoring certain I groups and with many restraints.

In Tokyo, because of high tensions over the last months, there are 4 JSDF Patriot batteries and I think a US THAAD battery too. Not to mention the several Japanese and US ships equipped with the Aegis system deployed on the region. That's a fairly powerful shield.

Finally, there should be at least one month of very quick escalation for war to break out and only then would the possibility of North Korea consider nuking Japan be greater than zero. If there is a launch, you'd have some 20 minutes to find a building with a garage many floors deep which should shelter you from a small warheads explosion.

If you are genuinely worried about it, download the official Japanese public alarm app on your phone. Whenever there is an incoming earthquake, tsunami or nuclear missile, your phone will ring and vibrate and you'll be given instructions from the Japanese equivalent of FEMA.
>>
I'm traveling to South Korea next week south of Souel. What do guys think about that? Would you go in light of the current situation right now??
>>
>>1297053
im going tomorrow for one night to seoul then will be back there on the 19th hope nothing kicks off when I arrive
>>
>>1296882
My sense is that Kim is a master troll. So you're perfectly fine.

Bu if I am wrong, what are the odds he decides to hit Japan and not some other target? And if he DOES hit Japan, what are the odds it will be while you are there and not some other time? And even if it IS while you are there, what are the odds he nukes Japan exactly in the spot where you are? Then lay on top of that the chances that his crappy missile explodes on launch, or lands in the ocean because his guidance tech is crap. Odds are, even given some worst0case stuff that you will be fine.

Enjoy your trip..
>>
Who cares if japan gets nuked while you're there, you would at least have the privilege of dying in japan like a true samurai instead of dying in the US like a faggot.
>>
>>1296882
>>1297053
>>1297062

I just got back from South Korea two weeks ago. It's totally safe this whole thing with the DPRK is to amp up the western public. I talked to some Korean friends in ROK and they laughed at how scared Americans are about it. You're totally good to go! Enjoy Seoul it's fucking awesome.
>>
>>1296886
Pretty much this. The only reason Kim would nuke Japan is if they tried to invade Korea. Japan would only invade Korea with US support, and if they did then he'd probably focus on the USA and South Korea instead of nuking Japan. Basically Japan would have to go totally off the deep end and start a war with North Korea without the US backing them.
>>
>>1296882
Well if war doesn't start by Winter i'm sure they will hold off until spring.

but unlike most of these faggots I know drumpf and his boyscouts are just all talk. NK will continue with their little missiles, they'll get slapped with more sanctions. More missiles but everyone will be too much a bitch to do anything.

The world ain't what it used to be. A war this big in an ever interconnected global economy will fuck up things for a lot of rich people and even the fucking kikes themselves will not allow that.
>>
Yes you may get nuked. Nipland has a history for this happening.
>>
>>1296882
NK can nuke any place in the US. Only Florida is out of reach. Go there if you are afraid.
>>
>>1296905
Okayama?
>>
>>1296882
There is no scenario where Japan gets attacked without South Korea being attacked first.
>>
>>1297296
Dumbass, NK nukes can't hit the eastern US
>>
>>1297413
you shouldn't listen to the msm, they can hit almost anyone now. You ever see Goldeneye? probably before your time but its gonna be like that.
>>
>>1297296
Even Florida is not safe any more. Their new rockets can hit any place. Their long range missile might just not be very accurate. E.g. they want to nuke Washington D.C. but hit Baltimore.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.