[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Canada not in the top 10 most visited countries? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: cananada.jpg (49KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
cananada.jpg
49KB, 450x450px
Why is Canada not in the top 10 most visited countries? It's leagues better than Australia, China, or Russia.
>>
>>1295510
The other countries are just more popular and Canada is far away for everyone except Americans (who themselves don't travel abroad much in general).
>>
unless you're american it's pretty far out of the way, if you are american you can stay home and see something similar

other than montreal-ottawa-toronto and calgary-edmonton you need another flight to see multiple cities

tourist season is may-september, winter sports are one of the few reasons to come out of season, when it's warm and sunny in canada it's warm and sunny everywhere in the northern hemisphere

not a budget destination, rental car or hotel is almost $80usd a day,
cabs, alcohol, restaurants are all fairly expensive
>>
>>1295517
This. In Europe basically only richfags travel to Canada, and mostly for long stay like academic years or shit.
>>
>>1295510
For a long time people from relatively wealthy Anglo countries were traveling. Which sounds more exotic to you Australia or North America? China is obviously a new experience.

If you had to visit North America, why would you choose Canada over the United States? USA is more interesting culturally, although people say Vancouver is the best city to live in most American cities are a lot more interesting than most Canadian cities.

And if you do want to experience nature America offers more climate diversity, our national parks are better managed too.
>>
>>1295510
Most Canadians are self righteous, self important, and annoying. They are matched only by the Irish in the way they denounce nationalism then ramble on for hours about how great their country is because it denounces nationalism. It's unbearable. There I said it, and I still want to visit Canada someday, but damn.
>>
>>1295520
I went to Canada last year and I only have a middle-class income. Next year I´ll fly over there again, because it´s quite appealing. People are super-friendly, driving is easy, it´s not too expensive, I don´t need a visa, I can reach most large cities by direct flight and it offers some unique sights. I still want to visit the USA, though.
>>
>>1295510
What is there to see other than nature?
>>
>>1295548

Canadian here to confirm your statement. I've lived in Calgary for most of my life, but I was born on the East Coast. So many Canadians have been swept up in a deep wave of multicultural ideas and concepts and the very idea of Canadian nationalism or identity is swept under the rug, but on the other hand, people are extremely offended when Canada is talked down about or the USA is presumed to be better. Some kind of neurotic self-identity paradox or some shit.

Anyway, for anyone coming to Canada, there is quite a lot to see, but it's very spread out as we are the second largest country after Russia. Both coasts are worth seeing, especially some of the smaller BC cities and towns like Tofino and of course Vancouver. Calgary and Edmonton are pretty nice if you're from a similar region. Calgary is a gateway to some great day trips into the Rockies and you can take a bus straight from YYC to Banff. Edmonton has their giant ass mall but I haven't been in 10+ years. Skip Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Nothing there really and Winnipeg is trash. If anyone has any questions about the east coast, I'm more than happy to answer.
>>
File: Water_street_st._john's.jpg (335KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Water_street_st._john's.jpg
335KB, 800x600px
>>1295566
montreal and quebec are french and different enough from the rest of the country
newfoundland joined more recently, st john's has parts that are like an english town without the muslims
>>
>>1295582
right down to the hordes of chavs
t. townie
>>
Not sure why anyone would pay anything to come here desu

t. Canadian
>>
too expensive, too spread apart, public transit is almost non existent. Canada is a beautiful country but it does not lend itself to easy travelling.
>>
File: serveimage (60).jpg (158KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (60).jpg
158KB, 936x526px
Canada is a great country (in fact Banff is probably the most beautiful park in NA) but it's just eternally overshadowed by it's neighbor to the south. Other than parts of Quebec, there really isn't anything you can't just see easier and cheaper in the US.

I can only imagine if I were a Canuck, I'd be pissed to be CONSTANTLY compared to the US. But it is what it is.
>>
Canada isn't better than Australia, just different. Australia and NZ have vistas Canada can only dream about and vice versa.
>>
Canada is hella fucking similar to Australia. Both are hard to get to for most folks, expensive to travel around, and are massive. Both have beautiful views, although you kind of have to go out of your way to actually see them. Australia has a much better infrastructure for tourists however. Canada isn't very tourism-inclined. Also, a lot of people travel for lazing around on fucking beaches, so Australia has a huge upper hand, because Canada doesn't really have any to speak of (yes I know there's a lot of coastal areas in Canada, but none that are anywhere NEAR as famous as Gold Coast, St Kilda, or Bondi.

There's not much you can get in Canada that you can't get anywhere else, apart from Newfoundland, Lake Louise, and Montreal. Toronto is a shitty New York. Alberta is cold Texas. Don't know much about BC, to be honest. Yukon and NWT are apparently pretty fucking badass if you like heaps of beautiful wild vistas, but so many places in the US seem comparable. Alaska, for starters.

I love Canada, but there's just so many more worthwhile places to visit. China and Australia don't number among them, however.
>>
File: australia.png (260KB, 507x355px) Image search: [Google]
australia.png
260KB, 507x355px
>>1295510
>Why is Canada not in the top 10 most visited countries? It's leagues better than Australia, China, or Russia.
the flight to Australia is just too damn long. And if you made it, every living thing there tries to kill you.
>>
>>1295708
>toronto is a shitty new york

Try a shitty Chicago.
>>
>>1295790
This
>>1295708
BC has the best backcountry/heli/cat skiing in the world if you're into that. It can be very expensive though
>>
>>1295749
That's a giant weta, a New Zealand insect, and they are completely harmless like all NZ animals
They are almost extinct from mass slaughter by introduced mice
>>
>>1295962
if it is this size and in my hotel room...no matter how often you say they are harmless, they have to leave...now
>>
>>1295962
Not COMPLETELY harmless, a weta can bite the fuck out of you, if it takes it into it's head to do so.
>>
>>1295510
>It's leagues better than Australia, China, or Russia.
Please, Australia has overall cooler wildlife and just as much nature, and China / Russia are overall far more interesting for urban visits.

Look, even US tourists go more to Mexico than Canada... it's a nice place with nice nature, but not the extraordinary thing everyone will want to visit.
>>
File: australia2.png (413KB, 515x322px) Image search: [Google]
australia2.png
413KB, 515x322px
>>1296180
Australia - is is not when you die. It is HOW
>>
>>1295691
It pisses me off that I'm Canadian and I've never seen shit like your pic. I've stayed in the Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto corridor my whole life and never really gone north or west. Been to tons of other countries, but I really need to get around to exploring my own.
>>
>>1296547
Well it's not easily accessible is it? I'm guessing such places feel remote because they truly are.

So what is the deal with guns in Canada?

If I wanted to go hiking camping in a very roemote place far from others but still want to protect myself from bears and the like how would I go about it? Given that they took my mother's pepper spray when she crossed the border I'm guessing you guys won't let me bring a rifle across in the trunk. Can I buy one there, do I need a permit or something? What about rentals, fees, and such?
>>
How's Newfoundland? Is there any good nightlife? Not necessarily clubs but swell pubs and restaurants.

How do you get around? Except for hiking is there any activities that one should do?
>>
>>1295510
cold, expensive, not easily connected.
>>
>>1296979
They have a lot of small rocks you could pick up and then set down.
>>
Montrealer here.
Besides Montreal, Quebec City and the outdoors/mountains to the west, I don't think there is much to visit.
>>
>>1297063
There really isn't, but that's not too bad. I spent two weeks in Quebec last year and really enjoyed my time there with just those two cities, I did not get to visit Three Rivers which may have been interesting.
>>
>>1296731
pepper spary is illegal in Canada. As long as your gun would be legal in Canada, you are allowed to bring in up to 3(?)

You need a canadian license to purchase a firearm in canada so no, you cannot purchase one.

If you do want pepper spray, you can buy bear spray in canada at most outdoors stores.
>>
>>1296731
>Well it's not easily accessible is it? I'm guessing such places feel remote because they truly are.

think that pic is the private vancouver-calgary train

but the via rail train goes through similar mountains in jasper which is only a few hours away from edmonton

>>1296979
st john's has a lot of pubs

>>1298532
americans can get a PAL and bring (or buy) guns up
even though a rifle is a horrible choice against a bear
>>
>>1296494
Number of people ever killed by goannas: 0
>>
>>1298655
hard to keep track when the bodies are devoured completely
>>
>>1295962
Right...so is that why the NZ film effects company is called Weta?
Makes sense now
>>
>>1295749
Always wondered why they had a cockroach on their logo
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.