[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to Seoul for ~2 weeks starting this weekend.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: SEOUL.jpg (230KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SEOUL.jpg
230KB, 1280x720px
I'm going to Seoul for ~2 weeks starting this weekend.

Looking for general recommendations but of all:

What's the best SIM card for Korea? And should I order it online here or buy it when I get to the airport?
>>
>>1294231
There are phone stores literally everywhere that can hook you up with a SIM card for cheap, they just scan your passport so the gov knows who is using the phone. If you're having trouble finding one there's always the I Park mall which has an entire wing devoted to tech shit (instead of taking a phone last time I just purchased a little flip phone and SIM card there).
>>
>>1294234
Not cheap actually, I paid almost $30 for just 1 GB in a month, out of which $15 was the cost of data, $5 was the minimal balance and ~$8 was the cost of a new SIM card.
>>
>>1294234
>an entire wing devoted to tech shit (instead of taking a phone last time I just purchased a little flip phone and SIM card there).

Sweet. That might be what I end up doing. I mostly just need it for calling. I can wait between Wifi spots to use the internet. Plus my phone is not unlocked.

Any other recommendations? I'm staying in Gangnam but I want to go all over the city.

>>1294239
I'm okay with that price if it's convenient.
>>
>>1294240
General Seoul recommendations? Namsan Tower, Hongdae (hippest youngest area in Seoul), Itaewon if you want to hang out with expats, the absolute best mandu in the world is in Myeongdong at a restaurant called Myeongdong Kyoja (명동교자), the cheapest decent food you can get is kimbap (just a couple bucks at Family Marts), hike one of the mountains like Dobongsan on a weekend so you can people-watch, Gangnam is expensive as hell, watch Running Man because it's a really fun show (episode 74 is my favorite), learn how to order beer and other little phrases before you go if you can, stay at hostels, go to a language exchange meetup, check out the Korean War museum (it's awesome), take the train down to Busan if you want a more relaxed San Diego-like atmosphere, fly to Jejudo if you want to hike around beautiful natural areas, buy a taxi/subway/bus dongle that hangs off your cell phone because it's more convenient than taking out a card to get on/off, and take me with you because I really want to go back.
>>
>>1294245
Fuck I miss Korea. Did a 3 month language prof stand for fun before grad school.
Great people.
>>
>>1294245
Thanks! I know Gangnam is expensive so I'm staying near the subway station. Planning on spending a lot of time downtown.

I'll remember Busan because that sounds chill af. Bus/Subway dongles sounds cool. Wish they had them here. Language exchange meetup sounds interesting. I'm 24 so I think that's not too old for that kind of thing?
>>
>>1294289
> 24
> too old

You've got another 10 years before you have to worry about that.
>>
Anybody been to Bukhansan national park?

>>1294304
lol good to know
>>
>>1294245
Good post. I lived in Busan for 2 years. Fucking miss it. Seoul too of course but I always preferred the southern province food and weather.

Seomyeon, Nampo, Gwangan, Haeundae, it was impossible to be bored there I swear.
>>
>>1294348
Eyy Haeundae Native here! You should check out the underground rock scene next time you're here. Lots of expats to mingle with, chill people.
>>
>>1294231
>What's the best SIM card for Korea?
the wifi eggs in the airport is probably easiest. something like 20-30 bucks for unlimited wifi, and you carry a small receiver with a private wifi in your pocket.
>>
>>1294508
the future is NOW
jesus christ, i haven't been there in 6 years and things have come this far. my korean friends complain to me for not getting kakao talk...
>>
>>1294500
>underground rock scene

very interested. Like speak easys? or just in clubs late at night?
>>
>>1294234
is there one at gimpo?
>>
>>1294606
Different location. Look up/join Supercolor Busan on facebook. You get to see guys that teach English during the day take off their shirts get wasted and rock out.
>>
>>1295074
To answer my own question, KT had data-only SIMs. 30 days is 72,000won so about 2$/day I think
>>
you can only get a visitor prepaid simcard at airport or seoul station ! the normal mobile stores ARE NOT ALLOWED to sell them ! look the opening hours in inet and just go there with your passport
>>
>>1294231
Visit Long-kok once in a while
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.