[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyone who have moved to another country? where is that?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Is there anyone who have moved to another country?
where is that?
what is it like?
are you satisfied with it?
>>
>>1293994
>where is that?
I'm Sweden
Korea, UK, Japan, China,
>what is it like?
Interesting. I don't have a close social group, if I did I would miss them a lot. I miss my family sometimes. I mostly escape into my bubble and live life alone and kind of like a westerner anyway.
>are you satisfied with it?
Soso, I go for work. It's fun but difficult. Usually 12 hour days or longer. If I can decrease it to 8 or less and get time to travel around more I would be more happy.
>>
>>1293994
America, from Korea
It's confusing at times. Lots of turmoil, people fighting against each other while not realizing that they want the same things, but in different ways. I've had dinner at conservative and liberal households, and they both seem to be convinced that the other side is out to destroy their way of life. It's kind of sad, because as an outsider looking in, some problems seem to be easier to fix.

I'm pretty satisfied. I really miss my grandparents and friends, but I'm here to pave my own path, so I shouldn't let homesickness keep me from moving forward. Besides, I socialize with the people here, and often find comfort in helping other expats feel like they're at home.

I helped cook for a Finnish student who really missed home. Finnish food is nothing like Korean food, but I looked up some recipes and he really liked the food.
>>
>>1293994
>where is that?
Prague, Czech Republic
>what is it like?
Been there for few months already, it's enjoyable. The experience is different than being a tourists. There's no rush in seeing all sightseeings, or even lack of interest. The most walking to see stuff I have done, was when I had a friend over. I also got to discover some interesting spots that tourist rarely get to see.
With a job and longer stay, it's cheaper, as you can find a normal flat, instead of a hotel, hostel, or other temporary (and expensive) accommodation. I also get to eat out everyday, which is pretty awesome. It's cheaper and less time-taking than cooking for one person.
The bad part is language barrier. While many people are able to communicate in English, it's just not the language used here, so it cuts access to many local activities.
Moved there for a job, the money is good, great compared to what I would get in my home country. But once there will be a possibility, I'm looking forward to moving elsewhere.
I'm afraid that outside of summer the experience might not be as good.
>>
>>1294525
You seem kind and decent anon. What you doing on 4chan?
>>
>>1294525
Korean friend, I like you. Keep up and I hope you succeed.

>>1293994
Let's drop that travel cred.
>where is that?
Togo, a small country in West Africa. I'm French.

>what is it like?
A lot of aspects of the country are extremely backwards (religious, witchcraft, values....), while others are very modern : ubiquitous Internet, widespread use of smartphones and how whatsapp and Skype have changed the family dynamics.
It's interesting.

I left a few years ago, lived there for 2 years. I miss it sometimes but it was quite exhausting so I wouldn't come back.
It's interesting because you feel a big constrast compared to the "inhuman"/digital lifetstyle we have in the West.
You are constantly interacted with, people are very very open (too much even), there is this human warmth that is lacking in the West.
Children are everywhere, and they really cheer up the atmosphere.
Unsurprisingly, infrastructures are very shit (frequent power cuts, not much to actually do : no cinema, no actual malls, etc.), so you have no choice but to do a lot of outdoorsy stuff like going to the beach, hiking, etc. It's a much more natural lifestyle.

Corruption was a major downer, everything is slowed down and unefficient.
>>
File: doejigukbap.png (613KB, 606x383px) Image search: [Google]
doejigukbap.png
613KB, 606x383px
>>1294574
Thanks! I like trv because i can talk to people about korea from a native's pov, and it's generally not as toxic as the other boards. I like toy, which helps me remember stuff from childhood. I go on /k/ and /diy/ for reference photos for graphic design, and learn game dev stuff from /vg/ and /ic/.

Also, ylyl webm's make me laugh, so there's that.

Pic related: typical korean guk-bap (pork broth soup) place. Gahhh I miss it!
>>
>>1294752
Best of luck to you here in America, Korea-anon. I lived in Korea for a few years and had a wonderful time, I would love to go back some day (especially for the food).
>>
File: chocolatelabor.png (318KB, 353x288px) Image search: [Google]
chocolatelabor.png
318KB, 353x288px
>>1294748
Thank you anon! I stayed in paris for about a month, and I loved the food and the art museums. Everyone was really polite, to be frank, and the only rude people were tourists.

An old lady muttered 'Lousy Japanese' when I had to pass in front of her to get to my friend, I apologized in English and she seemed taken aback.

Looking forward, a country like France seems great in terms of the arts, healthcare, elderly care and childcare, for when I eventually find the right gal/get married/have kids, but good info is hard to come by these days. Do you have any advice?

Also, I've seen some of the stuff done in the name of witchcraft, it's a shame. I may or may not have heard through the grapevine about something that could disrupt the child trafficking on Cacao plantations, though, and it would be interesting to see something like that happen, although that would result in chocolate prices skyrocketing, and give more reason for traffickers to operate elsewhere.
>>
>>1293994

>where is that?
Austria.

what is it like?
>Not that different from where I´m from, Western Europe.

are you satisfied with it?
> Meh it´s ok. From a career perspective I double-kneecapped myself coming here, but otherwise it´s ok. The difficulties I had are mainly due to my line of work, otherwise good country to live in.
>>
>>1294898

Also fuck greentexting etc I´m tired kek
>>
>>1294898

Also fuck greentexting etc I´m tired kek
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.