[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, I would like to go to Taiwan for two weeks in November

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: taipei-101_7.jpg (42KB, 625x360px) Image search: [Google]
taipei-101_7.jpg
42KB, 625x360px
Hi guys,

I would like to go to Taiwan for two weeks in November but I am a bit worried about costs. What should I expect to have a comfortable (but not luxurious) trip? Do you have any advice for me?

Thank you very much!
>>
>>1290769
I just moved here and it's pretty cheap. I spend <$5 USD on food a day, but if you're constantly hitting up restaurants you'll probably spend around $10 a day for food. Hostels here are pretty expensive ($14~), cheapest places to stay would be found on Airbnb or just couchsurfing. HSR is $50 from top of the country to the bottom. Metro costs around a dollar per trip. If you get a card it's 50% cheaper. Most stuff to do is actually free. If you come down to Kaohsiung make sure to check out Monkey Mountain.
>>
>>1290957
What is your profession/why Taiwan?

I love Kaohsiung btw, lovely place.
>>
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Taiwan
>>
I just about came back from taiwan, been there for a month. I didn't really watch my money and managed to only spend €1000 - €1200 (excluding flight). My budget was way higher, but I just couldn't manage to spend more. I must say that I am kind of a cheapass (sleeping in hostels and not spending much money on souvinirs and such), so not spending much money is in my nature. If I were more lavish with my spendings I could have spent maybe €2000 if I wanted to. But still it's not very hard to avoid costs, transport and food are pretty cheap and it's not difficult to find a cheap place to sleep that isn't shit.

I had most fun renting a bicycle and just explore around.
>>
>>1292354
Was it possible to rent a motorcycle or scooter?
>>
>>1290769
People are really nice there. Learn some chinese there. Everything is traditional.Be careful with night market food you can get sick from it. In the summer was horribly hot and humid, im not sure what weather would be like in november but damn was it humid. Its crowded in the train at peak hours and night time. Also dont be so loud.
>>
>>1292507
>Be careful with night market food you can get sick from it
I find Taiwan is actually really good for this. While I know Vietnam and to a lesser extent Thailand have this problem a lot, Taiwan is quite good. I've eaten a lot of street food and never had any problems and I don't know anyone else who has.
>>
File: pink beer.png (206KB, 560x622px) Image search: [Google]
pink beer.png
206KB, 560x622px
>>1292354
What was there to do for a month?
>>
>>1290769
Local business hotels are typically around $60 per night. You may be able to find someplace cheaper through AirBnB or similar.

Food is more like $15 to $20 a day if you're eating real meals instead of "hurr durr I got a boiled egg and some rice from 7-11 look at me I'm a Real Traveler!" like >>1290957 this guy. If you want western food, you can easily throw away $40 on a mediocre meal, $50 if you're getting a steak at TGIF or Texas Roadhouse.

>>1292356
To do it legally, you MUST have an international DL with a motorcycle endorsement. Most places won't rent to you without one. You might be able to convince a place in one of the tourist destination areas to let you get one without, but it's a gamble.
>>
>>1292531
Mostly the food isn't going to kill you. There is, however, a really bad enteritis that is common as shit here. You get that, and it'll be five days on the toilet not able to leave your room because you WILL flood your pants if you do. And by "flood", I mean that you're pissing yellow water out your asshole because all the shit got squirted out on the first day.

I survived it by periodically running from my apartment to 7-11 and back to get bottles of sports drinks. You have about 20 minutes from the time you've emptied out your intestines to the time that they fill up with enough water that you won't be able to hold it in any longer against the massive intestinal contractions that are going on.

I thought I was just unlucky when I got it, but it turns out pretty much everyone gets hit by it once within the first few months of being here.
>>
>>1293462
>I thought I was just unlucky when I got it, but it turns out pretty much everyone gets hit by it once within the first few months of being here.

I have never, ever heard of this, and I lived there for seven months. Don't buy meat from greasy grandma at the market and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1293492
I got it from Burger King, actually.
>>
Can anyone recommend some hostels in Taipei?
>>
>>1295440
the good ones keep getting shut down or converted into apartments. the remainibg ones are soulless or half student dorms
>>
>>1295442
Why is that?
>>
>>1295443
you realy want me to talk about taipei real estate finance?

no you dont
>>
>>1295168
Well there's your problem. Honestly I'd trust a sketchy nightmarket stall over BK any day.
>>
>>1295446
Where do you suggest I stay in Taipei?
>>
>>1295450
check hosteworld
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.