[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does an airport layover need to be at minimum so that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: EI-EJI_FCO_(24869064081).jpg (84KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
EI-EJI_FCO_(24869064081).jpg
84KB, 1200x797px
How long does an airport layover need to be at minimum so that I don't miss my connecting flight? I would have a layover at Istanbul Atatürk Airport
>>
>>1289346
Coming from where? It might make a difference, I don't know if this is still the case, but the last time I flew through there we had to pass through a version of passport control before going to a connecting flight. That was coming from the US and en route to either Qatar or Dubai.

When in doubt, ask the airline.
>>
I think search engines go with 45 or 50 mins minimum?

I did much less in some airports, and failed transferring during much longer time in others...

Best to follow Turkish Airlines' advice.

Atatürk is about average when it comes to transfers, so 1 hr might be okayish. I would personally go with 2-3 hrs, just cause I'm weird and I actually enjoy the airport food there....
>>
>>1289371
Airline fag here.
Minimum connection times are just that. Minimum. Leave yourself at least 2 hours. Id even advocate up to 5 depending on how infrequent your connecting carriers flights are.

Better to chill at the gate for your connecting flight then have your entire trip fucked up.
Have a beer, read a magazine, take a dump, people watch, browse the terminal mall...whatever.
Long layovers are better than being stranded.
>>
If you can buy both flights from the same airline on the same ticket you're fine. They'll either wait for you if the flight is late or book you on the next one.
>>
>>1289732
They will not wait for you. On time performance is extremely important to airlines. They may hold a flight if they know a large amount of people will misconnect and rebooking options are slim, but most airlines will not hold a flight for one person who booked an extremely tight connection.
The airline I work for has a policy, if you call our reservations number and say your running late the canned response is "get to the counter as soon as you can, and the airport agent will work to reaccomodate you"
Planes are occasionally held for misconnects, but its fucking rare.
On time performance stats>your late ass
>>
OP here. Opted for the 5h layover instead of that one of 1h45. The price is the same and I'll arrive at on the same time at my final destination

Hope there's some stuff to do in Ataturk airport
>>
There is a time specified for every airport. Google "Minimum connection time" (MCT).

If you book below that you don't have any obligations against the airline if they fuck up your transfer.
>>
>>1289720
I second this. I had a layover in Munich that was days long.
Unfortunately my debit card didn't have a chip so I had no way of paying for a room anywhere, so I just walked around the city and ate places and slept in a McDonalds. I still look back fondly at it all though.
>>
>>1290039
I see it once in a while that a plane waits a little bit extra for a group of connecting passengers. Especially if it's the last flight of the day. Of course airlines take off without waiting most of the time, but it's not as rare as you say.
>>
Rule of thumb:

>Domestic flights: min. 1 hour
>International flights: min. 2 hours
>major holiday: double the above
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.