[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When travelling to visit a country, would you have to abide by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: images.png (716B, 92x92px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
716B, 92x92px
When travelling to visit a country, would you have to abide by their sex laws? Or only abide by the sex laws from your country of origin. For example, In Canada legal sex age is 16 and in the States, for the most part, is 18. Would you have issues crossing the U.S border with a person who is 16 years old while you are 21+?
>>
File: stupid jackoff.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
stupid jackoff.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>do you have to follow the laws of the country you're in?
are you really asking this question?
>>
>>1289334
When you visit a country you have to abide to ALL host country laws.
>>
>>1289336
Bravo, quite helpful and not what I was asking. If a U.S citizen (21+) came to Canada and had sexual relations with a person of 16 or 17 years of age (assuming he or she followed the correct protocol for such relations) it would be legal in Canada but illegal as a U.S citizen. One guy told me that it does not matter where you travel, you must abide by the sex laws of the U.S. and charge you no matter where you are at.
>>
File: 5646546.gif (1MB, 341x331px) Image search: [Google]
5646546.gif
1MB, 341x331px
>>1289342
oh, sorry. you're asking
>do you have to follow the laws of a country you're NOT in
that's much less retarded.
>mfw
>>
When in doubt always follow the most restrictive laws
>>
>>1289343
It actually is -- in some places, you can get gigged for certain crimes you commit while abroad. For example, the US can come after you for child prostitution charges even if you went to Bangkok to commit the crime.

And, of course, in situations like the embargo of Cuba, the "crime" is committed when you go to Cuba, but if they decide to bother they can prosecute you for that when you get home.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/08/us/us-is-now-pursuing-americans-who-commit-sex-crimes-overseas.html?mcubz=1
>>
>>1289343
Actually we are supposed to follow both our native country's laws, and the one we are visiting. That's pretty high on every consulate's advice list, also I think some countries even put it in their passports with small letters.
With that said, that's impossible in a LOT of cases, so I never ever heard about this idiotic rule enforced. Like if that was enforced, Las Vegas would collapse, Macau would collapse, Amsterdam, etc would be out of business.
So best to just stick to the rules of the country we're visiting, and then don't go too crazy.

Child protection/human trafficking laws are also a thing. My parents once sent me on holiday with my (adult) sister to visit family abroad when I was 15 or so, and I was nearly turned back at the border. We didn't bring written permission from my parents, and border control first thought I was kidnapped. Luckily with some pointing at our names and mother's name they let us cross the border, but it took quite long.
>>
>>1289363
The US actually collects all sorts of info about their citizens abroad that other countries do not, that's why a lot of banks refuse to open accounts for US citizens abroad in thr past few years. They have to report to the US or something.
>>
>>1289363

I'm pretty sure that the US law only applies to minors under 16, that would make sense since there are US states which allow 16/17 year old sex. So as far as the original question goes, I believe anything you can do in canada legally won't affect you when you return home.

If someone can clarify the statute that would be helpful.
>>
>>1289363
Many countries have that. Where if you commit a crime that's illegal in both countries you can be persecuted even if you go back to your own country.

If you for example go to Spain and have sex with a 14 year old you are not braking their laws and as such would not be seen as a criminal in the US. On the other hand if you go to Cambodia and fuck a 9 year old then you would be a criminal in both Cambodia and US/Canada/most western countries.
>>
Where can I go to snort cheap coke and sniff 16 year old asshole? Is that too much to ask these days?
>>
>>1289334
Why don't you just go to one of the many states in which it is legal to fuck a 16 year old instead of screwing around with canada you stupid pervert?
>>
>>1289387
>If you for example go to Spain and have sex with a 14 year old you are not braking their laws and as such would not be seen as a criminal in the US.

your example might be legal, but your principle if it's legal there it's legal for visitors is wrong
https://www.justice.gov/criminal-ceos/citizens-guide-us-federal-law-extraterritorial-sexual-exploitation-children

>Section 2423(c) of Title 18, United States Code, prohibits United States citizens or legal permanent residents from traveling from the United States to a foreign country, and while there, raping or sexually molesting a child or paying a child for sex.
>Citizens can be punished under this law even if the conduct they engaged in was legal in the country where it occurred.
>For example, if an individual traveled to a country that had legalized prostitution, and while they were there they paid a child for sex, that individual could still be convicted under this statute. The penalty for this provision is up to 30 years in prison.
>>
>>1289342
>One guy told me that it does not matter where you travel, you must abide by the sex laws of the U.S. and charge you no matter where you are at.
This is 100% true. It was a vague legal principle in common law systems at least, but now most western countries have specifically legislated on this matter to combat sex tourism. It's like The Man somehow knew that Sex Tourist was the best player on /trv/'s 4chan cup squad.
>>
>>1289334
wow...you are incredibly dense.
>>
>>1289334
> be from Oregon.
> decide to travel the world.
> bring with me an ounce of weed cause im a Portland faggot that needs to blaze.
> one way ticket to Singapore.
> Singapore customs finds my weed.
> tell them it's allright "Im from Oregon".
> Singapore police drag my ass to jail.
> get one phonecall.
> call family and tell them there has been a mistake, Im from Oregon and weed's legal there.
> Mother hangs up in utter disbelieve.
> get assigned a lawyer.
> lawyer tells me that i brought narcotics to the land and will almost definitely be assigned the death penalty.
> tell lawyer there has been a mistake cause Im from Oregon and weed is legal there.
> lawyer shakes his head and leaves the room.
> get a call from embassy
> they tell me that getting me off this one will be hard but they will do their best
> I tell them this is all a misunderstanding! Im from Oregon!
> Embassy hangs up the phone.
> day of death comes up
> being dragged to a courtyard in front of gun wielding Singapore executioners.
> am told that I have to the count of three.
> tell them that this is all a mistake
> CHING!
> weed is legal in my country!
> CHONG!
> I'M FROM OREG...
> POTATO!
> the group of executioners unload their guns into my frail Oregon body.

does this answer your question?
>>
>>1289342
It's not just "abide by the sex laws of the U.S.", the feds specifically prohibit having sex with anyone under 18 when traveling outside the U.S. It's to prevent child sex tourism.

You can fuck your 16 year old cousin in Alabama all you want, but if you leave the U.S. with her and fuck her, you're committing a federal felony.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.