[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to Guyana in a week for a wedding. My wife and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Guyana.png (68KB, 1036x733px) Image search: [Google]
Guyana.png
68KB, 1036x733px
I'm going to Guyana in a week for a wedding. My wife and I are going to hit up some tourist destinations: Keiteur Falls and Bartica as well. We'll be staying at family members' houses for a few days. Has anyone been there? What am I to expect? My wife was born there but hasn't been back in 12 years. She also grew up in a shitty part of Georgetown so her view of the place is a crime ridden hell hole. What am I to expect as a white boi in a place that doesn't receive too many tourists.
>>
is your girl indian?
>>
>>1288789
Yes
>>
File: wakenaam.jpg (164KB, 1024x567px) Image search: [Google]
wakenaam.jpg
164KB, 1024x567px
>>1288784
The wedding is on wakenaam island. We'll only be there for a few days because the family will just lock us in - preventing much sight-seeing.
>>
File: kaieteur falls.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
kaieteur falls.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>1288784
Kaieteur Falls is their main attraction. Hopefully I'll see some cool frogs and shit in the jungle too. I'm worried about the small plane ride to get to the falls. Have to live though. I'd never forgive myself if I went here and didn't see their main digs.
>>
File: bartica.jpg (107KB, 979x581px) Image search: [Google]
bartica.jpg
107KB, 979x581px
>>1288784
Bartica is a local tourist destination. Maybe I'll add to the body of images on google as they seem sparse for Guyana.
>>
>>1288784
This place is famous too but this is an hour or two at best. I'm sure I'll just get lit on El Dorado rum and enjoy the warm weather.
>>
holly fuck, my mom is from that island too
>>
>>1290273
Electricity is Limited(During the day), and the mosquitoes will eat you alive. Make sure you have plenty bug spray and a bed net. Its quiet af, so you wont have troubles sleeping.

Since you are a white boi, leave all your possessions at home when you go out. Phone, jewelry, etc etc. Also dont walk around with excess money.

ama i've been there on that exact island many times.
>>
>>1290273
Her parents are from Wakennam and I think Leguan or Hog island. Small world I suppose.

>>1290274

Good to know. I do have a bed net, plenty of deet, and all my shots. I heard malaria pills give you vivid dreams. Can anyone attest to that?
>>
>>1290274
Other than visit family, what would you recommend doing? Any place in particular to go or see? Being drunk all week would be a nice change of pace from the daily grind but I'd like to see more. I doubt I'd go back any time soon.

Also what fruits should I eat?
>>
>>1290641
>Also what fruits should I eat?

Whatever's in season.
>>
>>1290487
>I heard malaria pills give you vivid dreams. Can anyone attest to that?
Yep, but it's not like it's life changing or whatever. It feels like a fever dream.
It can mess up your gut though, don't worry if you feel some cramps.

DO.NOT.TAKE.LARIAM though. It's one of the anti-malarial and it gives you suicidal thoughts (at least to 1/4 of people, apparently), as random as it seems.
That shit is potent, I almost threw myself off a roof because of that BS.
>>
>>1290664
We have malarone. No lariam within. I'll enjoy the lucid dreams then.
>>
Mangos, and more mangoes.
The greenish ones with salt and pepper.
Cherries.

DON'T drink the trench water, your immune system is not ready for it, plus they bathe in the trenches and throw waste in it.
>>
>>1290706
haha I wouldn't drink anything deemed "trench water" even if it was on a pure mountain top in the swiss alps.
>>
>>1288784
Visit Jonestown,
I heared they have good coolaid
>>
>her view of the place is a crime ridden hell hole

As opposed to what, the Beverly Hills of Africa?
>>
>>1290965
As opposed to the less-shitty part of Georgetown. Thanks for posting, Paco.

>>1290915
Frozen koolaid is ironically a popular treat there
>>
>>1288784
Off I go tomorrow. I'll post pictures throughout the trip if the thread is still alive. Godspeed all.
>>
File: bby.png (173KB, 360x555px) Image search: [Google]
bby.png
173KB, 360x555px
>>1291752
I know some guyanese in brooklyn and queens. They are all black rather than indian though
>>
>>1292008
Nice. There's a Guyanese Indian section in queens. T minus a few hours before I leave for the airport.
>>
>>1288784
>tourist destinations
>guyana
Bro make up your mind, I highly doubt more than 0.5% of Americans and Europeans know that this place exists, it's about as popular as "tourist spots" in Bulgaria
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.