[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, I'm looking for advice on where to go. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 58fef4b8387260559c6d4c576f163eeb.jpg (210KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
58fef4b8387260559c6d4c576f163eeb.jpg
210KB, 1920x1200px
Hi /trv/,

I'm looking for advice on where to go. I'm a 27 year old single guy who hasn't been out of the country (US) since 2007. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, but I'm thinking of going somewhere right after Thanksgiving when I'll be in California (San Francisco area).

So, can anyone recommend any places in Europe that would be great to go for a single traveler around the end of November/beginning of December?
Some considerations:
-I'm more interested in cities than the countryside
-More interested in cultural sightseeing than nature/hiking
-Don't care about partying/raving but wouldn't want to go somewhere totally dead
-Probably looking at staying in a hostel because of cheapness and also the possibility of meeting people
-More interested in Northern/Central Europe than the Mediterranean, but open to things

P.S. I could also do late January, if there's anywhere that would for some reason be way better at that time.
P.P.S. I hear a lot about going to Norway, and less about going to Sweden. Is Norway better to visit than Sweden? Lol. I have Swedish heritage so to me that's the more compelling of the two.

Thanks in advance :)
>>
>>1287628
>-More interested in Northern/Central Europe than the Mediterranean, but open to things
Your want list seems to vibe a lot more with Southern Europe than Northern Europe imo
>>
>>1287635

Why? And where in particular are you referring to? For some reason, Italy, Spain, and Greece sound kinda meh to me.
>>
>>1287639
Not samefag, but in the winter there is literally nothing going on in Northern cities. Like you could visit museums, do Christmas shopping, but that's about it? The Northern cities are quite dead, people just chill at home (or on the Maldives, Maldives meaning any sunny island) and wait for the darkness to pass.
While in eg. Rome or Istanbul... It may be rainy, but there is still a bit more life there.
>>
>>1287644

Damn. Is it just really shitty and cold in the northern cities? How about France?
>>
>>1287656
>>1287644 is kinda right, all the life is in the Alps during winter, but you are a fag and only want to stay in big cities so you're kinda fucked. France is nice during fall but 90% of the nice shit is in smaller towns with nice countryside like Alsace, Rhone Alps, Burgundy and Franche Compte. But you live in Pittsburgh so you are no stranger to snow so it wouldn't be as interesting, blew my fucking mind last time I went in Mid-December being from New Orleans.

So picture this for Central/Northern Europe Cities in the winter. It's a kinda more interesting Pittsburgh except everyone speaks a different language.

If money isn't an issue then you could stay in Monaco
>>
>>1287639
>For some reason, Italy, Spain, and Greece sound kinda meh to me.

how can you be interested in cultural sightseeing but not interested in those countries?? one region of italy or spain has more culture than scandinavia put together
>>
>>1287664
>you are a fag and only want to stay in big cities
Lol, well what is there to do in the Alps? Skiing?
I've only lived in Pittsburgh for 1 year so I'm not that used to snow, or at least I'm not totally blase to it. But it's hard for me to picture what single traveler would have to do in small towns. Eat cheese at tiny village shops?

>>1287669
In my mind they're all shitty and dirty and poor. I probably need to be redpilled.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.