[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 25 yr old burger who has spent my entire life living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I'm a 25 yr old burger who has spent my entire life living in and around Boston. I want to quit my tech job and get a master's in Europe. Specifically, Bavaria, Switzerland, or Austria. Is this reasonable or am i just a disillusioned doofus who thinks the grass is greener? I am sick of America and want a break. Is Vienna better than Boston? People say Boston is great but i feel like it is shit.
>>
>>1287591
Boston is overrated shit. I got bored of the city in about 2 months. The little coastal towns north and south of the city are nice.

You should travel to these places and see what you think before just getting your head wrapped up in an idea and deciding to move. Many times the grass does seem greener. I empathize with wanting to leave America but when you are jobless at 30 you might regret it. I feel like moving to a remote corner of the US where you feel a bit more insulated from the daily happenings might be a better compromise.
>>
>>1287591
>am I just a disillusioned doofus who thinks the grass is greener?
Probably.
>Is Vienna better than Boston?
Yup. It's also pretty sterile and living long-term in any place without speaking the language is going to feel very isolating.

I understand your plight, though. Start learning German now (none of that two-bit Duolingo shit either, take real classes and put in serious effort). Travel to Germany and Austria (if you're set on Vienna; that's the premise I'm working on here) to see whether you actually like the vibe there. Europe is different from the US. If you do, start saving up for tuition because 9/10 you won't be getting any sweet subsidies. Then, hey, go for it.
>>
>>1287620
OP here. I have family in Germany, and my father waa born there. I studied German for two years in college and learning the language was part of the reason for the choice
>>
Vienna its awesome. Its not far from
slovakia witch is much cheeper. Its around 30 mins driving.
>>
>>1287627
You should really know the language to at least C1 level (look up what that means) before entering tertiary education.
>>
>>1287591
New Orleans fag here, studied in Salzburg then Bern for a coupe semesters and I loved it. And I don't even hate New Orleans, just join local sports teams or clubs to get friends fast, you don't have to be good at sports, and as long as you aren't a complete autist then you should make friends fast, and the faster you make friends the better. Being alone in a city sucks balls
>>
>>1287648
Noted. I wouldn't consider myself C1 nor do I feel confident i could pass a test. However, the degrees I am looking at are taught entirely in English
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.