[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tr; Dr: Is the shady bit of your city one chunk, or spread thinly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4

File: Munisipality.jpg (252KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Munisipality.jpg
252KB, 1600x1200px
Tr; Dr: Is the shady bit of your city one chunk, or spread thinly everywhere?

Just moved to Pittsburgh for school. Spent a decent amount of time trying to figure out if the neighborhood I was moving into was good or not (Spoilers: It's a C- neighborhood, but also currently undergoing explosive gentrification, so it balances out to a fine place to live with no shops close by.) And then I got to the city, and I realized the whole damn thing could fit in a seven mile circle and it's not like some dude isn't going to cross a street to jack a car or something. It's all right there. Don't pretend like you're safer because you a six minute car ride away.

Also; I had spent most of my life in either the city-centers of Nebraska, or Chicago, the city where red-lining was basically invented. Up until this point, I had kinda thought that poverty only came in Soul Crushing and Life Ending flavors. The families here with nice used cars, parked on the gas, in well cared for buildings, that are covered in tags, throw off my compass as to what a neighborhood is like.
>>
>Middle-town Belgium
>Centre is very much alright
>Only two high-rise towers just outside the centre, two more about 1km away
>The two in town are almost exclusively white trash
>The two just out of town are mostly Moroccans/Turks
>The latter have started to be demolished, no-one really cares where the inhabitants will go
>Not in town though, rent is too high
>There's now plans to demolish the white-trash towers, replace them with condos for rich people
I'm sure there's "worse" neighbourhoods, but nothing near as bad as America, OP.
>>
File: 1151695108556.jpg (69KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1151695108556.jpg
69KB, 750x600px
>>1286818
OP here. I would also love to open the floor up to what people consider "bad".
The neighborhoods around me are dirt poor, but they're inhabited by people who care about the neighborhood and want a good life for their kids. It's not Nice, but it's not Dangerous. Just kinda shitty.
>>
Curious bamp.
>>
File: vegas6n-2-web[1].jpg (49KB, 750x539px) Image search: [Google]
vegas6n-2-web[1].jpg
49KB, 750x539px
Clark County, NV resident here. Every part of the Las Vegas metro area is the shittiest in its own special way. Historic west side for abandoned buildings and crushing poverty, Boulder Hwy for prostitution, north town for terrible roads and city planning, east Vegas for shitty housing, the nice, new developments in the south and Henderson have terrible burglary problems, and what's the most violent, drug infested shit hole in Vegas? The Las Vegas strip itself. People come here and pretend the rules don't fucking apply. A LVMPD patrol officer would rather walk a west side ghetto on foot at night alone than work the motherfucking strip.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.