[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: photo-mickey-mouse-720x576.jpg (50KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
photo-mickey-mouse-720x576.jpg
50KB, 720x576px
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I'm going to Disney World in one month and it's my first time so I was wondering what would be the best attractions/activities or places to visit.
>>
>>1286017
Go see the punch out the Netflix logo.
>>
>>1286022
kek
>>
>>1286017
bump
>>
It's a themepark. You'll figure it out.
>>
>>1286171
okay, sorry for the dumb question.
>>
>>1286017
This is the best place to ask this.

Magic Kingdom, pretty gardens, great parade at the end of the day, and don't miss the Fantasia.

Hollywood Studios, great ambiences, good restaurants, Aerosmith's Rock N Roller coaster is great, Rock it rollercoaster is also fun.

Epcot, best restaurants in the parks, great ambience, bellow average rides, don't miss the fireworks show at the end of the day.

If you visit the Universal theme parks, the Harry Potter areas are a must see. And Universal's thrill rides are way better.

If you love roller coasters, consider a day trip to Tampa, Busch Gardens have the best roller coasters.

One last advice, wear confortable shoes and clothes. Be ready for never ending queues.
>>
>>1286197
aight thx.
>>
Go to the Sleepy Hollow Inn in the Liberty Square section and order a spicy chicken waffle sandwich. Best food item in the park.
>>
>>1286017
The Flight of Passage in Pandora in animal kingdom is absolutely incredible. Even if you dont like the movie you would be a fool to not try it.

Also

>download My Disney Experience app
>reserve fastpasses
>reserve dining ( only if there's a place you really want to try, some people don't like to be on a schedule)
>study map
>be ready for painful heat and sudden Thunderstorms
>all parks have night shows (fireworks, lights, etc) but they're not shown every night so look up the schedule for when you'll be there and plan accordingly

Also, the parks usually open half an hour before their posted time so if theres a ride you want to get to, that would be the time.
>>
>>1286017
Have you ever been to disneyland?
If you have then you have about a 1/8th idea of how big disneyworld is. Prepare yourself for a city of mouse.

Cinderellas Royal Table is god tier at dinner.
>>
>>1286017
Magic Kingdom: Pretty much anything depending on your tastes as a person. Splash Mountain is a must.

Epcot: Not really a big fan of the rides here, but the world showcase is worth it. If you're not going alone, I'd recommend drinking/eating around the world. For restaurants I'd recommend either the Rose and Crown or Le Cellier. Make sure to get reservations.

Hollywood Studios: Not much to do there at the moment. I just think there's too much construction going on at the moment. If you do decide to go, I advise you to just ride all five rides. Also, if you're into it, watch some shows and Fantasmic.

Animal Kingdom: Great atmosphere for an upgraded zoo. Make sure to go in the morning for the best views of the animals during the safari. Avatar Flight of Passage is a great new addition to the park that is well worth and hour wait, but anything past two is a waste. The Na'vi boat ride or whatever is only good for walk-on.

Note: Listen to >>1286664 with the addition of making sure to be there at rope drop. It is very easy to ride two or three rides you don't have a fastpass for early in the morning with minimal wait (I advise the thrill rides). If staying on property, it is always a good idea to spend the afternoons in your room because of the expanded crowd size. Lastly, if you have time, visit the other resorts for an interesting experience. If you're at the Magic Kingdom, just take the resort monorail to visit the three resorts on the line at the least.
>>
Different anon here. Any suggestions on hotels? So far, the Bay Lake Tower and Caribbean Beach sound like the ideal ones. Idk much about them though. Money isn't exactly an issue, but I'd like to get the most bang for my buck. I'm taking kids that have never been to Disney if that changes anything.
>>
>>1288567
What is your favorite park?
Bay lake tower is not great at all, you have to go next door to the Contemporary for everything, plus the views are HORRIBLE. The Castle view overlooks a parking lot.
Haven't stayed at caribbean beach yet, but it seems nice

Polynesian is the best hotel in the Magic Kingdom part of Disney World

Beach/Yacht club and Boardwalk are the best places to stay hands down. If you have the money, go for it. You would be in walking distance from Epcot and a short boat ride away from Hollywood Studios. Do research on these.

Stay away from All-Star, Animation, and Pop Century, not the best Disney Experience.

Coronado Springs is very big and kind of in the middle of nowhere

Saratoga Springs is better for a couples retreat IMO

Port Orleans seems cute, never been there but have heard good things about it.

My Recommendation - With little kids, they are going to want to spend a lot of time at Magic Kingdom, so I would pick Polynesian Resort. If that is too expensive, go with the Contemporary. Grand Floridian is an absolute Splurge. These are all on the Monorail, so getting to Magic Kingdom or Epcot is a breeze.

I hope this helps. I have been to Disney 13+ times, so if you have any other questions let me know.
>>
I've been to WDW about a dozen times. Some notes:

* In a vacuum, Magic Kingdom is still the best park. It had the best bang for your buck in terms of attractions/day and the quality of those rides.
> Must-do: Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
> Meh: Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room

* My personal favorite park is Epcot, but more for the atmosphere than the attractions themselves. The first half of the park is whimsical old-school technology, the back half is fun for an afternoon with nothing to do.
> Must do: Test Track, Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land (underrated ride)
> Meh: Any/all of the World Showcase attractions, Mission Space, Nemo & Friends

* Hollywood Studios = The most boring of the four parks. Why does this even exist?
> Must do: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror
> Meh: Muppet Vision, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania

* Animal Kingdom is alright, and Pandora/Avatar Land just opened up.
> Must do: Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris
> Meh: The walk-through exibits, Primeval Whirl

* Water parks are decent. Blizzard Beach for the slides/rides, Typhoon Lagoon for something more casual/slow-paced.

* Only do Downtown Disney if you're looking to shop/eat. Avoid Disneyquest, it was already sketchy 10 years ago, now it's a rip off.

* As others mentioned, always take advantage of Magic Hours (park opens an hour earlier for on-property guests) and be there when the park opens. Especially during the summer, it gets packed quickly. Fast passes are also a must, and you may have to do some logistics to optimize.

>>1288567
If money isn't an issue and you have kids, I'd go with either Wilderness Lodge or the Grand Floridian. Any of the hotels in the Magic Kingdom area are solid. I'll also add that as a general rule the dining at the hotels is 10x better than at the parks. Avoid any of the All-Star or Art of Animation resorts.
>>
>>1286017
>>1288591
Adding to eating at Hotels
Unless you are going to eat at World Showcase, dont eat in the parks. I believe you can still bring in lunches, so usually my mom would pack us a brown bag lunch and we would eat out for dinner.

Blizzard Beach is fun for little kids while as I have gotten older, I have enjoyed Typhoon Lagoon more.

Agree with Downtown Disney, try to avoid it. It pretty much an overpriced mall now.

Agree Epcot is best park. Spend 1.5 days here with 1/2 a day at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom and 1.5 days at Magic Kingdom for a first timer.
>>
>>1286017
Okay, I never thought I'd see a Disney World thread on /trv/ but now my secret shame will finally come in handy, I guess!

Source on all of this: I did the Disney College Program and literally fucking lived in this place for 6 months. (Yes I know, point and laugh at how much of a faggot I am)
(This will be broken up into multiple posts, don't worry, I'll sage the rest to avoid repeated bumping)
>Magic Kingdom
You're going to want to check out the mountains, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain. These are both classic rides and also not overrated. The wait can be rough but it's so worth it, these are strong contenders for fastpasses. You're also going to want to go on Haunted Mansion for sure, this is a ride that, for something that was built in the 70s, is fucking fantastic. Seriously, the effects used in this ride have aged VERY well. Pirates of the Carribean is very overrated but still a great ride and the animatronics aren't too bad. Jungle Cruise is pretty great, the jokes are corny but a lot of fun, and at least there's a lot to look at. The problem with this park that you have to avoid is that there's a lot of shit you can get at any other theme park like Dumbo's flying elephants or the mad hatter's tea party. I would avoid these unless you're there on a not-busy day and have a lot of time. Everything else is pretty good, not many truly bad standouts except for a few like Stitch's great escape, Country Bear Jamboree, and Hall of Presidents. Avoid these. For food, most fast food is the same, good restaurants like skippers canteen or be our guest are hard to get a table for, so reserve ASAP. Shopping, of course, is overpriced as hell.
>>
>>1289534
>Disney's Hollywood Studios
Oh fuck, this park is so dead right now. If you only have three days, this is the one to skip. This park will have a lot of cool shit REALLY soon, but not yet, unfortunately. There are SOME gems in this park though. Tower of Terror is arguably the best ride in Disney World if you take nostalgia away. Yes, it's a tower drop, but the pre show is awesome and not like Disney Land's. Fantasmic is a great show with lots of cool effects and worth sticking around for at the end of the day. If you want the most thrilling ride in Disney World, Rockin' Roller Coaster is the only roller coaster in Disney World that loops, and it even has a launch start that sends you from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds (they advertise this shit constantly). Star tours is alright. Toy story mania is a good time killer if you've done everything else and is basically a shooting gallery ride. The food at this park is really shitty and doesn't really have much to write home about. Like I said, this park doesn't really have much at the moment, so don't get your hopes too high. The good news is the boardwalk is close by, and is my FAVORITE place on property. There are a bunch of cool little shops and restaurants, and barely anyone knows it exists. But I could go on forever... next, EPCOT.
>>
>>1289538
>EPCOT
This park has a reputation for being really boring, and that is because objectively, when all the parks were at their peak, this park had the least amount of rides. That title now goes to Hollywood Studios, however, I still don't think the best parts of this park are really ride focused. Future World is in the front of the park where you walk in, which is about the wonders of the future and what the human race has accomplished in terms of innovations. Spaceship Earth is the centerpiece of the park and is one of my favorite rides, that being said, it's educational and very slow. So... it's not really for everyone. Test Track used to be cool, but this new one isn't as good, still worth your time though! Soarin' is fastpass essential. It's a great ride but holy hell the lines are fucking terrible usually.

When you do the world showcase, start with Mexico. It's just correct. Trust me. Spend time in the countries, have a snack maybe, go through the shops, etc. The World Showcase is not meant to be a hasty runaround trying to get everywhere immediately, you have to EXPLORE to get the best experience. If possible, budget a whole day for the showcase alone. In terms of food, the world showcase is easily the best cuisine in any of the parks, you can literally eat around the world if you want, there are so many choices. My personal fave though is Teppan Edo in Japan. Just saying.
>>
>>1289541
>Disney's Animal Kingdom
Ahhh, the park I worked in. Honestly, people will tell you this park is shit, but they're wrong. Kilamanjaro Safaris is fucking awesome, you get in a huge bus-like car and drive around a zoological area the size of magic kingdom, and the animals are REAL. Every single ride is different. Dinosaur is basically the "haunted house' of Animal Kingdom and includes lots of jumpscares and loud dinosaurs in a trip back in time. It's a good time if you're into that sort of thing. Expedition Everest is my single favorite ride in all of Disney World and inspired my love of the Himalayan Mountains. Make sure to look at the cool artifacts in the line and check out the shrine to the Yeti as your train rides up the mountain! Good food here includes the marketplace in Africa, Tiffins ($$$), and Yak & Yeti. Most lands have an area to view animals, and you'll also probably be able to check out the new Avatar (Blue people) area. I haven't been to that yet so I can't really comment on it but I've heard from my old coworkers that it's amazing.
>>
>>1289542
>Misc
These are all going to be brief.

>Disney Springs
Really nice marketplace area, it's just a bunch of shops but entry is free so it's a good place to go if you're getting sick of the parks but don't want to fork out extra money or leave property. Best Dining Includes Bongos, Earl of Sandwich (Cheap), Jock Lindsay's Bar, STK ($$$) and the Coca Cola Store has a "drink soda around the world" thing that's pretty cheap, but it's by no means a "must".

>Water Parks
I actually haven't even been to the water parks that much, they both have some fun stuff but I wouldn't put them on the same level as the theme parks at all. I like Typhoon Lagoon better if you only have time for one. Blizzard Beach is kinda tacky and really just has the theme and summit plummet going for it.

>Mini Golf
Really something you should only be doing if you are absolutely out of things to do. Yeah it's... cool and all but it's really small compared to all of the other things you could be doing in the parks.

>Disney's Wide World of Sports
Eh.

Will answer questions about resorts (I've visited them all) and any other Disney World Topic/Question upon request.
>>
>>1288587
>Boardwalk is the best place to stay hands down
Hell yes. An anon after my own heart.
>>
>>1289542
>>1289541
>>1289538
>>1289534
Based anon dropping some knowledge.

Thanks brotato chip. Epcot actually sounds like fun now.
>>
>>1289538
IDK why MGM gets so much hate. It's worth visiting for the Fantasmic show alone. Star Tours, the Muppet Show, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror added, I think it's the best park behind MK. That said, I generally only enjoy Disney for the rides.
>>
>>1286197
Some of this list can change depending on who you are but hes pretty much spot on (im a local).
>>
what the hell is up with this reddit-tier obsession over disneyland. some of you sound like you're talking about legit amazing destinations
>>
>>1289786
Fuck off you absolute fucking loser. We're talking about Disney World, not Disney Land.
>>
>>1286017
Ignore Hollywood studios since that only has 3 rides as of posting this.
>>
There are attractions that have closed as of this year such as Disney Quest, the Ellen ride in Epcot, and that movie ride in Hollywood Studios. I am aware that the Circus de Solei (?) will be concluding this year at Disney Springs. I would make sure to check for any attractions closing soon if they might interest you.
>>
>>1290559
Good to know. I have the 4 Park Magic ticket where you can only go to one park per day so I'll probably chill that day and just catch the fantasmic show at night. I got the fastpass for it so why not.
>>
see a show to get a Disney world experience. my favorite is illuminations in epcot.
>>
>>1290693
Why in the world would they get rid of the movie ride?? That was the heart of MGM. I remember being a little kid and getting genuinely scared when our car was hijacked. My parents pushed the Disney magic like pros.
>>
>>1286017
Walt's cryogenic tube beneath the Frozen Ever After ride.
>>
File: Trader Sam's.jpg (845KB, 1024x667px) Image search: [Google]
Trader Sam's.jpg
845KB, 1024x667px
>>1290741
Go to Trader Sam's at the Polynesian, look for some DVC skanks to hook up with, it's like the Tiki Room for grown ups.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.