[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In response to the thread on your Top and bottom travel destinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: K8B_9864.jpg (984KB, 4100x1800px) Image search: [Google]
K8B_9864.jpg
984KB, 4100x1800px
In response to the thread on your Top and bottom travel destinations lets have a thread dedicated to your favorite and least favorite airports

Favorite
>MUC
>CDG
>BKK

Worst
>SVO
>TBS
>NRT

All of these I have never been in domestic terminals, only international.
>>
Hong Kong
Suvarnabhumi
Dubai

Worst
Shanghai
Charles De Gaulle
Heathrow
>>
>>1285088
have not been to many

best:
toronto island
seattle
las vegas

worst:
ohare
laguardia
newark
>>
>>1285088
In the US DTI and DFW are surprisingly awesome.

I don't understand why New York City's airports are such shit. That is embarrassing tbqh.
>>
>>1285088
Assuming we're only talking major cities. I have been to some backwater shit-hole airports.

Best
Singapore Changi
Hong Kong
Toronto

Worst
Los Angeles
Newark
Berlin Tegel
>>
It's hard to compare the big international hubs with the smaller airports but here goes...

Best
Seoul Incheon
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Copenhagen - I like the style (very Danish) and the fact it serves Copenhagen and Malmo.

Worst
LAX - US airports are generally pretty bad but LAX was the worst for me. The plane takes an age to taxi to terminal, baggage was slow, immigration was slow and it's not easy to change terminals

Berlin - Both of them are terrible in their own way for a city like Berlin. I can't wait for the new Brandenburg airport.

Phuket - It's not really that bad but considering that Phuket is one of the biggest tourist destinations in Asia and when you compare it to BKK. Phuket is dire, especially when you get past security.

I'd just like to stick up for Heathrow a little bit. It could be one of the best airports in the world. They just need to build another runway. It's running at 95% capacity so if there is any minor delay it has a knock-on effect and delays all flights that day. A new runway would stop this immediately but UK governments have been putting it off since the 1980's.

Terminal 5 in Heathrow is amazing. It's the quickest airport to get through on arrival in my opinion. It's very well designed.
>>
>>1285141
lax and los angeles in general is third world. fucking disgusting. even jakarta is better now

at least in jakarta single unaccompanied women can sleep on the benches at night without getting raped or stabbed

someone try that in los angeles
>>
>>1285088
Havent been to many

Best -
MCO
SAN
LAS

Worst -
PHX
SJC
HOU
>>
>>1285153
>SJC and HOU on Worst

Wow, you are sheltered. These are decent airports.
>>
>>1285088
CDG the best? Its literally been voted the worst for many many years running.

You must be fucked in the head if you think CDG is good.
>>
>>1285137
Agreed with DFW. Their international terminal is amazing, domestic sucks though
>>
>>1285088
NRT is one of the best airports in the world.
>>
From the point of view of mainly comfy lounges:

>Favorite
Hong Kong
Qatar
Helsinki (comfy for transfers)
Frankfurt (for the 1st class terminal)

>Worst
Frankfurt (total shit for transfers)
JFK
CDG
>>
File: IMG_5356.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5356.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1285088
>mfw this is ALL of TBS

I agree it blows.
>>
Best:
London (Terminal 5 specifically), best airport terminal in the country thats the best organised and nicest to get through, never waited long for anything there. Also never feels like a long wait with all the stuff to keep you busy.

Helsinki Airport - Its gotten so much better in the last few years, nice and airy, nobody has an attitude and again easy places to eat. And just like the rest of Finland the free internet in the airport actually works properly.

Iceland Rekj airport, not sure why, just always helpover for layovers, has a good smoking section and knows what it is in the airport game and doesn't push anything else.

WORST

Philadelphia, fuck you, seriously fuck you, what is the lay out and point of this place? No cohesion, no good signs, if you have just landed and don't have reception like i always do for 45 minutes suck a dick. You better agree where to meet beforehand with anyone and be specific as their is no arrivals section and no easy universal meeting point. I fucking hate that place with a passion.

Berlin, both of them, someone mentioned this before, but for airports of a major capital city they treat it like one of your local community airports, Tegel especially hasn't upgraded. Enjoy your vending machine departure gate for 2 hours and nothing else.

Glasgow airport, because I got kicked off a flight, not the airports fault but i'm just negative now about there nostalgically.
>>
Best
ICN
SIN

Worst
JFK
CDG

I have really mixed experiences with all the rest. Like LHR I mostly hate, but every now and then I'm just like, damn, this terminal is actually a decent one. Or MUC mostly annoys me with all the walking, but sometimes things just work out fine.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.