[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 31

New Japan General

As always, feel free to ask about:
>Traveling to Japan
>Living in Japan
>Teaching in Japan
>Joining the Yakuza
>Getting your weeb fantasies crushed

*Info on prostitution*
Please try to refrain from asking questions about prostitution.
Japan's sex industry is almost completely inaccessible to foreigners who do not speak Japanese.
What is available can generally be found in the following links
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net/
>http://rockitrisingsun.com/
>http://hentaitokyo.com/

*Note about the JR Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.

>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Please check the /trv/ sticky before asking questions. It's filled with links to great resources, many of them specific to Japan travel.

Please refer to the old thread while it's still up: >>1279376
>>
File: kaeru train.gif (3MB, 445x250px) Image search: [Google]
kaeru train.gif
3MB, 445x250px
If I'm staying for a month, do I need to purchase multiple JR Passes (21 days + 14) or can I hang on to the 21 day and re-activate it at the end of its period?

Airserve's instruction is to purchase the pass BEFORE I arrive and receive an exchange voucher in the mail. Is this actually necessary? Can I not just purchase directly from the JR office in-person?
>>
Hey everyone, question: has anyone ever booked tickets/a tour through Viator? It's this site that I guess is affiliated with Trip Advisor?

My girlfriend and I want to go to the Sumo tournament next month. We tried booking through the official website as soon as tickets became available but it was like the latest Yeezy or Supreme drop or something. The site was overwhelmed with traffic and then all the tickets were sold.

Then I found Viator, and it looks like they have tickets but you do have to go as part of a tour group and stop at the sumo museum first and then go to Ryogoku together. I'm okay with this.

The tickets are reasonably priced and given how fast the initial release sold almost seems to good to be true.

Any experience buying or doing some kind of tour with them? Thanks.
>>
>>1284642

The JR Pass is is used for one range of dates. So a 21 day pass is good for the 21 days after the first day of use (you select what day that is at the JR Pass office). If you're there for more than 21 days, try and arrange your travel so you have some slack time where you don't need the pass. i.e., 7 days in Tokyo at the start, etc.

You can buy the pass in Japan, but it's more expensive by 10-20%. It's very easy to purchase the pass and they ship it via Fedex next-day air.
>>
File: 20160930_083312.jpg (768KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_083312.jpg
768KB, 1753x986px
>round trip tickets are only $480
I want to go again, but I'm not really sure what else there is for me to do there.
I've been 2 times in the past 2 years.

I kind of just want to relax and be comfy but I'm not sure if its worth it to fly all the way just for that.
>>
>>1284642
Please actually do the math with a rail pass calculator or Hyperdia to make sure you actually need one. I came out ahead by around 10k, but that's only because in 21 days I went Tokyo (with day trips to Fuji-Q and Mt Takao) -> Nikko -> Sendai (with day trips to Aizuwakamatsu, Hiraizumi, and the Miyagiko whisky distillery), then Sendai -> Kyoto (day trips to Hikone and Nagoya) -> Hiroshima with a stop at Himeji -> Nagasaki. Unless you're doing a lot of bullet train rides, it is usually not worth getting a pass.
>>
Is there a store dedicated to trap stuff? If so, where is it located
>>
Is it possible to do Japan on the cheap? I want to visit, but horry shittu the prices are insane.
>>
File: 1493472751059.png (267KB, 403x374px) Image search: [Google]
1493472751059.png
267KB, 403x374px
How accessible is marijuana in Japan? Is it even assessable at all?
>>
>>1284712
>>1284722
>>1284744

reminder that Japan threads are cancer
>>
>>1284749

Fuck you fucking prude
>>
>>1284712
There are many, MANY hentai/JAV stories with trap sections. Pretty much all of them. Just look around.

>>1284722
Any country can be cheap if you're going to miss out on a lot.

>>1284744
I had some shitty weed at a """rave""" (shitty mountain music festival) Just ask around in the right places. Usually foreign college students can hook you up. Might not be the best though.

>>1284749
What are you even complaining about?
>>
>>1284776
not video. I meant ike make ups, fake boobs, etc. stuff that make your trap look presentable.
>>
>>1284776

The weed does suck, my friend works in the animation industry and he has connections to decent weed, which is still meh.

You're better off looking for mushrooms or something.
>>
File: bacon master.jpg (66KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bacon master.jpg
66KB, 640x640px
Any good restaurants where they serve quality American food in Tokyo?
You know, big juicy burgers, fries, fried chicken, lots of bacon and cheddar, that kind of thing.
>>
>>1284796
Where can I find an animu girl to feed me chicken tendies and hamdog?
>>
File: friends.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
are there any other good areas to buy video games and animu other than akihabara and nakano?
>>
>>1284749
They are getting worse and worse
>>
>>1284662

Where was that picture taken, my man?
>>
>>1284712
I'd also like to know.
>>
JR Rail pass arriving tomorrow. Can activate it at any Midori office or only major cities? The local station where I'm at has an office but it's tiny.
>>
>>1284794
Kek turbo weeb working sweatshop hours for less than a third shift 7-11 employee. I'd probably want to smoke all the weed I could too.

All that said I don't get the pathological obsession drug fags have with trying to get drugs in Japan. Harsh penalties and its not even good stuff.

Can you waito piggus really not just wait until you go home?
>>
I'll be roaming Japan for 17 days in three weeks.
Will I be able to survive with only a 35L backpack?

Also, bought a JRPass online some days ago and they haven't sent a confirmation yet.
Should I get worried...?
>>
File: IMG_1128.jpg (152KB, 1147x571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1128.jpg
152KB, 1147x571px
Delicious white-collar working hours.
>>
File: 1443530970859.jpg (754KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
1443530970859.jpg
754KB, 1824x1368px
What ward did you stay in in Tokyo?
What did you think of it and would you have picked otherwise in retrospect?
>>
Any night cubs or bars where westerners tend to hang out? Bonus points if it's a high end place.
>>
File: Map_Italophone_World.png (90KB, 1365x577px) Image search: [Google]
Map_Italophone_World.png
90KB, 1365x577px
I noticed that the Wikipedia page for Italian shows that there's apparently a community of Italian speakers in Kansai. Can anyone vouch for this?
>>
>>1284997
Remember when Italy, Germany and Japan tried to take over the world?
Yeah
Theres also communities of Germans
>>
>>1284744
God you fags are insufferable
>>
>>1284989

I haven't been yet (going this month) but from research and people I know, Roppongi is generally the foreigner friendly nightlife.
>>
>>1284942
I live in Tokyo but I recommend Ueno (which is in Taito ku) as a base for travelers. Ueno is a really pleasant place as well as centrally located and the park, zoo and all the museums are right there. You may not find it as suffocating as Shinjuku or Shibuya.

>>1284989
Golden Gai is is full of foreigners at this point. Not high end though.
>>
File: wojak.png (9KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
9KB, 645x773px
My post got lost at the end of the last one...

I'd like to go to Japan with my dad this Spring. My dad used to do business in Tokyo, but all he ever really did was see a few of the tourist sights because he was always there for work. He said Akihabara was cool in the 80s but now it's a lot of the same shit. So, he isn't thrilled about my choice but he is willing since I've always wanted to go and every time I'm in Asia I miss it.

Do you guys think if I plan it well he can see a side of Tokyo he'll enjoy?
He was interested in seeing something like Kyoto, what do you guys think?
Reading this thread I mostly see budget travelers, but what are the best hotels in Tokyo now if you have a large budget? I see there is a Peninsula (my favorite in Hong and Mandarin, anything else I should consider?

One of my interests in Tokyo is I love subcultures: I'm not a weeb but I'd like to see the anime districts and the NEETs and people who have checked out of life I hear about on 4chan sometimes. What are the best areas to see that as a complete outsider (basically never watched anime)?

Also I love Japanese aesthetics. Is there some good places to see how the homes are built and Japanese architecture/design?

For things to do I read the sticky and will continue to lurk here since I have lots of time before going. Sorry for such a long post.
>>
>>1285082
favorite in Hong Kong)*
>>
File: 20160930_083233.jpg (727KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_083233.jpg
727KB, 1753x986px
>>1284830
Takaragawa Onsen. In the Gunma prefecture.
>>
>>1283460
anyone?
>>
>>1285041
ueno doesnt feel very lived in. its convenient on paper but im not sure backpackers would enjoy it much

>>1285082
japan of the 80s is gone. a lot of old timers are shocked upon returning these days

that said if your dad is the typical case kamakura, kyoto, places like that are enjoyable because you get to be in a nice place eithout needing to speak to get around, not far from creature comforts, etc
>>
>>1285097

Have that on my itinerary for this month. Unisex and allows tattoos. I'm hype as fuck. Just hope I'll have enough time with my Tokyo Wide pass for Fuji and Gunma.
>>
>>1285082
>Akihabara was cool in the 80s but now it's a lot of the same shit

In what way was Akihabara better or cooler in the 80s? Akihabara is traditionally for secondhand electronics. It's *still* that-- plus now in more recent years the otaku/anime mecca. How is it not better than the 80s?
>>
>>1285125
Akiba sucks for electronics and anime stuff now. There is basically nothing rare or hard to get there, and theres hardly any deals. They just have really big stores.
>>
>>1285126
There are at least two retro game shops in Akiba for one that have pretty rare and cool stuff off the top of my head.

"Akiba sucks"
"Nakano Broadway is better"
"I'm le edgy contrarian hipster"

When is this shit going to stop.
>>
File: 20160928_181130.jpg (287KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
20160928_181130.jpg
287KB, 1753x986px
>>1285124
Its a nice place, I really liked it.
My only recommendation is bring snacks. They have nice dinners and a buffet style breakfast. But no lunch in the meal plans and its kind of expensive on its own. The nearest town is practically a ghost town. I walked there and found no open stores or restaurants at noon-2 in the afternoon.
>>
>>1285131
I assume you're talking about Mandrake and one other place
A couple shops worth a shit are the exceptions that prove the rule. Akiba used to be packed with places like that. Tons of cheap electronics, and shady places that would mod your consoles.

Now its all big box retailers selling to you at MSRP. The only thing going for it is that since the stores are so huge its still possible to find electronic supplies like how Radioshack used to be, since the store is supported basically from the regular retail goods.
>>
>>1285131
I feel like people get directed more to Nakano Broadway because non-weebs who aren't trying to find anything particular see more variety there. Nakano Broadway does have a massive variety of merch, but that doesn't mean Akiba isn't still the king of anime-specific merch. I was amazed to find a new and sealed copy of Utawarerumono at Traders in Akiba for 3k yen, when Nakano Broadway didn't have one.
>>
>>1285154
Nope Super Potato and Retro Games. I found Sonic Wings/Aero Fighters at Super Potato. So much for no rare stuff.

One thing I will say is prices can be a bit inflated. Super Potato was selling Hyper Dimension for 2500 yen and I found it at Book Off for 900. Still its mainly reasonable. The TRADERS next to Retrp Games is actually really really good. They had the Godzilla Famicom fighting game with box.
>>
>>1284989
Google "Tokyo rooftop bars"
Also four seasons has a great bar
Expensive but I assume you have money given the initial question
>>
How much cash (USD for me) would I need to bring for a 3 day stay in Tokyo? (I already have the airline ticket and hotel taken care of.)
I was thinking $350 would be enough for cheap food, travel, and a little spending money. (Are the prices Google maps gives for the stations accurate? Kokusai-Tenjijo Station to Shin-Kiba Station is listed as 270 yen.)

I would like to see Akihabara and Shinjuku and I'm not really sure what else.
One night will be taken up by a show I already have tickets too, so hopefully that leaves me with enough time for a little sight seeing.
>>
What should I do if I'm in Tokyo and I'm a technofag but I don't give a fuck about anime and other silly things Japanese people do?
>>
>>1285178
Had a similar question but I'm going for a week.

Whats a sensible amount of money to take with me (GBP or JPY)? I do have a travel card, so I can always take more out if it looks like I'm about to run out.
>>
Pretty soon my semester in Tokyo will start. To get to my Uni's Campus I have to use public transport. Now, I'm on a budget so I am looking to get a Student Commuter Pass for 6 months. Forgive me, but I don't really get it. Can I get this student pass for routes from ANY station to Waseda's Station? Because the route is partially done by Seibu Railway, the remaining part of my daily journey would be done by Tokyo Metro. I checked out Tokyo Metro's website and it appears to be impossible to get a commuter pass from my starting station to Waseda. (The starting station is not possible to select). What are my options for affordable transportation fairs? Any help is appreciated.
>>
Where should I go in Osaka for a brothel with cute girls?

Money isn't a problem, but I guess my gaijin status is.
>>
>>1284942
I've stayed in Asakusa, Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, and Nakano. Honestly, I couldn't tell you that any one stood out more than the others, and they were all very pleasant. Nakano probably got old the fastest. Asakusa itself was a bit out of the way, but I like walking and it was (arguably) walking distance to Ueno, where I found myself going a lot. So in the future, I might look for a place there.
>>
>>1285265
Clarification: I might look for a place in Ueno, since it held consistent interest for me and is pretty centrally located.

>>1285082
If your dad is grumpy and stuck in his "grr, things were better 30 years ago" mentality, the sad truth is that you probably won't be able to change that no matter what you do, and if you spend a lot of energy planning around it and trying to win him over, you're going to have a worse time.
>>
I live in Japan and I have summers off and more money than I know what to do with. What should I do?
>>
>>1285360
Find a job and be a useful member of the society if you "live" here.
>>
>>1285369
I have a job here.
>>
>>1285380
Which job lets you off for the whole fucking summer?
>>
>>1285382

prob teaching
>>
Traveling to japan in early october for 21 days, I was planning on staying in either Osaka or Kyoto for a few days, the spending the remainder in tokyo. I have two questions

1. I'll most likely be buying a rail pass, but would it be smarter/more convenient to fly in to osaka, stay for a few days, take the train up to tokyo then fly home?

2. Should I stay in Kyoto or Osaka? Both? I probably won't be out late partying or anything aside from a few drinks, mostly interested in food and cultural/nature sites and shrines and the like.
>>
File: wojak-tears.png (26KB, 584x700px) Image search: [Google]
wojak-tears.png
26KB, 584x700px
>tfw your dad's Akihabara comment triggered everyone to the point of not getting your other questions answered.
I didn't know that was a sore subject :o(

>>1285105
Thank you. He's pretty adventurous, but yeah neither of us speak Japanese. I'm considering hiring a translator/guide.

>>1285125
He was doing business there in the 80s and 90s and used to bring back electronics that just weren't here in the States. Also he said it was just more unique than it is now. I didn't really press him on the subject.

>>1285270
He's actually generally pretty open and adventurous.
>>
Going to Akihabara today
Where's a gaijin friendly place that I can get my duck sucked?
>>
>>1285513
Enter literally any maid cafe. If the waitresses aren't so disgusted by you that they drop their act, then all you have to do from there is make really strong advances. Remember, Japanese men - especially otaku - are weak and soft. The maids will love it if you're a bit brash and use a bit of force. Trust me.
>>
>>1285513
You would be in the wrong neighborhood for quality dicksucking, mate.
>>
>>1285520
>The maids will love it if you're a bit brash and use a bit of force. Trust me.
Later today we're going to hear about a maid getting raped.
>>
>>1285520
>>1285525
What's the allure of the maid cafes? Sounds tacky.
>>
>>1285529
I have no idea.
Though I do have a tiny bit of interest in going to one, depending on how expensive one is.
>>
>>1285529
The experience is fun one single time if you're a normal person, its an odd experience that even a normal Japanese person can appreciate the weirdness of it all.

The real draw though is weird guys that like their women to be submissive and also think their too good for hostess/girls bars because those women aren't "pure". The experience in all of them is essentially the same, its a woman pretending to be interested in you no matter what. Theres people in the US who do a similar thing at strip clubs except those guys drop way more money for a lil nudity.
>>
Question please.
I'm thinking of renting electric bicycle in kawaguchi lake to tour the area, but I didn't see any bicycle parking spot anywhere in there unlike big cities.
What should I do with the bike if i want to take a stop for a while and walk a bit ? Is it ok to leave it in roadside or maybe put it somewhere near car park or what ?
>>
I'm leaving in a week and gonna spend half of August in the Tokyo area. I've worked out a basic list of things I wanna do but I feel like I'm going to hit them all in like a week at most. Any advice on just chill things to do and take up my time that I might have missed or lesser known things I just look out for?
>>
I just had a heartbreaking experience with a prostitute in kabukicho. Has anyone else felt terribly sad after seeing a provider like that? The service was fine, good even, but seeing her conditions and way things worked made me feel awful.
>>
>>1285529
I tried out @home when I was wasting time in Akiba last spring. Went with some friends so I could make a proper fool out of myself by fucking up all the magic. I'm not sure if see the appeal in going by myself, but it was fun interacting with the maids by just being the most simple-minded american I could be.
>>
>>1285566
expand on this please anon. I'm curious to know more.
>>
>>1285566

Did you think life as a prostitute was gumdrops and rainbows or something?
>>
>>1285574
>>1285581
I'm certainly not naive enought to think that being a prostitute was a particularly desireable occupation, but seeing it in person was entirely different deal. I'm early 20s, so younger than the girl, and just barely attractive and white enough that I can usually just pick up trashy girls in roppongi. I decided to go to a fashion health known for accepting foreigners because I was curious what a professional blowjob and sumatta felt like. I got there at 9 this morning, and of the 7 girls there the tencho showed me the only one who took foreigners. She seemed sweet, but as soon as she took me back to her dingy room I knew this whole thing was a bad idea. It was this tiny cramped thing with barely enough room for a shower and weird raised bed deal. The entire space exuded human misery. She was covered in tattoos and her whole manner just seemed like she had done too many things to too many men. She smiled and played along mostly, but it all made me feel nauseous. I kissed her on the cheek at one point and she freaked out and started rubbing her face vigorously with tissues. She gave a very good blowjob, and sumatta was pretty cool, but i cant stop thinking of how sad it is being in that awful room for so much time. I guess it was just so professional and distant and I can't stop thinking about her. Am I just a baby? Is whore mongering not for me? Or is this just the shape of paying for sex acts?
>>
>>1285605
>of the 7 girls there the tencho showed me the only one who took foreigners.
So you didn't really get a choice to pick? It was only 1 girl for foreigner in the first place?.
You're a baby. Probably too emotionally attached and wanting to save her. That's just how it is. You can't save them all.
>>
Staying in Tokyo for 3 weeks at the end of this month. It'll be my first trip tp Japan. Any tips you'd like to give a first timer? I'm going solo, and after some time spent exploring, I'm sure I'd like to meet some locals and fellow travellers for drinks and karaoke or whatever. What's the best place for that?

Also if any of you guys are in Tokyo late aug - early/mid Sept hit me up
>>
>>1285607
Yeah, I guess I am just a baby then. It's funny, I have absolutely no problem fucking girls and never responding to their lines again. This felt much worse though, even though I was as nice to her as possible. I guess it's back to taking advantage of drunk girls for me then.
>>
>>1285610
How do you usually hit on drunk girls in Tokyo? What if you only speak rudimentary Japanese? What are your experiences, is it worth the effort?
>>
>>1285529
Only retarded manchildren like that
>>
>>1285605
>going to a brothel at 9 in the morning
>kissing protitutes
You're just a piece of shit, and you actually saw what you really were by paying for sex with this girl you didn't even choose.
>>
File: illust_46855542_20170703_080634.jpg (127KB, 400x541px) Image search: [Google]
illust_46855542_20170703_080634.jpg
127KB, 400x541px
Any weeb places in Osaka apart from denden town?
>>
>>1285612
You bumble some shitty Japanese out and they laugh and then you pray they can speak english, otherwise do what you do in the rest of Japan to communicate, use hand gestures and grunt.
>>
>>1285435
Stay in Osaka and take a quick train ride up to Kyoto.
>>
>>1285435
Kyoto fucking sucks, it's a day trip at best from Osaka. Going to get so much hate from this board for saying it but I cannot stress that enough, Kyoto sucks unless you are old, a chinese tourist, or an old chinese tourist.
>>
>>1285671

I have to agree with you. I was in Japan last week and Kyoto is kinda boring so I only stayed a day there
>>
Any suggestions for a bar or club for hooking up with the locals in roppongi? There's probably a lot but anyone have any specific suggestions or experience s?
>>
>tfw Asian aus and no chance with JP girls

At least I'm not a manlet
>>
I moved to Japan three weeks ago and while there's a lot of culture shock I'm experiencing, the worst is the culture of formality and politeness. I always loathed that stuff back in the USA, particularly within work environments, where the difference is most evident in Japan. It's driving me sorta nuts here but I gotta get used to it because I'm here for another 49 weeks.
>>
>>1285721
to add, I'm in Kyoto where I think the culture of formality and tatemae is more severe than say Osaka or something
>>
>>1285721
>doesn't care for workplace formality
>moves to japan for a year

are you stupid?
>>
>>1285671
>t. can't live without clubbing every night
>>
>>1285713
>tfw chinese american and manlet.
Will I still be able to magically be with a JP girl? /trv/
>>
>>1285605
How much did you pay and for how long? Sounds like you got into a rather low-class establishment.
>>
>>1285382
I teach junior high school. It is very comfy and the pay is great.
>>
>>1285608

I'll be there from the 16th to the 30th this month. When are you gonna be there in August?
>>
Japan is nice, Japanese people are nice, but Japan General is shit and foreign people who love Japan are shitx2

Have a nice day
>>
>>1285810
Agreed.
>>
>>1285612
You just approach girls in clubs until you find one who's receptive to you. Sometimes you even get lucky and they speak English. It's pretty fun taking them back to a hotel that same night, and I don't feel like I dirtied my soul afterwards either.

>>1285618
Guess you got me on the paying for sex part. Maybe I should have spat in this girls face to let her know shes human garbage for being a sex worker too.

>>1285770
It was 13000 for 50 minutes, is that terribly cheap?
>>
>>1285605
You should kill yourself. Not for what you've done, of course, but for the fact you're telling it and especially for the way you're telling it.
>>
Anyone who's done the Fuji climb have any advice for shoes/comfort in general?
>>
>>1284722
Define cheap, I've made it from around 1200 USD for 15 days. Additional 600 for 2 week JR pass and 600 for airplane tickets. All together 2500-ish. Had 711 sammiches and coffee for breakfast, rice balls and tea for lunch and something hot for dinner (ramen, udon, okonomiyaki, etc). Slept in hostels except a night in Koyasan, that was expensive as fuck.

>>1284899
It is on the lower side I'd say but maybe managable. I had a 55 one (40l main and a detachable 15l) and I had plenty of space left. Had a week worth of clothes (socks, underwear and shirts) a spare pair of jeans, a polar jacket, a pair of shoes and my soft shell jacket). Depending on the weather you may need more or less.

>>1285082
How old are you? I mean you should probably go alone if he isn't thrilled. You could do whatever the hell you want and check whatever you want. Japan is probably the safest country to travel alone so just go for it, it will be a blast. If you go together I'd say Kyoto is okay, but full of SEA tourists (the most annoying bunch of people) and you could sidetrip to Nara or Koyasan for eg.

>>1285511
You don't need a translator. With very basic words you can easily get by (thanks, hi, please, sorry, etc). In the city they will likely to speak some english as well, on the countryside it's less common but I did manage to talk to two older dudes in a hostel to my surprise, body language and some basics are enough.

>>1285608
Google some itineraries and start cutting out stuff you don't like and add things you do. A general "3 weeks itinereray tokyo/japan" google search should set you on a path.
>>
>>1285860
I haven't been on the Fuji, but I did take the tateyama kurobe alpine route. I bought a pair of solomon eskape gtx shoes and damn I love them, there are basically shoes for city/road type of exporing and dirt hiking shoes, the bottom is harder or softer depending on it. Make sure to buy a very comortable pair as it will make or break your trip easily, just go to a hiking/backpacking/mountaineering shop and ask them, they will help a lot. Also cosider buying a good soft shell jacket with detachable polar inside if you haven't got one, it may be hot on the lower parts but can get chilly at the top. You want to dress layered.
>>
>>1285860
When are you going to do it?
>>
>>1285868

End of this month.
>>
>>1285871
You alone?
>>
Heading to Tokyo for two weeks at the months end. I haven't ever been to any non English speaking regions before so I'm kind of nervous. My Jr pass won't cover me on in city travel, right (heard subways lines were owned by private companies and not jr). Also how easy is it to get lost on the subway system, looked clean but also a tad bit complicated from the videos I've seen
>>
>>1285878
It does partially, a lot of JR lines pass through tokyo and some other cities, you can use them to get as close as possible and walk a bit to your destination. Or just walk around.
>>
File: 1499522097997.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499522097997.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
Is it possible to dirty kid in japan, as in sort of just bike around, take transit, see around, without any sort of designated place to stay camping out and just being comfy and seeing where the wanderlust takes you?
>>
>>1285807
Arriving at the 29th. Getting settled in and used to shit will probably take me a while. I mean we could super rush it and meet up on the 30th, but I think that would be quite stressful. I'm down if you are tho.
>>
File: 1381066622236.jpg (24KB, 292x370px) Image search: [Google]
1381066622236.jpg
24KB, 292x370px
Alright fellas I have a question for you guys. My plane touches down at 22:45 tokyo local time. I'm arriving at Haneda airport. Taking into account customs, immigration, getting my luggage etc. Is it possible for me to catch the late trains into tokyo and haul ass to Tokaido station in Suginami?

Keep in mind it's my first time in Japan, so I have 0 experience with the subway/metro/whateverthefck
>>
>>1285884
No, it isn't.

But obviously you'll keep saying Japan is the best country in the world, right memeboi?
>>
>>1285608
I also in Tokyo between 2nd to 13th September. First trip to Japan too so I might be up for drinks or whatever really. I'll keep an eye on the thread if a couple of us want to plan anything.
>>
>>1285608
Are you M or F?
>>
>>1285875

Yup. 2 weeks.
>>
>>1285878

What dates you goin, anon? I'll be down there around that time as well. Could help get adjusted.
>>
>>1285907
M 25

>>1285904
Sure thing mang. Seems like we have quite a few people ITT who are in Tokyo at the time, many first timers like myself too, it seems. Really wanna shoot the shit with you guys, have some drinks, karaoke or whatevs. Using this thread to contact each other is the most convenient way, I think.
>>
>>1285878
Just use the Hyperdia app and follow the signs for the line you need, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1285859
You're prolly right too. This thread isn't my blog, but im certainly not about to talk to people I actually know about this. Forgive me
>>
Can someone give me a good rundown on Okinawa? Me and my wife are going to be relocating to there come December for a few years (milfag) and we would like to spend as little time hanging around the bases as much as possible.
>>
>>1285747
it's a job my guy, I'm not about to commit suicide over here
>>
How fast is the Tmobile roaming? Im not trying to be stuck on my phone waiting for shit to load..

Should I just get a pocket wifi? If I do end up getting the pocket wifi, do I HAVE to preorder or can I just go to any desk at the airport and pick one up?
>>
>>1285959

I was in the T Mobile store today actually asking about it and she said as soon as you step foot in Japan it should latch onto the nearest provider as if you were using a Japanese phone on a Japanese carrier. So theoretically until you hit that 2 gig limit I would think things should run normally.
>>
Must have apps for a first-timer in Japan/Tokyo?
>>
>>1285861
>SEA tourists
What's that?
>>
>>1285966
Get one that has the train schedule, its really helpful to know when your last train is so you don't get stuck out.
>>
>>1285987
South-East Asian, mostly the chinese and koreans.
>>
>>1285989
Thanks
>>
>>1285966
Google translate and Google maps.
>>
>>1285966
Hyperdia
>>
>>1285562
Seconding this. What's the deal with rental bikes in non-urban areas?
>>
>>1285851
>It was 13000 for 50 minutes, is that terribly cheap?

For the length of time, maybe. Low-end in the states tends to be between $100-$200 for 30 minutes.
>>
>>1285860
>>1285867
I can vouch for Salomons. These ones in particular are excellent: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KWK2IY4/

But try to buy in-store so you can try them out. Different brands have different fits so something else might feel better for you. If you're doing the Fuji climb alone I assume you're already experienced with this.
>>
>>1285851

The Yakuza don't take lightly to tourist getting aggressive with the girls
>>
>>1286040
You're telling me the big bad crime syndicate has nothing better to do than to keep tourists from hitting on grills?
>>
>>1286043
He means the prostitute. I can guaran-fucking-tee you that for 13k, you weren't fucking a girl who was willingly working in the sex industry; One way or another, she got into it and is now owned by the yakuza.

(You're human garbage.)
>>
File: 1499226552387.jpg (94KB, 632x629px) Image search: [Google]
1499226552387.jpg
94KB, 632x629px
>>1286043

Jesus you're actually being serious?

The girls are merchandise, and the gentlemen are asset protection you mungo
>>
>>1286051
>>1286046
I'm not talking about prostitution. Look at the first post he replied to
>>
>>1285934
I forgive you
>>
>>1285891
It'll take a full hour before you're finally done and standing in the arrivals hall. After that you still have to figure out the train tickets. Just check out Hyperdia and figure out if there are any trains left to catch. It ain't that difficult. Good luck. Worst case scenario you'll have to wait a few hours at the airport before the earliest train of the next day arrives.
>>
>>1285884
Yes, of course it is. It's not even that difficult to find a secluded spot to set up camp for the night even in the middle of a large city. Just keep your passport and plane tickets on you at all times to show the cops when they inevitably pull you aside. As long as you can prove that you have plans to actually leave, they'll let you off.
>>
The go to way of meeting people if travelling alone? Hostels? Friend bailed out and i still want to go. Thinking 3 weeks in late sept.
>>
I'm going to Tokyo in October for 10 days. I have no accommodation yet, at first I thought about staying at a hotel for the first few nights and then checking out hostels/airbnbs etc. but right now I'm thinking staying at a hotel would be the easiest option considering my luggage etc. so any recommendations for good, preferably cheap, hotels in Tokyo? Doesn't have to be in the center of everything but it would be nice if it was near a train station or something. I'm a bit anxious as I bought the tickets in June but have yet to really map out/plan my trip. Well, I have another two months to figure this shit out.
>>
File: 1433251027223.jpg (26KB, 166x247px) Image search: [Google]
1433251027223.jpg
26KB, 166x247px
>booked to go to Japan the 21th of august
>NK starts talking about sending nukes to guam that'll pass over Japan

I'm scared guys should I cancel?
>>
>>1286211
This must be the weekly NK threat, enjoy your trip, you will be fine.
>>
>>1286192
Have you been to Japan before? You'll want to plan as much of your trip in advance as possible, can't emphasise that enough. If you go to Tokyo without a decent itinerary and maps (and preferably a decent grasp of some useful phrases), you'll spend most of your time trying to figure out where the hell you are and where to go next.

As for the hotel... Via Inn is a good hotel chain, they have relatively affordable prices and the beds have been great when I've been there. Most Via Inn hotels are situated quite conveniently to public transport/local attractions.

Do yourself a big favour and start planning your routes and itinerary now, and maybe pick up a phrasebook so that you can learn the basics. Most Japanese either don't know enough English to help you find your way, or will flat-out refuse to talk to you in English even if they know some.

>>1286211
Don't be a lil bitch, if a nuke goes off then the whole world is fucked anyway.
>>
>>1286192

I'm going next week and still only have a basic outline of what I want to do if it makes you feel better
>>
A lot of my friends have been going to Japan recently but they've all been sticking to Honshu. I've been wanting to go for a long time but would hate to feel like I'm just playing catch up.

How do Okinawa and Hokkaido compare?
>>
>>1286211
>21th of august
thats my birthday, anon
>>
File: IMG_20170201_155936.jpg (5MB, 2736x4864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170201_155936.jpg
5MB, 2736x4864px
Don't stay in capsule hotel,
Fucking disgusting,
You can hear japs constantly farting and fapping to porn
I stayed at one in Ebisu ,
The only place i could afford
Japan is fucking expencive
Fat guy eating ramen in his underwear at night in the bathroom
>>
>>1286211

Stop being a bitch, you'll get to experience the worst part of our planet's history and have something to tell your grandkids one day
>>
So I'm spending two weeks in Tokyo during early September. I've already booked a couple days hostel for when I arrive in Asakusa and when I leave in Narita Village.

Should I book hostels for the middle of my trip as well or just find them last minute when I'm travelling?

I'm planning to jump around between Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, Tsujki and want to give flexibility depending on how long I want to explore each area. So I thought booking hostels early would restrict my freedom.

My only concern is whether hostels would be booked full and I have nowhere to sleep, although I'm fine with the occasional manga cafe or whatever.
>>
>>1286242
Cry more.
>>
>>1286243
I won't be able to have any grandchildren if I'm dead now will I?
>>
I'm planning a 2020 trip to Japan to absorb some Olympic culture, anyone else going?
>>
I'm going to Japan in 2019 for the rugby World Cup. Do jap girls like English blokes?
>>
>>1286257

Are you in Guam?

No.

Is it fair to be concerned the land of anime and JAV is in proximity danger from peach man's nutsack sized brain?

Yes.
>>
Is it better to sleep at several hostels depending on which district in Tokyo (Akihabara, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akasuka, Ueno, etc) you're in or just have one hostel as a homebase and take the train everywhere else?
>>
>>1286242
>Fat guy eating ramen in his underwear at night in the bathroom
At least the bathroom had a mirror.
>>
Is bringing a gift for your hostel/airbnb an expected thing to do? I don't know what to bring or if it would be awkward giving her something dumb from the US.
>>
>>1286211
You're a living meme and I hope they drop the nukes just because so you'll die
>>
>>1286324
also curious to know this, had no idea.
>>
>>1286324
You're retarded
>>
Which city is best if I want to pay an escort to dress up as a touhou and fuck silly.
>>
>>1286365
Tokyo, but good luck with FS
>>
File: 1203151631a.jpg (193KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
1203151631a.jpg
193KB, 1753x986px
>>1286242
>stay in capsule motel in tokyo
>everyone is polite
>very quite at night besides the occasional person getting in and out of their capsule
>it was bigger than I expected
>comfy and private

Only complaint is it seemed like the elevator could barely lift more than 2 people at a time.
>>
Comiket starts today. Is picking up cosplay girls a thing there?
>>
Please help me decide.
Lake Kawaguchi
Lake Yamanaka
Lake Ashi / Mt. Hakone
>>
>>1286397
Is it really hot inside or is there air conditioning?
>>
>>1286420
Not him, but I got pretty toasty inside mine. I actually just slept there in my underwear with no blankets. It felt fine but when you pulled your cover closed it got hot as fuck.
>>
>>1286420
Good question. I went in the fall so I didn't notice or worry about it.
The room was air conditioned but the capsule was not. I can see that being an issue in the summer.
>>
>>1284744
Japan is one of the few places that weed has never grown naturally in the wild so they are behind in terms of quality and quantity.
>>
>>1286324

Nigga what the fuck, how autistic are you? Would you give a gift to the receptionist at a hotel?
>>
What do Westerners think of a Japanese person on an individual level? For example, when I see an African or Latino I barely think of them as a person at all, when I see an American, French or German I think they're very big soul persons, and when I see Scandinavian or Russia I see them as very special. Is this feeling a kind of thing for foreigners? If yes how do you feel about Japanese on an individual level? My understanding is that you see us as a big mass of blob "souless chinks" more of a whole country full of people than several individuals. Is this correct? Apologies if this is a very stupid question.
>>
>>1286436
Highly illegal. Mere posession can carry a prison term

Please dont sponsor crime in one of the lasr safe countries on the planet. You are justifying racism against blacks by doing this.
>>
>>1286436
I hope they stay that way. The stuff smells like shit. Get your fix elsewhere.
>>
>>1286479
I did smell some weed yesterday near our office building. Since it's highly unlikely that any salaryman would get stoned lunch-time, I bet it was one of these druggy fucks. Why can't they just contain their shitty addiction? Or just stay the fuck away from 溜池山王
>>
>>1286461
I'm assuming that you are Japanese? I feel like the entire concept that you're talking about is.. Strange.
To think of someone on an individual level, you can't say "I think all of these people are like this." because that isn't what individual means.

Do you mean "What do Westerners think of Japanese culture" or "What impression do Westerners have of Japanese people as a group" ?

I find Japanese culture pretty interesting because a lot of really basic, day-to-day stuff has bases in Shinto tradition and it's one of the more respectful religions. I'm more likely to assume that a Japanese person is compassionate over, say, a Chinese or American person.

On the flipside, I definitely view mainland China as 'a big mass of soulless chinks' because their societal culture definitely has that ant colony mentality going on, and you see less individual personality at a glance.
>>
File: 1437307034825.jpg (256KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1437307034825.jpg
256KB, 720x480px
You always hear great stories about dudes visiting small bars and making buddies with local salarymen due to the novelty factor; Whether they're traveling alone or in groups.

Is this possible as a woman, or will you get straight-up ignored?

On the flipside, is there anywhere to go specifically to meet local women and just hang out? I heard about some girls-only fashion clubs/cafes, but haven't been able to find much about them.

My friends have all had a great time with the locals at ski resorts/bars/arcades, but they were always traveling in groups of men. I'm going by myself for 3 weeks.
>>
>>1286461
>>1286485
My personal opinion.
It's because westerner were raised as an individual. Each person is treated as special and unique, which results in greater empathy and ego.
Meanwhile oriental were raised to be part of society, you are special if you can stand at the top of an established society.
>>
>>1286332
>>1286457

Are YOU two retarded? You fags lurk a Japanese travel thread and don't know about omiyage?
>>
>>1286308
I'm going the homebase method and keeping a hostel bed reserved in Asakusa while exploring the rest of the city by day. If I have to book a different hostel in a different ward for a single night for whatever reason, leaving my Asakusa bed empty, I'm fine with that. I might end up abandoning it altogether towards the second half of my trip when I want to do some sightseeing in different cities, but knowing I have a place to return to if needed (and a place to keep my luggage) clears my anxiety.
>>
>>1286461
>souless chinks

I prefer the term "ant people" but you're not far off.

>>1286406
yeah there's a whole genre of jav dedicated to it
i'm pretty sure it's real
totally
>>
>>1286192
I'm going in October too, I haven't decided my hotel but I'll probably use one of the APA hotel chains.
Try googling this for example : APA Hotel TKP Nippori Ekimae
>>
>>1286461
Even though Japan is a collectivist society as opposed to individualistic society, when I meet Japanese people I keep an open-mind and try to determine their personality after the obligatory keigo. Everyone is different. You all have different likes and dislikes. But I'll admit, when I get to know people on a personal level as friends or if I'm stupid enough to date a Japanese, I notice that people revert back to the societal norm. There isn't a deep interest in music, personal fashion style, or thinking for yourself. It seems like so many people fall back on doing what they're expected to do instead of thinking what is best for themselves.

>>1286492
People will probably be a little scared of you at first, but once they realize you are alone they'll talk to you. If you are attractive men won't be interested in being buddies though. What type of fashion are you interested in? Women can be hit or miss in the friendly department. I've found the friendly ones take me on some crazy adventures, so be careful.
>>
>>1286506
I'm going in October as well. How much is your Hotel? I'm planning on getting one of the sharehouse private room airbnb $500/month or $21/night
>>
>>1286516
My choice is kinda expensive, but they're damn close to station and have private bathroom.

APA Hotel TKP Nippori
アパホテル〈TKP日暮里駅前〉
This is $60 per night

Pearl Hotel Ryogoku
パールホテル両国
This one is $45 per night
>>
>>1285171
also Beep, but you'll probably find alot of neat stuff you can't use
>>
>>1286492
Go to lesbian bars in Ni-Chome, like Goldfinger. If there happen to be any girls hitting on you, just tell 'em you're not interested. They'll still be friendly with you.
>>
https://vimeo.com/154141683

The tears are back.
>>
>>1286222
Not that anon, but how accurate is Google maps when it comes to the stations in Tokyo?
Would I be safe using that to plot out my trip?
I'm only going to be in Tokyo for 2 days, so I guess I only need to know how to get to Akihabra, Shinjuku, and Shinkiba from my hotel, shouldn't be too hard... right?
>>
If I decide to buy way too much shit in Japan (particularly fabric,) is it possible for me to ship them back to Australia without having a Japanese address?
>>
>>1286590
It's accurate enough. But if you want to be extra sure you can also check Hyperdia.

>>1286591
Yes, the only downside will be that in any case of unfortunate events they won't be able to ship it back to the return address (Japanese address). But I guess that is not applicable to your case. You should be fine.
>>
>>1285565
The yumenoshima tropical greenhouse dome was a cool way to kill an afternoon (maybe less exciting in summer, as it's warm inside), and the koishikawa botanical garden is perhaps my favorite place in tokyo.
>>
Is it worth going to the Robot Restaurant alone or not?
>>
Is there a good guide on akihabara? Just looking to pickup some figurines
>>
>>1286602
I'd argue yes and I haven't even been. When are you looking to go?
>>
>>1286242
You got the true japanese experience. Savor it.

>>1286321
Savage.
>>
>>1286607
This tuesday, literally one click away from booking a reservation.
>>
>>1286605
Big building accross the one with the anime war girls, has seven floors or something like that. Also I think I saw some in Don Quixote, I'm not really into that sort of stuff but they're pretty hard to miss, you'll find them in no time once in Akihabara.
>>
>>1286618
Naw, I'm going in October. If you go to Voyagin, they have 45% off tickets.
>>
I come from a friendly country and small talk/asking people how they are is in my blood. I'm going to Tokyo with people who have already been, and one of my friends told me a nice story of an old man stopping to let them pet his adorable dog. I understand that people in a big city are private and quiet, and it's not like I'm going to spark up conversation with people on the train or busy cashiers, but let's say this scenario happens again. Would it be weird to ask the nice old man how he is? It only seems fair if he's doing something nice for foreign strangers.
>>
>>1286500

Its airbnb you turboautist. Youre paying someone for a room to stay in. Theyre not your friend inviting you into their home. Youre paying for a service.
>>
>>1286630

Christ almighty. Yes. If you have an interaction, its OK to make small talk. Theyre fucking strangers, why the fuck do you care how they react?

The people that come to this country have got to be the most autistic faggots in the world.
>>
>>1286635
My friends warned me about a big culture shock so I was just making sure. None of them know much of the language despite going multiple times, so I can't ask them about small talk since they're incapable of it. Plus my friend managed to terrify a little Japanese lady when he went last time, better to check on social things to avoid doing the same.
>>
May I have some recommendation for place to visit at night near tokyo (not bar or any other night life stuff)
I already prepared my itinerary for day time, but I have no idea about places for night time.
>>
How high is the probability I will get nuked by best corea when I travel to Tokyo for 3 weeks later this month?
>>
>>1286651
Next to none. Even them sinking a South Korean submarine and shelling an island of theirs wasn't enough to start a war in 2010.
>>
Do you guys know any pocket wifi rentals where its possible to pay by cash on arrival?
>>
So. First time poster in this board. I am curious to know about the garyu culture. Do any of you have any experiences with them? Stories to tell? Picking up any?

I don't intend on traveling anytime soon but with the talk of certain pleasures of the flesh I couldn't help but get curious about what it's like in real life should any of you be privvy to it. I've ended up reading stories/hentai with these kinds of characters so please excuse my ignorance. Just curious is all.
>>
>>1286733

How many fedora do you own
>>
>>1286739

None
>>
File: Boss.jpg (1MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Boss.jpg
1MB, 1840x3264px
>>1286677

I have a similar question. I'll be staying in Japan for 4+ months and I need to get internet.

How much do these portable wifi things cost per month?

Alternatively, I could take my Huawei 4g stick with me, buy a local sim for it and my phone.

I wonder which option is more economical?
>>
>>1286733

You need to speak 日本語 fairly well for that shit. Otherwise, go for the gaijin hunters.
>>
Are those sites that claim to enroll you into a Japanese language school in Japan legit? Some even claim to help you in the visa process for long term courses (3+ months) and finding accommodation.
Prices varies a lot so I don't know if the schools are shoddy, if the accommodation is a slum or what.

Anyone can share any experience?
>>
>>1286795
I'm actually in the process of doing that right now. It seemed a bit sketchy at first but my student visa is almost done being processed and I'll be leaving in October. The process started in February. Ask anything you want to know.
>>
>>1286762

Thanks, I was just wondering if anyone here had any previous experiences with them or the like.

If I can ask though, why are they called Gaijin Hunters? They looking to take advantage of foreigners?
>>
Leaving next week for my trip to Tokyo. Made a Google Map Doc for everything I plan on doing. I'm probably gonna keep adding to it but I figured I'd post it for anybody else going soon who might need some ideas.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tFAwHRT8RAkvp-rNyEEmPjJGV0c&usp=sharing
>>
>>1286906
Thanks. I will definitely be using it when I go
>>
>>1284942
There are so many goddamn people alive
>>
>>1286906
Some of your itinerary is the same with me.
Can you elaborate more about kamakura. I want to estimate the amount of time I'll spent there since I'm afraid it doesn't have enough spot of interest.

Also since you added lot of garden and park, do you have any idea whether Musashi Kyuryo is a good spot or not ? I'm thinking of going there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcOFzi7pbXI
>>
>>1286918

Not too familiar with Musashi Kyuryo but it seems huge and I think there's a cool novelty in seeing the first national park in Japan. I kinda wanna see it now thought it's a bit out of the way of my itinerary. As for Kamakura evven though it's small I think there's a lot to do and it's another thing with history to make it worth spending the day. I think it depends what you're into though. I'm very into the historic sight seeing and the like. But I've had friends who are almost strictly otaku and spent all their time in Akihabara, Harajuku and Shinjuku. If you think you'd get bored just seeing a bunch of old flowers, graves, statues and shrines maybe skip it.
>>
>>1286921
My interest is nature.I want to go to that small island in bottom left kamakura, but I don't have any idea about other good spot in there.
>>
File: yokohama[1].jpg (389KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
yokohama[1].jpg
389KB, 1600x900px
>>1286923

I think Kamakura, Misaki Town and Jogashima Island are enough to occupy the day. Then you can hit Yokohama on the way back at night.
>>
>>1286924
I'll study more about those first I guess, thanks.
Also here's another garden/park that might interest you.
http://en.hitachikaihin.jp/guidemap.html
>>
>>1285802
I'd fly over Asia. Should be cheap as shit. And if you're good with Japanese, you can visit all types of small places in country over the weekend
>>
>>1285860
I don't think there's much to it. You could go up in good pair of running shoes and be fine. Buy the stick for stability though, and bring some 100 yen come if they wanna charge you for the toilets (haven't been up in years tho). A backpack with some fluids and simple snacks will do.

I'd just be sure to go with a good group. I went up with a shitty one and didn't have much time to enjoy it
>>
>>1285942
Seeing as the island is one big base, impossible.
>>
>>1285993
>>1285993
>>1285993
>>1285993
>>1285993
>>
>>1285942
I just got back from a four-day trip. It was great. We ended up going to:

>Shuri-jo Castle
Kind of a must-see for Okinawa. Historical and cultural point.
>American Village
Lots of shopping, restaurants, and cafes.
>Churaumi Aquarium and the surrounding facilities
Whale sharks, botanical gardens, etc.
>International Street (Kokusai Doori)
Good for shopping and slightly expensive dining.
>Senaga Island
A slightly Mediterranean vibe - a hotel, shopping, dining, etc. Nice for a day out.

Beach-wise, we visited:
>Tropical Beach
Warm waters with tropical fish right nearby.
>Araha Beach
More geared toward Westerners - not as much of a tropical feel.
>Sunset Beach
Also more of a Western feel, but the view at sundown was lovely.
>Emerald Beach
Shallow but comfortable water temperature. Fairly clear water.
>Bise Point
Shallow but great for snorkeling (most beaches don't allow snorkeling). Tons of coral and fish.

There is also an abundance of snorkeling and scuba diving tours, marine sport rentals, etc. Other things we considered were Okinawa World (where you can experience Okinawan traditional culture), Yanbaru Forest (nature trails), and Pineapple Land (a pineapple factory/theme park). There's plenty more to do, though. Lots to enjoy.

It's not too expensive and while it is hot and humid, there aren't too many bugs to worry about. I have heard that the cockroaches are huge, though, and you might have trouble with lizards getting into your air conditioner and breaking it.
>>
>>1286936

I'm probably going alone. I'm a social person so if I see any other English speakers I might make friends but the plan is to tackle it solo. And yeah I decided to just go with some chucks. I can't stand large drop offs from heel to toe, I need flat feet to be comfortable. Got a headlamp, thermal and a jacket. For sure gonna pick up some gloves and the stick and I think I'll be good. Thanks for the advice.
>>
Me and my girlfriend are going to Japan for 1 week.

We honestly have no idea what to do there, where are the best places to go in 1 week to get an overall feel for the country?

My only knowledge of Japan is historical, my modern day knowledge sucks, and we don't speak Japanese.

Also my girlfriend is Chinese, will that result in any problems?
>>
>>1286461
>when I see Scandinavian or Russia I see them as very special

Lmao. You're worshiping the scum of Europe. Anglo or bust, my dude.
>>
Going to tokyo/kyoto/osaka from the 28th december to 11 jan. Is there any general places of interest that i should look out for?
>>
>>1286973

What kind of answer do you want without any kind of specifics to work off of.

>Going to a new country
>One of the place I'm going is the biggest city in the world
>What do?
>>
>>1286944
There are a zillion Chinese tourists in Japan on any given day. She's fine.
>>
>>1286842
Nice.
How's the process itself?
The ones I saw said that most people are approved for enrollment in the schools (as pretty much all accept students with 0 knowledge of Japanese).
Do you pay all in advance, how much does the site charges and how are you charged (credit card, deposit, etc)? And how's the process to find a place to stay? Do they send you pictures of the place or something?
>>
What kind of id is accepted in clubs/bars. Does it have to be a passport or do they accept foreign drivers licenses etc?
>>
File: 1493021941628.jpg (20KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1493021941628.jpg
20KB, 500x374px
>>1286988
Keep in mind I'm super fucking poor, as in, I can't spend any money on anything aside from bare necessities or else I wouldn't be able to go.
>How's the process itself?
Very straight forward, I'm in the US so keep that in mind for the info that I give you. For the program I went through there was an initial interview with their office in the states, it was just an informal skype interview with this older Japanese woman that consisted of the requirements for the course and what not, plus why I wanted to study over there. She was super down to earth and really fun to talk to. After that I had another informal interview with the office in Tokyo, basically the same stuff I talked about with the other lady. After that they find a school that works with their quota and placement requirements and let you know which city and school you will be staying in, I got placed in Nagoya in a small neighborhood outside of the main city center. After that the paperwork started, as of right now I've sent and filed over 30 documents for the visa, school, and dormitory and I just had to send in my resume for them to submit to the employers that they work with. Once your visa is granted you go to the closest consulate and get your passport stamped. Once that is done they grant the COE (certificate of eligibility) and you pay for the first months rent, first month for the school, and filing costs (around 240,000 yen). Then you book a plane ticket and your in anime land for an extended stay on a visa that can last a couple years.
>The ones I saw said that most people are approved for enrollment in the schools (as pretty much all accept students with 0 knowledge of Japanese).
This is the case with the company that I went through. The point of the school is for them to help you integrate into Japanese society by teaching you the language (up to business level), helping you pass the JLPT tests and getting you a job that will help you become an actual member of their society.
Cont.
>>
File: 1494699175809.jpg (168KB, 636x478px) Image search: [Google]
1494699175809.jpg
168KB, 636x478px
>>1287124
cont.
>Do you pay all in advance, how much does the site charges and how are you charged (credit card, deposit, etc)?
So for the program I went through they do deposits (international wire transfers), It's not to painful of an ordeal but the process goes: pay deposit of 50,00 yen to show you aren't going to bail on the process, pay the 240,000 yen for first months rent, first month for the school, processing fees, and other half of deposit, then you just have to buy your plane ticket. The $1000 USD deposit is basically your emergency fund. If you have to go back to your country because you can't participate any more, if you have a medical emergency, or any other random thing you don't have the money for they use that deposit so you don't fuck yourself over while you are there.
>And how's the process to find a place to stay? Do they send you pictures of the place or something?
They have you stay in one of their sponsored dorms. The specifics are somewhat up in the air until you are granted your COE but basically you stay in a dorm that is close to the school in the city that they place you in.
I probably didn't answer your questions as well as I could have (I'm very hungover) so if there 's any other info you need feel free to ask!
>>
>>1287124

How are you even affording rent if you're super poor
>>
I thought I heard one time that older japanese men like hanging with the younger guys at bars and the like. Is this true?
>>
Is Nagano worth the 12,000 yen round trip from Saitama?

Seems like a lot of people go there but doesn't seem like there's really much to do. There's like one shrine, olympic grounds stuff, and you can see monkeys in hot springs during the winter I guess.
>>
>>1286485
>I'm more likely to assume that a Japanese person is compassionate over, say, a Chinese or American person.
You haven't been very long
>>
>>1287150
Thankfully I have a really amazing friend that is letting me stay at his place for free until I move, if that wasn't the case then I wouldn't be able to go.
>>
>>1287159

That's pretty awesome. Hope you have a good time, anon. These opportunities are once in a lifetime. I'm trying to study abroad in Kyoto next Spring through my University.
>>
>>1285082

I don't have anything to compare it to because I'm a cheap fag, but the Tokyo Conrad was pretty fucking impressive to me.

My brother managed to score some ridiculous deal for cheap which is the only reason we got inside the place.
>>
>>1287124
>>1287129
Nice.
I'm not in the US so the process may actually be a bit different for me.
Just a few follow up questions.

How much do you think your resume affected, if at all, the process?
And I'd suspect it's obviously yes but do they offer the possibility of doing a proficiency test or accepting previous JLPT certificates to allow you to start at a higher level?
And this may be a bit hard for you to answer as you still haven't started the program but how much does the company that you're going with will support you there?
One company I saw offered schools that claimed to help you find part time or even full time jobs but it's not clear if this is a joint effort, just the school's service or what, nor what kind of jobs, if just low paying MacD/factory assembly line stuff or something more decent at least related to your area of study if you have a degree (which is my case).

Thanks for taking your time to answer and hope you have a blast there anon!
>>
>>1286944

It's not like they can tell what nationality your girlfriend is unless she starts spewing Chinese or anything
>>
Possibly dumb question, but are there like public drinking fountains or just general places to refill my water bottle around Tokyo?
>>
File: 1500750978239.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500750978239.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
>>1287165
Thanks alot man! I hope your able to go next spring!
>>1287172
>I'm not in the US so the process may actually be a bit different for me.
From what they've told me, if you aren't in the US but from another 'first world country' the process is pretty painless. The process for me was just a lot of paperwork. If your from say, somewhere in South America or another 'less recognized country' the process can take a bit longer. If your situation is the latter they will most likely have you submit a lot of financial paperwork as proof that you have the means to participate and can actually go, it's more for visa requirements but also peace of mind on their end.
>How much do you think your resume affected, if at all, the process?
This is an interesting one, from my understanding they just want to make sure you graduated highschool (no problem for you since you have a degree), that you aren't some turbo weeb going just for anime, and that you have an actual interest in their culture and society. If you don't spaghetti during the interview to much your golden.
>do they offer the possibility of doing a proficiency test or accepting previous JLPT certificates to allow you to start at a higher level?
They actually don't even require a test, the only thing they would want is a copy of your certificates. If you have those than they will take that into consideration and place you in a class that will cater to your proficiency level. It's a super painless process as long as you have the paperwork.
>how much does the company that you're going with will support you there?
From what I was told they support you as much as possible. Don't like your roomate? they'll hook you up with a different one. Need help navigating the city or finding a specific place? they'll help out. They can help you with most things that are realistic. They won't try and cater to someone who is super picky obviously but they will help where they can.
cont. in next post
>>
File: 1475061493301.jpg (711KB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1475061493301.jpg
711KB, 1280x1706px
>>1287186
As for the jobs, the program I'm going through supports the students by partnering with different employers in the schools respective cities.
For example, I'm going to be in Nagoya. So the school in Nagoya has certain companies and employers that they partner with that take your resume and CV and will conduct interviews based on that. They suggest you take the first job that you are offered because the other places may not accept you. As for the types of jobs they offer, the school will take into consideration the skills that you have on your resume and CV and what you have told them and will try and find you a job that employs those skills. They obviously can't guarantee that you will get a job that you like or one that fits you but you can be sure that you will get a job. As for a job that employs your degree, I believe it is highly dependent on the type of degree you have(I'm going to assume you went to uni). The cool thing is that minimum wage there is $9 USD an hour, but you can get something as high as say, $12-13 USD an hour. I think it really depends on the availability of jobs in the area.
No problem anon, and thank you! If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, In my experience there isn't alot of information or first hand accounts of people going through these programs so I'd love to help anyone that is planning on doing the same as me.
>>
Hey guys, I'm going on monday and I was wondering if there are any good regular car meetups for JDM cars in the Toyko bay area?
I already heard about daikoku futo but that one is kind of too far away from Tokyo.
>>
>>1286365
Crybaby Hooker guy here, there are places in Tokyo that specialize in girls who wear costumes. You'll probably have to choose from the ones they have there and speak decent Japanese though. Otherwise there are a few online escorts who will wear anything you give them, they dont come cheap however.

>>1286492
Shinjuku Ni-Chome is the gay district, and I've seen a few women only places. Look up goldfingerparty , of course being male I cant speak for how these places are on the inside.

>>1286602
Don't go to robot restaurant, its a literal meme and run by two americans

>>1286642
Walk around kabukicho or visit an observation deck.

>>1286843
Gaijin hunters are girl with a thing for white guys. They're known for being easy and conveniently speaking english. Some people have a problem with them because theyre essentially fetishizing you, but it all depends on what you're looking to get out of it.

>>1287155
That is true, provided you can speak some japanese. They'll be interested in the walking talking novelty of the white foreigner.

>>1287184
Public childrens parks have some occasionally, but you're likely out of luck. Just buy water at the conbini because it's not like you'll have a choice.
>>
I'm Japan right now and it sucks

t. European
>>
>>1287227

Yeah you're probably not used to a place that isn't taken over by muslims. Understandable you forgot what a good city feels like.
>>
>>1287186
>>1287187
Interesting.

Unfortunately I'm from a South American country and I have barely enough to pay for a one year course (and only the course so no money left for plane tickets, rent nor daily expenses). I'd guess that this could be enough for them to reject me. Maybe having a Uni degree and some knowledge in both English and Japanese would be a plus? I don't know.

I'm guessing they asked you for proofs of funds too? I'm sorry to ask (of course you don't have to answer) but did you send a proof that you have enough money to pay for the course and survive there? Or do they consider that you'll get a part/full time job and be able to survive?
>>
>>1287229
What a memeboi you are, so funny
>>
File: 1363058775933.gif (3MB, 208x270px) Image search: [Google]
1363058775933.gif
3MB, 208x270px
>>1287252
>Comes into a JP travel general to say Japan sucks and nothing else
>Calls others memebois
>>
>>1287236
If you have the funds to pay for a year long course that should be fine. The program I'm going through only has you pay monthly, so in theory you could show that you have enough funds to get started then just pay month by month with what you have left over.
I didn't mean to discourage you, I worded that poorly. As far as I understand it only certain South American countries have that requirement. The reason why they would require proofs of funds would only be if the office processing your visa requests it. As in, if your employment status doesn't reflect your financial status well. If your paperwork is in order and everything is solid and doesn't look phony or suspicious then you would be absolutely fine. One thing I forgot to mention is that they ask for a financial sponsor, someone that promises you will be financially capable of paying for the course. This could be a blood relative or yourself, I put myself down and even though I only showed them a bank statement with enough money for the first time payment they were A-OK with it. I don't really see a situation where you would get denied with your current situation.
In all honesty I wouldn't have even known you weren't from the US if you hadn't said anything, your English is very good, plus the added Japanese skill would definitely be a plus with them.
For the proofs of funds they do ask for a bank statement showing you can make at least the first large payment (240,000 yen) and that's it. As I said above I only had just enough to cover that and they didn't say anything about it. I did send proof of me being able to do the first payment but that was it, they don't require any additional proofs unless the immigration office processing your visa requests it. They do expect you to accept one of the job offers to make sure that you are able to survive while you are there, in fact getting a job is a requirement for the program. All of the info that I've given you is for the program I am going through.
>>
File: 1501461083308.png (816KB, 1369x587px) Image search: [Google]
1501461083308.png
816KB, 1369x587px
>>1287266
>post to long
ffs I'm just trying to help people
Anyways, to sum it up it sounds like you would be fine given your situation. If you want to check out the program I'm going through look up JWAVE on google. They seem kinda sketchy and fake based on the design of the website but after 6 months of coordinating with them and getting my visa I can vouch for the validity of them.
Also as a bonus here are the emails. They usually will keep in contact with you every week and help you out with your visa documents and application forms.
I hope your able to go anon, it would be absolutely awesome!
>>
>>1284662
>>1285097

I'm planning on going to Takaragawa Onsen during my trip. Little nervous about getting there though. How difficult is figuring out the bus system and have your anyone else ITT taken the trip up there before and can offer some advice?
>>
Does anybody know of a soapland/pink establishment that offers cosplay in Tokyo? I guess THC in shinjuku doesn't offer it and the other one is closed.
>>
I'm getting really conflicting opinions here - Kurama onsen specifically states on their website that tattoos are not allowed, but a fair few people have said that they were allowed to enter as a foreigner, or told directly via email that foreigners with tattoos were allowed to visit.

I have a 2"x2.5" tattoo under my collarbone. If I just slap a waterproof bandage over it, that should be fine?
>>
>>1287366
Sorry, should have mentioned that I'm asking specifically if anybody has visited Kurama onsen and can give confirmation. I know it depends on the place, your luck, etc.
>>
>>1287179
This is silly and wrong. They'll be able to tell she's from mainland asia just by looking at her. At the very least, they'll know she's non-Japanese asian, and that might affect their interactions somewhat.
>>
File: product-premium.png (393KB, 430x575px) Image search: [Google]
product-premium.png
393KB, 430x575px
What is the absolute cheapest way to travel from Sapporo to Tokyo, not including hitchhiking, driving myself, walking or riding?
>>
>>1287389
That is such a beautiful can.
>>
>>1287390
Ha I've actually had one and it is a quite good can, that said I prefer to drink from a bottle.
>>
>>1287389
Cheapest way is to be a gay butt slave and have your gay bear daddy pay for everything
>>
>>1287389
Renting a bike, you little fake memeboi
>>
>>1287389
>not including hitchhiking, driving myself, walking or riding
>>
Is there anything I can do, in terms of experiences and not shopping, if I'm a technofag who wants to see up close the Japanese technological advancement everyone talks about?
>>
>>1287229
But Tokyo does actually have its fair share of mosques and Muslim communities. Yeah, if you only went to Akiba to get your weebdick wet on bodypillows you probably didn't notice. I'm sorry, but according to your logic your idea of "a good city" is somewhere in rural Russia.
>>
>>1287401
Japanese tech has stagnated, go to Shenzhen.
>>
>>1287403
His idea of a good city is Memetown in the memeside of Memeland.

Only super phantasmagoric memes over there.
>>
>>1287403
There is a turkish community. They threaten people in pubs and sell drugs. They also riot in central tokyo near the embassy every now and then. Their anger directed aeemingly at the japanese people they assault over turkish politics.

Also, 2/3 refugees in japan are already convicted of gang rape.

Ive got an idea. How about you shut the fuck up before we comb through the google histories to find every single faggot like you, stick a gun in your mouth, and blow your brains out the back of your head for defending rapists
>>
>>1287403

Taken over = They exist

Are we just playing the retard game today?
>>
>>1287406
Weabooism in a nutshell.

I can't wait to see you cooped up in lagers.
>>
>>1287408
you left wing fucknuts literally defend rapists and murderers

if you really think you can destroy europe and not expect to get shot in the head when yoy throw your opponents in prison for mean tweets, you've got another thing coming

hope you aren't too attached to having a brain inside your skull
>>
Okay so, my contacts in Osaka have informed of where the brothel district is.

Now, I'm a tattooed gaijin, and this neighbourhood seems to be for Japanese persons. What are my chances of finding an establishment where they will let me get a cute girl for an hour or two?
>>
>>1287417
You weaboos must die in lagers. I literally can't wait for a new Adolf Hitler to come and destroy all of you.
>>
>>1287427
I don't support sandniggers, I support beautiful Europe.
You, instead, support sandnigger Europe by perpetuating the awkward "safety" meme. That's the only reason why you like Japan.
>>
>>1287406
Eh, I find it quite impressive that you thought I was defending Muslims (aka rapists) somewhere in my reply when I was just stating facts. I'm really not defending anyone, you see.

Also Turks does not necessarily equal Muslims. Trust me, I would know.

t. Godless Turk in Tokyo
>>
>>1287439
I hate your race irrespective of religion

We will kill every last man woman and child

Leave tokyo whilst they grant you the privilege of diing so with your head
>>
>>1287266
>>1287269
Nice.

I'll take a look at this company. This was not among the ones I found, maybe because it seems to cater more to the US market, I don't know.

One last question, did you/they get you a job there already?
>>
>>1286677
>>1286759
I just arrived in Tokyo today and they had rental portable wifi units at the airport. Can't remember the yen but their rates were like $6.50 USD a day
>>
>>1287442
Turk is not a race.
However, Turks belong to the white race. Is that what you're aiming at? Are you saying you hate white people?

Also, I'll leave Tokyo when I finish my semester here, don't worry.
>>
Does anyone know a good place to buy a bidet in Nagoya, or Japan in general?
>>
>>1284613
https://youtu.be/9tBCxMF1LYU
>>
>>1287422 here.

Just went to the district. That was fucking bizarre. In the 6 months I've been in Japan, this was by far the biggest culture shock.

I'd expected something akin to the titty bars, as in a building with a staircase with red lighting. Nope. Not at all.

It's literally a well-lit opening at street level with an old obaa-san sitting there trying to lure guys in, calling out "douzo, douzo, onii-san, douzo" with girls sitting right behind her, completely on display, and with various kink wear on. I saw police girls, nurses, sexy lingerie, even one dressed as fucking Kiki from the Miyazaki movie.

That I was a foreigner seemed to be no issue, some of the obaa-san even called out to me in English.

I was too fucking petrified by the overtness to actually pick a girl, so I just wandered around the streets and went back to my hotel. There were so many other dudes in the street, all Japanese, who had no fucking qualms with picking a girl and heading in for some fun.

Fucking hell. I need a whiskey and some more rest before actually going there and choosing someone. There was like 50 girls to go between, all of them ranging from cute to gorgeous.
>>
>>1287472
Childish, gay, stupid and almost certainly tastes like scum.
>>
>>1287422
They will take you in, but you better have a lot of money if you want an hour. The going rate is 15000 for 20 minutes.
>>
>>1287480
That's not a lot. That's actually cheaper than lap dances. 2 minutes is 3000yen.

I'll just save up myself for a day or two and then head down there again.
>>
>>1287480
Damn that's a lot>>1287482
, I had 2 hours for 32k in Tokyo.
>>
>>1287396
I'm actually curious about that. I'm in Osaka now and looking to have my butt ravaged.

What is the best way to achieve this?
>>
>>1287494
Your best bet is probably going to Murphy's and get cozy with the bartender. Super cool guy, flamboyantly gay, can probably point you in the right direction.
>>
>>1287493

Didn't mean to throw the second link in the middle of that, but Hiromoot won't let me delete it for some reason.
>>
>>1287482
Its pretty interesting. Technically its a resturant, and you're paying that fee for a tiny tray of our d'oeuvres that they serve you first. The hostess just happens to like having sex with the customers. Let me know if they give you a lollipop afterwards too.
>>
>>1287496
fucking love Jaimin. cant wait so drink shots with him again.
>>
>>1287467
honestly yodobashi or BIC is your best bet for that kind of thing they're like best buy in the us you're really not gonna find stuff cheaper. I want to get one too but they're kinda expensive and I'm scared about violating some kind of lease or that I'll fuck up setting it up and not have a functioning toilet.
>>
>>1287389
Bus or regional flight, probably the former. Just google "bus from sapporo to tokyo" and you'll be able to find out times and prices.
>>
>>1287401
The museum of Science and Technology is pretty dope. They've got good english signage for all the exhibits, and they do a cute Asimo demonstration every 20 minutes or something (the friendly little robot dude).
>>
Anywhere other than golden gai that's good for a night out in Tokyo when you want to meet fellow travelers and locals over drinks?
>>
>>1287422
Well? Stop holding out on us. Where is it?
>>
>>1287530
I'd rather tell you where The Red Starcase is, but that also feels like a place you have to prove, through good manners towards the Japanese, that you can handle yourself in without being a idiotic gaijin.

What I will tell you is to start out in the international bars in Osaka and get friendly with the bartenders. Prove to them that you're not a rude fucker, then they'll let you in on the titty bars. Then, when you prove to the waiters and guards in the titty clubs that you're not a mad cunt, they'll tell you about the two little streets where you can go to get laid.
>>
>>1287533
Okay, so google it. Thanks!
>>
>>1287542
Good luck.
>>
>>1287474
I went there and slept with a girl.

It was a good time.
>>
>>1287530
It's common knowledge to everyone. It's tobita shinchi.

Just go walk around, see a qt girl and if the obasan calls you, you walk in go upstairs pick a time on the menu and do your shit and leave. Girls range from old ugly women, fat women to 7/10 qt girls to 11/10 the most beautiful japanese girl you will ever see in your entire life. Remember to don't take too long browsing as the beautiful girls will be taken soon and quickly.
>>
>>1287548
first time i went there i was too afraid to actually go upstairs.
came back a few weeks later with some more confidence. almost got a boner by just looking at the 10/10. went up for 30 mins or so. girls wasnt very talkactive but my Japanese is limited anyway so whatever. Not the best sex of my life but i dont think i will ever fuck a more beatuliful girl than she was.
>>
>>1287550
Same experience for me, it's hard to perform with the time limit.
>>
test
>>
>>1287446
When I talked to them they said they accept people from any country, but it can be a bit more difficult for some depending on the country. Good luck!
They have not gotten me a job yet, I actually just sent them my resume for the jobs this morning. They set up multiple interviews for when you get there, so you would have about a month give or take after arriving and doing interviews until you actually get a job.
>>
>paying for a prostitute when tinder exists

Sure its slightly more work, but the payoff can be insane.
A girl I met on tinder last week spent 4 days paying for everything, including a trip to disneyland, in exchange for me fucking the shit out of her multiple times a day. I felt like the prostitute.

Then she flipped out and turned into a complete psychopath, but I had my fun.

Why are the hot ones always so crazy.
>>
>>1287723
The ones who pay are the ones who arent as good looking or white.
>>
>>1287743
I'm neither, but I don't care for clubs or any of that social shit. I'd rather just walk in to a place, pay the fee for the time I want, have my fun, and leave.
>>
Anyone try strawberry jam in Shibuya?
>>
I'm interested in traditional tattoo art. I'm going to be in country for a while, so it seems like an opportunity.

Is there anything I can read about gaijin getting stuck? Dos or dont's? Anyone get traditional tattoos while they were there and can share experiences?
>>
>>1287784

I'm planning on getting my back done next spring. Depends if you want something big or small. Tebori style tattooing takes way longer than modern machine tattooing so you generally want to make appointments in advance. As for being a gaijin you really don't have to worry too much. A lot of their clientele is foreigners and it's to be expected considering the taboo that still exists in Japan about tattoos. So these people are already working in a counter culture industry that's more familiar and friendly with foreigners so I don't think you'll ever have to worry about getting turned away.
>>
>>1287784
>>1287792

Also check this website out.
https://www.tattooexperiences.com/#artists

Facilitates foreigners getting tattoos from Japanese artists. You pick your artist, set up a Skype session, talk out what you want and set up an appointment. Could help out if you're actually planning in advance and not just going on impulse. Horimitsu is the shit, I have an instagram just to follow him. I'm gonna be staying in Ikebukuro next week too I'm tempted to poke my head in even though I can't afford anything right now.
>>
>>1287792
>>1287793
Word, thanks amigo. I see these guys are all pretty much Honshu though, do you have any resources (or ideas for finding) for tebori in Hokkaido? 'swhere I'm gonna be.

I'm in for something from elbow to scapula (so I can at least pretend to be work-presentable in the US, even with sleeves rolled to my elbows). Cost could be an issue, even for something as modest as that... ¥510,000 for a 30 hour sleeve!!
>>
Anyone at Fukagawa Hachiman Matsuri right now?
>>
>>1287819
I'm going tomorrow
>>
>>1287324
It's not difficult.
Get out in Minakami, take the bus.
http://global.kan-etsu.net/en/pdf/min_timetable_yunokoya_en.pdf?201704
>>
File: IMG_20170801_080113.png (31KB, 424x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170801_080113.png
31KB, 424x302px
any weeb places in osaka apart from denden town ?
>>
Sup bois.

Any tips on what to do on 1+hr metro rides across tokyo?

And any matsuris in toyo worth visiting in early septermber?
>>
Got a list of the following places I'm gonna be staying, haven't decided on what I'm doing at all of them just yet.

Day 1 - Tokyo - Arrive at 7AM (Will probably explore a bit and retire early to deal with jet lag)
Day 2 - Tokyo - Mt. Fuji Climb
Day 3 - Tokyo - Mt. Fuji Descend (Should only take the morning from what I've read, can explore Tokyo in the afternoon and evening)
Day 4 - Tokyo
Day 5 - Osaka - Osaka Castle/Himeji Castle
Day 6 - Osaka - Kyoto
Day 7 - Hiroshima - Miyajima Island/Peace Museum
Day 8 - Travelling from Hiroshima to Takaragawa Onsen Osenkaku
Day 9 - Tokyo
Day 10 - Tokyo
Day 11 - Tokyo
Day 12 - Tokyo
Day 13 - Tokyo - Flight at 10AM

My question is whether I should bother with Kyoto? I've marked it down on my destinations because of it's significance as the former capital, though from what I've read in the past few threads, it isn't really anything to write home about.
Tokyo is definitely the mainstay of my trip and I'm fairly cautious about taking a day from it for a location I may not even enjoy. Should I cull that day in Kyoto and add an extra day in Tokyo or is my rough week of time in Tokyo long enough to justify seeing other locations?
>>
>>1287964

When are you going?
>>
>>1287977
Day 1 is on the 7th of September with Day 13 being the 19th
>>
>>1285097
Heading to Japan in 3 weeks, staying for 2 weeks. Considering Takaragawa onsen because it's tattoo friendly, unisex areas, and how pretty it is. The only thing is that it seems like a long day trip just for the onsen. Can anyone recommend anything else to do in the area or a similar onsen closer to Tokyo, Kyoto, or Osaka areas?
>>
>>1288004

I'm trying to do Takaragawa Onsen as well. There's a daruma town on the way up called Takasaki and just the general area around Gunma is a big haven for onsens.
>>
>>1287778
They have an extra charge for foreigners, i think its 2000 or 3000 extra. I've never been to the shibuya branch, but I just had such a sad experience at the Shinjuku one I wrote a sob story earlier in this thread. I wouldn't reccomend that one unless you know you're into the scene.
>>
What's strawberry jam?
>>
>>1288013
Pink salon. Though I thought Janjan and Hinomaru were the only ones that took foreigners. Thought Strawberry Jam was still nippon only.
>>
So I'm reading up the pink salon stuff on various site. What do people mean by BBBj and HJ
>>
>>1288033
big black boob job
hot jizz
>>
>>1288028
Its a fashion health, not a pink salon, which means you get a private room, a shower with the girl, and she gets naked too. Both branches take foreigners, but shibuya is more known for turning them away. You have to know some japanese for both though I believe. Enough to understand that you're not allowed to have sex with the girls.

>>1288033
BBBJ is a bareback blowjob, ie:without a condom. HJ is a handjob. I've been to jyan jyan, hinomaru, and another pinsaro if you have any questions.
>>
>>1288033
You seriously can't figure out HJ?
>>
>>1288060
Sorry, been a while since I read the TAG.
>>
>>1287964
I liked Kyoto more than osaka. The Kyoto station is a very impressive building. There are some great shrines nearby. The old imperial palace is a great place to find a comfy tree and chill out under. Fushimi Inari is a very important site of course. Gion is good if you're interested in Geisha sightings.
>>
>>1286602
I've been to the Robot Restaurant twice and it is a tourist trap. It is fun to go with some mates after a few drinks, but you should be aware that it very un-Japanese and was built for dumb tourists. Visiting Disneyland would be closer to a truer Japanese experience.
>>
>>1287964
Kyoto is full of very nice temples and palaces. However, it's still a modern Japanese city with thousands of grey buildings, and it is particularly touristy compared to Osaka and Tokyo.
With your itinerary, I'd be inclined to skip Kyoto because you are experiencing some traditional culture in Osaka and Miyajima Island. That said, I've been to Kyoto a few times.
>>
Page 9 already, huh?

Here's the new thread.

>>1288526
>>1288526
>>
Any experiences with maid cafes? i'm going to Japan soon and want to take some photos with the girls. It's allowed?.
>>
>>1288577
I've never been, but from what I've read and seen no photos are allowed inside the cafe, aside from taking a photo of your food or so.

You can pay to have a photo taken with a maid with the camera at the cafe though.
>>
Anyone in Tokyo wanna meet? I'm here for a week and besides day trips, wanna chill with peeps.
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.