[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maltabro here. I want to move to Ireland. But I don't want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: paddypower.png (47KB, 772x800px) Image search: [Google]
paddypower.png
47KB, 772x800px
Maltabro here. I want to move to Ireland.
But I don't want to be just another tiresome foreigner and economic parasite.
I want to build a home there and make relationships that matter with people.
How does one integrate well within Irish society? What tv should I watch to help speed up the nuances of modern irish popular culture? What reliable news source can I pass comments about without getting odd stares? Can I get by without caring for footie? What are the big no-nos? What are the unwritten obligations? Do young folks do much other than drink at pubs? How does one meet new people in Ireland?
I really want to put effort into this. I want to behave, but not sure how.
>>
>>1284191
Easy ways to integrate with Ireland, talk about how hurley should be banned and more time should be focused on football so Ireland can play better.

Anytime someone mentions northern ireland, just spit and say they are all English.

Temble bar is the most authentic irish pub.

Cork and Limerick are objectively the best irish places, always say this.
>>
File: Balbriggan.jpg (1MB, 3472x2604px) Image search: [Google]
Balbriggan.jpg
1MB, 3472x2604px
The preconception of Ireland that you probably have in your head doesn't exist anymore. It ended in the early 2000s when the government brought in hundreds of thousands of economic migrants to fuel the housing bubble at the time. The expansion of the EU in 2004 made a bad situation even worse and now Polish is more widely spoken on the island than our native Irish language.

Thousands of years of culture flushed down the drain for a few quick shekels. This is veering into a political discussion so I'll leave it there. Pic related is a school in Balbriggan, a town north of Dublin.
>>
>>1284197
at least there is space to escape the rising tide. I cannot do this at home in Malta. no space.
I feel a degree of guilt in being a part of the problem. But I'm European, Catholic and want to be respectful to my Irish hosts.
Are there nationalist groups that would take me in? I could be their Guido Fawkes. An honorary celt.
Really I just want to be surrounded by white people, and Ireland is the whitest English speaking European country. You can criticise this for being political, but white flight is a form of travel.
>>
>>1284205
>Ireland is the whitest English speaking European country

You know historically that people referred to the irish as white niggers, or the niggers of europe right?

My family is irish, but the idea they are considered a white utopia is not real.
>>
Given Malta's friendly relationship with the UK (it's George Cross Island, after all) would OP have an easier time in NI?
>>
>>1284209
I'm Catholic, and while that isn't so important to me, the animosity expressed, even if rare, will ruin any sensation that I'm integrating.
that's the point of this thread: how do I integrate? My thorough study of Father Ted has not gotten me far.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (417KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
417KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>1284209
>would OP have an easier time in NI?

Nobody has an easy time in NI.
>>
File: Omagh-Town[1].jpg (568KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Omagh-Town[1].jpg
568KB, 1920x1080px
>>1284210
Protestants and Catholics are split down the middle in NI, and in those districts furthest from Belfast, it's a solid Catholic majority.
>>
>>1284215
On second thought, if you're going to live some place like Omagh or Fermanagh, I suppose you might as well just go all the way and live in the Republic.
>>
File: Irish Taoiseach.jpg (84KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
Irish Taoiseach.jpg
84KB, 780x438px
>>1284215
You're either a foreigner or an idiot because you're conflating Catholics and Nationalists. Not all Catholics support a United Ireland the same way not all Protestants are Unionists. Many Catholic farmers in NI are happy with the status quo for economic reasons. Not to mention the growing distance between the more conservative traditional Irish in NI and the liberal progressive Irish in the Republic with their gay Indian leader.
>>
>>1284218
>Foreigner
Yes
>Idiot
Maybe

I made no mention of unionism and loyalism. I wasn't conflating Catholics and Nationalists, and I'm fully aware that not all Catholics in NI are republicans. How the fuck did you get that from my post? OP said he wants to live around a bunch of Catholics like he currently does in Malta, and I merely said he shouldn't discount all of NI on that basis as much of it is heavily Catholic. HOWEVER >>1284217
I followed up my post because while Western NI tends to be more Catholic, OP needs to be sure he'll get a job, probably harder to do in the smaller cities and towns outside of the Belfast area which has a Protestant majority, so he might as well go to the Republic of Ireland. All of what I've said is merely on the basis of religious demographics. None of it was political.
>>
>>1284233
Thank you for your honest answer. I shouldn't discount northern Ireland, especially since the distance is short, so I won't restrict my job opportunities too much.
I guess the other guy just didn't understand you until you made it clear just now.
>>
>>1284191

just come back to Italy, my swarthy brother.

Sure, maybe the economy isnt' that good as in the Uk or Ireland, but at least it's not a multiculti fag loving shithole like every other germanic/anglo country in europe right now, and people will be more similar to you in.. everything. We're all southern european after all, same values, same characters, same attitude, same food, same love for hot women. Integrate here will take you 24 hours.

Also, I'd get it if you want to move to London or some other big city in the Uk with jobs opportunity and fun things to do, but Ireland? I've been there and except for Dublin, that place is just empty. Amazing people and stunning landscapes, but still empty as fuck. There are more people in Rome alone than in the entire ROI and not really much to do at night, no wonder people just get drunk
>>
File: BombDamageMalta[1].jpg (269KB, 800x606px) Image search: [Google]
BombDamageMalta[1].jpg
269KB, 800x606px
>>1284254
>Italian
>Brother
HA!
>>
>>1284259
ahem.
Italians are indeed our brothers.
We were held hostage by our British overlords and our land used as an airbase to drop bombs on Sicilian and Calabrian families.
Don't let the eternal anglo fool you with his fake history.
>>
>>1284191
>Maltabro
You worry too much. We are one big happy family now. The ones that do not want to party, have left the building. Just be you, unless 'you' is a complete knob.
>>
>>1284197
Reminder that pic related is the greatest Irishman that ever lived.
>>
>>1284191
Watch hurling, go to the pub, complain about the weather, complain about the government taxing cigarettes and alcohol, drink Lyons tea
>>
>>1284850
>A black man born in England to a Guyanese father and Irish mother.

Thin Lizzy had a bunch of great songs but Phil Lynott was not Irish. He had Irish citizenship but that's about it. Please don't devalue my ethnic heritage.
>>
>>1285312
Pretty much the same thing here in Finland, but swap hurling with hockey and you are usually already drunk before you can get to the tea
>>
>>1285625
>Guyanese father, Irish mother, Irish passport
Sorry Mick. That's Irish.
>>
File: 1501542351098.jpg (51KB, 562x730px) Image search: [Google]
1501542351098.jpg
51KB, 562x730px
>>1284191
Be ready to get raped by taxes for working 60 hour weeks while the dole que scum rake in 190 quid plus child support for every crime against the gene pool

>mfw I look at my deductible tax
>>
File: 348s[1].jpg (28KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
348s[1].jpg
28KB, 348x348px
>>1285625
>He had Irish citizenship but
Fucking Euros. That's literally all that counts.
>>
>>1285625
>devalue my ethnic heritage
Potatoes and alcoholism?
>>
>>1284191

>integrate into Irish society
>how to

Drink to excess at every opportunity, regardless of work/social obligations, and behave in a commensurately buffoonish manner - urinate, vomit & brawl in the streets. Speak in an almost unintelligible babble and mispronounce vowel sounds. Use the word "fookin" several times in each sentence, often the only word non-Fenians can understand. Maintain an illogical hatred of Protestants/Loyalists/UK in general. Travel the world performing menial construction tasks & attempt to pilfer from employer / client, all whilst being almost continuously drunk. Produce garbage tier music "talent" such as U2, The Corrs, The Pogues etc. Die many years too young as a result of liver cirrhosis.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.