[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best air line? I personally prefer Frontie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: airline.jpg (7KB, 347x145px) Image search: [Google]
airline.jpg
7KB, 347x145px
What's the best air line?

I personally prefer Frontier...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi5D4GOoMtc
>>
>>1283036
i could not give a fuck. i just want the cheapest possible. i got a $90 frontier flight from pittsburgh to orlando so that was pretty cool
>>
Singapore, Qatar, Emirates, and the other usual names.
>>
File: omicky.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
omicky.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
You know exactly who.
>>
>>1283046
This honestly.
Get me there safely, and on time. That's all I ask.

If there was an airline that packed people into metal drawers once they got onto the plane, I take it if the cost was low enough.

>tfw you will never fly from New York to LA for $40
>>
File: ryanaircustomerservice.jpg (27KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
ryanaircustomerservice.jpg
27KB, 620x400px
>>1283788
>tfw you will never fly from the UK to Denmark for a pound.
>>
>>1283788
they really need to make horizontal spaces for passengers so they can lay down and they can pack more people into the plane
>>
>>1283831
They should. They would be able to get more passengers, which means cost could come down, and despite several serious attempts I have never been able to sleep on an international flight.

Maybe not as close together as I originally suggested that would probably be too much of a shock for the airlines to consider, but maybe just enough space so you can get up into a kneeling position, maybe 4 feet?

This is a bit off topic but at one time I seriously considered mailing myself. Hundreds of people attempt to do this every year, but it's mostly just for a prank or notoriety, because nowadays in addition to being really uncomfortable, mailing a human sized and human weighted package cost more than taking a plane to most locations, so if you buy the cheapest airline tickets you won't save much anyway.
>>
>>1283802
I've been hearing a lot of stuff about Ryanair, ignored most of it because it seemed like something just for yuros, but I am going to Europe this winter.

Just how cheap are they? Could I reasonably pop all around Europe for a few weeks with poorman prices? They've got trains to so there is that..
>>
>>1283836
Pretty cheap (much cheaper than trains), and really not that bad. Very basic, obviously, and you have to be careful with hand-luggage size, but for short flights in Europe they're a godsend
>>
Air New Zealand, maybe I'm biased, but honestly the koru lounges are amazing, and every time I get back on one of their flights from another airline it's a relief
And those safety videos fucking hell
>>
Most airlines based out of Asia are pretty damn good.

Except the ones with "China" in their names.
>>
>>1283855
If I bring my big backpacker pack onto Ryan Air are they going to price fuck me?
>>
>>1283888
The short answer that you want to hear is "yes."
The technical answer is "no."

The reason why budget airlines like Ryanair are so cheap is because they cut corners in every way they can. If it's not essential to the safe operation of the aircraft, then they omit it. If you happen to want this non-essential feature, you have to pay for it, since you technically didn't pay for it before.

Non-budget airlines have way more expensive ticket prices, but at least those costs go toward better luggage leniency, entertainment, and some food/drinks.
>>
>>1283916
I'll have to check the dimensions and either put less in the bag or just measure before I leave.

I usually take only one carry on, but it is large. Large enough to technically be OK but earn a second glance, I don't want them to even look at it. Maybe I'll just bring no clothes and buy second hand stuff when I arrive, wash, then leave it before returning.
>>
>>1283855
They really are fantastic. Keep within their hand luggage limits, which is doable, and you're great.

I've gotten flights for £1, £5 and £10. They're pretty tough if you try to break their rules, but they are great.
>>
>>1283916
>The reason why budget airlines like Ryanair are so cheap is because they cut corners in every way they can. If it's not essential to the safe operation of the aircraft, then they omit it. If you happen to want this non-essential feature, you have to pay for it, since you technically didn't pay for it before.
>Non-budget airlines have way more expensive ticket prices, but at least those costs go toward better luggage leniency, entertainment, and some food/drinks.

You would think that what you say is true because it all seems really logical.
But, you should understand the larger the airline, the more the buying power. Buying power when it comes to multimillion dollar contracts is a big thing. And what usually causes an airline to declare financial troubles is their desire to leave bad contracts that are draining them. It is very hard for an airline to have only 1-2 flights a day at an airport and get a good deal on rental of their ticket counter space, flight services contracts, security contracts, maintenance contracts, and all the insurance and other little contracts and people like that. It's not like bargain airlines could ever concievably compete against the airline that is keeping ground crews busy as shit and costs low for their half a concourse of hubs of flights. They even get their planes cheaper from airbus and boeing, etc. Even the flight training for their crews come at a better contract price structure.

So, it's more than meals, and little fees the small airline is using to make your ticket price seem low. It's that they are EXPONENTIALLY cutting corners, such as the lowest paid pilots in the industry. They might also be ill equipped to send new equipment for a cancelled flight. If you don't mind if your pilot learned a bunch of theory after selling cars for a living, err.
>>
For domestic US, Southwest is my favorite. It's one of two airlines left in the US that still gives a free checked bag, and unlike the true LCCs they have the planes and footprint to not leave you stranded forever if your flight is cancelled. Their employees are also the only ones who seem at best happy about their jobs and happy to be there, and at worse just doing their best to make things easier and less stressful for their customers.

For international, I've only flown on EVA and ANA, and both were great and I'd happily fly them again. Domestic ANA flights within Japan were far and above most US airlines as well.
>>
File: cq5dam.rendition.900.350[1].jpg (38KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.rendition.900.350[1].jpg
38KB, 900x350px
>>1283036
How come a thread on best airline turns into talk about Ryanair and a bunch of American airlines?

It is "well known" that almost all Asian airlines + Air NZ + Air Canada and just a handful others are in the top league. All those former state airlines of Europe are just meeh. Even KLM is just a painted whore.

Has anybody else noticed how KLM have a very chatty and informal friendliness going on right now btw? They have obviously received some encouragement to act that way.

BA is funny with how they solely seem to have middle-aged women and older gay men as crew. Pity that they serve UK food even on inbound. Imagine foreigners reactions when they are served a currant bun with some fake icing that does not taste like sugar, and looks like dried cum.

Pic related. An average Asian airline that beats anything the west can offer.
>>
>>1284424
>Air Canada
>almost landed on four fully loaded planes on the taxiway adjacent to the runway
>top league

Maybe at causing heart attacks they're top league
>>
united airlines
>>
>>1284440
Well, shit happens. But they are ranked as the best North American airline, which ofc does not mean much
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-canada-skytrax-best-airline-1.4169313
>>
>>1284424
European airlines are generally much better than American ones. This includes meh tier ones with Air Canada. Air NZ is ok but not up there with the best Asian or even European ones.
>>
>>1284469
>shit happens
>literally thought the green lit taxiway with aircraft lights on it was the runway
>when the actual runway is white/yellow/red lit with a giant 300ft long string of red and yellow lights leading up to the foot of the runway https://youtu.be/O3LTYeZrzH8?t=222

I don't know how you can defend this. At least when Delta landed on a taxiway at ATL there were no taxiing planes on it, and it there were multiple other factors contributing to the messup. AC lined up and attempted to land on the taxiway from the get go and only just pulled off at the last second.
>>
>>1284496
I have noticed this. It hurts me.

It doesn't have to be like this, and yet it is. Why?
>>
>>1284424
Because if you value cost (and many /trv/lers do) over high class perks etc. then Ryan and Spirit are going to be closer to what your definition of "best" will be.
>>
>>1284158
>Business major detected
>>
>>1283036
Best airline I've ever flown is Cathay Pacific. It's the Hong Kong airline.
>>
>>1284424
>Air Canada
had me till here, you have no idea what youre talking about
>>
>>1284653
This; I've been living in Canada for over two decades, and I have yet to meet anyone who actually likes Air Canada.
>>
>>1284496
>European airlines are generally much better than American ones.
Thx for your response. Why is that?

>>1284628
>Please validate muh cherrypicked example
Unless you are suggesting that Air Canada train their aircrews to land on taxiways, then I shall leave your fallacious response without a comment.

>>1284632
I am not even seeing Ryan as cheap anymore. Their airports are (usually) way inferior and the regular airlines are not more expensive on most routers. The days are long gone when I used to get on a train for 5 hours to catch a 20 euro flight and then have to travel an additional 3 hours to reach my destination at the other side. Ryan is just not cheap anymore. Regular airlines also give low service flight these days, and you don't have to deal with some Moldovan walking the aisle trying to sell SKRATJKARDS on a proper airline.

>>1284653
>>1284656
>AC
I've never flown them. I was referring to customer satisfaction surveys. So that should mean that you have no good airlines at all up there? Sucks to be you in that case.
>>
>>1284657
>I was referring to customer satisfaction surveys.
Well I mean they're at least better than China Eastern, I gotta give them that.

>So that should mean that you have no good airlines at all up there? Sucks to be you in that case.
Not really, most of my travels are overseas. While Air Canada does have overseas flights, I only ever really see them for domestic & US flights.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-06-20-51-25.png (183KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-06-20-51-25.png
183KB, 1080x1920px
>>1284657
>I am not even seeing Ryan as cheap anymore.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-06-19-56-44.png (165KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-06-19-56-44.png
165KB, 1080x1920px
>>1284681
>I am not even seeing Ryan as cheap anymore.

Hmm. Perhaps, but I'm a bare bones sort of man, don't bring much luggage and content to sit for 9 hours with no food or drink. I get what you mean though.
>>
>>1284683
$40 could be an extra two hostel nights, or admittance to some attractions, I guess.
>>
>>1284657
>Unless you are suggesting that Air Canada train their aircrews to land on taxiways, then I shall leave your fallacious response without a comment.

I was suggesting that some Air Canada crews aren't briefed well enough on destination airport conditions (or don't read the updated advisories en route) to be able to land safely in clear nighttime conditions, nor were they confident enough in what they thought they saw on the runway (taxiway) to initiate a go-around earlier. Somehow the pilot failed to distinguish the the taxiway from 28R, which is nothing short of mindboggling in clear nighttime weather conditions.

According to the NTSB, they were convinced the taxiway was 28R and the real 28R was 28L, despite 28L being well lit with a giant red X marking it off limits, since it was under construction. It took the pilot of UA1, first in line on the taxiway, to break radio discipline and ask what the fuck they were doing, followed by the Phillipine Air flight behind him turning on his landing lights, to alert the Air Canada pilot that he had royally fucked up and was about to make Tenerife look like a boy scout campfire.

Regarding other taxiway landings, here's a few others for you to look up and compare to AC's:
>Continental 1883
>Delta 60
>Alaska 27

The only recent example of a landing where the situation was a normal approach is Harrison Ford's, which is also the only recent example of a taxiway landing (or attempt) other than Air Canada's where there was traffic on the taxiway. Ford cleared the plane under him by far more than Air Canada cleared the first two loaded 787s under them when they performed their go around. According to Ford he was "distracted" when landing.
>>
Royal Brunai, Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa and Thai Airways
>>
>>1284700
>they were convinced the taxiway was 28R and the real 28R was 28L
That sounds like a classic mistake the Chinese would make.
>>
what can you anons tell me about Aeroflot?
I'm booking a ticket to Japan and the only cheap airline is Aeroflot, which makes a layover in Moscow. I don't feel too safe flying in an airline that has a fucking hammer and sickle in their logo, but I'm reading that it is actually the biggest airline in Russia.
>>
>>1284787
I'd also like to know. I'm doing the same flight with Aerofllot next year so it'd be nice to know what to expect.
>>
>>1284683
But that's Air Europa. Ryan does not do long haul, right?
>>
>>1284787
I dunno. They were basic and smelly in the old days, but not horribly so. And they used to give you rare experiences such as getting you to BKK in a wide body jet with only 20 people on board.

For scandifags they are unbelievably fast to some Asian destinations. Not even Finnair is faster. 10 hours and 520 dollars return to Delhi from Stockholm for example. Could be worse.
>>
>>1284787
Me again. I actually flew that route long time ago. Then they used to fuel up in Siberia to save money. Seeing a MIG 25 or 31 going the opposite way somewhere over the Taiga made the entire journey worthwhile for me.
>>
>>1284787
Flew with them three times. Food's very Russian, and make sure you have enough time for the layover, but actually pretty decent otherwise.

Also excellent cancellation policy due to Russian law.
>>
>>1284838
They've teamed up with that Air Europa and (IIRC) Norwegian to offer flights to NYC.
>>
>>1284879
K, but they do not fly under the Ryanair brand in any way? I believe they are only collecting a commission.
>>
>>1284681
>>1284683
>>1284838
Good eye, but it was found through Ryan's site so..
>>
>>1284916
No. You're getting an Air Europa flight to America. However, you're getting a Ryanair flight to wherever they send that flight off from (I believe it's Spain).

So it's an Air Europa main course, but with a Ryanair starter.
>>
>>1284971
Cool. Just as I expected then. Just Ryanair getting a tiny percentage on affiliate marketing

Did some checking on ITAMatrix. I am not seeing any savings on these flights compared to the better airlines.
>>
Your own private jet.
Poorfags get out of my board.
>>
>>1284056
Just check the max weight per flight and go from there
>>
>>1284781
Visually. They didn't mistake the R for an L when ATC gave them landing instructions. Though yes it is hilarious when put that way.
>>
So I need a dilemma settled: I know that China Eastern is the worst airline ever, but how about China Southern?

I'm trying to avoid China Eastern at all costs, but the next cheapest is China Southern, which is about $400 higher. I'm not opposed to paying extra for a better airline, but said airline needs to be substantially better. If it's only marginally better, I just might stick with China Eastern.
>>
>>1285503
For another $30 (so about $430 altogether), I can get British Airways. Thoughts on that?
>>
>>1283036
probably ANA because they wear fucking maid costumes, the food is actually good and it's relatively cheap
>>
>>1286510
their corporate hairstyle is fucking kawaii
>>
File: 0047-05.jpg (107KB, 690x610px) Image search: [Google]
0047-05.jpg
107KB, 690x610px
>>1286510
>Ana
>Maid costumes
Wut? I'd pay 50% more to fly with pic related
>>
>>1286549
They put on little frilly maid aprons to serve the drinks and food
>>
>>1286530
The neck ribbons are cute too. ANA's female uniform is great.
>>
>>1286510
>>1286549
>>1286553
To me it just looks like a stereotypical secretary/receptionist/"OL" uniform with an apron over it.
>>
>>1286838
Try an image from after 2011
>>
File: 140424-1.jpg (48KB, 530x730px) Image search: [Google]
140424-1.jpg
48KB, 530x730px
>>1286862
This one's from a 2014 press release, and I'm still not seeing it.
>>
>>1286869
They've clearly updated their uniform in the time between the two photos
>>
File: AirAsia.jpg (229KB, 931x1200px) Image search: [Google]
AirAsia.jpg
229KB, 931x1200px
Air Asia

I get hypnotised watching the trolly dollies walking back and forth.
>>
File: 0552-01.png (1002KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
0552-01.png
1002KB, 740x740px
>>1286838
Exactly. I'm disappoint. Time to get support for a more Harajuku inspired uniform.

I am very amused reading about the demand for vintage air hostess uniforms in Nippon though. Some go for $3,500 a piece due to fetishists!
>>
In terms of experience, I don't think anything really beats Emirates

Thai/Singapore/Etihad/Cathay/Qantas etc are all very close

Air Canada/BA are extremely average

Most american airlines are trash
>>
If I book an "ANA" flight that's "operated by United", am I really just booking a United flight? With united liveries, food service, shit american quality? I've never flown internationally before.
>>
>>1287414
Yes.
>>
>>1283036
Trump airlines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZq3iCn2y74
>>
>>1287314
This guy gets it
>>
Best US airline is Jetblue hands down. I'm tall and fit comfortably in any seat on the plane. Free live TV, free snacks. Very good fares if you book ahead. Flown them 50+ times.

United is shit. Cramped as fuck seats, unhappy attendants. Pay for TV and everything else. Ruined Continental post merger, still angry about that.

Avoid Frontier as if your flights cancelled they rarely have another plane to take its place, so the just flat cancel it and leave you stranded.
>>
in US I like southwest airlines the most:
>cheap
>chose your own seats / relatively spacious
>interesting queuing system
>friendly staff
>free snacks and beverages

in EU i've only tried KLM which was decent, aer lingus which was great and air france which was excellent (albeit pricy)
>>
>>1283036
The only time i tried to flew frontier I waited 8 hours in MIA looking at some cunts sitting under the landing gear for a "technical problem" after 5 hrs from scheduled depart time a nigger started warming up and go apeshit, so they told another plane coming from Tampa will cover the broken one.
After other 2hrs they said flight is cancelled, no plane ever appeared to be coming from Tampa.
Then they dissipated the crowd and told to call an hotline to get boarded with other companies.
I ender up on a MIA-LGA by American airlines, 8 hrs delay and a 250$ non transferrable coupon to fly frontier again in the following 90 days. Too bad I live in Europe.
Ryanair is golden imho, at worst I got a 50 min departure delay, corrected on cruise.baggage policies are not even that enforced nowadays
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.