[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, i don't know how to start this but i want to change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey, i don't know how to start this but i want to change my life. im a fat fuck, who works as a graphic designer and mostly i just sit at home mastubating. I started to live more conscious and healthier.

anyway i want to start making drastic changes in my life and i want to see the northern lights either from norway or island and discover the nature there. I never moved much apart from the sofa to the kitchen so im new to this. Are there any beginner guids or tips you can give me? I would love to hike aswell for a while to see something of this world.

Help is really appreciated. I dont know nothing about traveling alone.
>>
just some random tips:

check if your passport is valid for at least 6 more months.

google if you need a visa or not. (i assume you're from "the west" so will not need visa for norway)

you're probably starting planning at the best time if you're interested in the northern lights. it's gonna be cold then, so check if you have all the clothes you'll need. (but in general, do not worry, you can always buy whatever you need while on the road.)

plane tickets are generally the cheapest 4-3 months before your departure date.

hiking is awesome, you're gonna love it. don't even think of starting in abroad, though, go on short hikes on the weekends at home already.

traveling alone is the easiest in the sense that you don't have to constantly check with others, so no one to mess with your plans.

norway looks really really nice, good choice.
>>
heads up for norway being the most expensive of all the nordic countries by far

if you want northern lights i would suggest northern sweden or iceland instead

iceland has some pretty nice nightlife that attracts tourists from all across the globe, whereas the swedish north is excellent for hiking
>>
>>1282422
If you're 'Murrican, consider Alaska. It will be a lot easier to get to than Norway. You could even drive most of the way if you want.
>>
>>1282422
just an fyi i went to tromso/svalbard in jan 2017 and never saw the lights in tromso once and saw one tiny (and i do mean tiny) display the first night i was in svalbard and never anything after (this is despite it being 24hour total darkness)

also as everyone else is saying, norway is expensive as fuck, book now if you intend to go in winter as the prices only go higher
>>
Norwegian here who has been to 25 countries. Prot tip, just do it, ofc if you have the money and you are not going to fucking middle east or some ooga booga land. Other than do what it takes to get you there and pack as little as possible while having the essentials.
>>
Fucking do it. I was similar to you a few years ago.

SE Asia and Eastern Asia are good options.

Or a eurotrip
>>
>>1285023
Ah just to note, those are just general travel recommendations, I'm not familiar with northern lights stuff but good luck OP.>>1282422
>>
>>1282422
When I lived in Minnesota you'd see the Northern lights at least once a year. Just go north if you wanna see that shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.