[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, I'm traveling to Bosnia this Monday and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: travelers-cheque.jpg (27KB, 300x129px) Image search: [Google]
travelers-cheque.jpg
27KB, 300x129px
Hey /trv/, I'm traveling to Bosnia this Monday and I'm wondering if I should get travelers checks? This is my first time out of the country and I'm not sure what I should do for money outside of withdrawing money before I leave the US.
>>
(I heard about these travelers cheques in like seventies movies or something? On nineties TV anyway.
Do people actually use that stuff and if so why?)

I am in no way affiliated with bank card companies, but like, just take a card...? There are ATM's all over the place. Check which one of your cards has the lowest fees.
>>
>>1282353
>travelers checks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQpdb2jGgs
>>
>>1282377
lol Why did I think this was gonna be a real explanation of what travelers cheques are. But thanks for the validation.
>>
>>1282361
>>1282377
I figured. My uncle said to order some and I thought I'd double check here.
>>
Are cheques in general even in use somewhere in the world now-a-days?
>>
>>1282392
They're in the US and some parts of south america like Chile and Argentina where you can still pay your groceries with a cheque.
>that's why you have to wait 20min+ at the checkout sometimes.
Anywhere else they got replaced by cards about 15+ years ago.

>>1282383
Just use your maestro/visa/master card at any atm. Eat up the $5 "cash withdraw fee" so you get the bank exchange rate and not some fucked up "money exchange rate" So it's usually way cheaper then exchanging money.. Just pull out whatever is worth $400-500 in the local currency and you're good.

If you travel often almost every bank offers cards with 0 foreign cash withdraw fees, so ask them to hook you up with one.
>>
>>1282392
I use cheques for when I want to make very large payments. The kind where carrying the cash equivalent would be a foolish thing to do in public, but electronic methods aren't viable for some reason.
>>
>>1282353
>travelers checks
>first time out of the country
>Born in 1955
oh my sides
(no disrespect anon)
>>
>>1282443
I'll have to do that. I want to travel more often.
>>
>>1282868
Get a Charles Schwab personal checkings account. They refund all ATM fees no matter where in the world you are from Mexico to Africa. I've had $245 in refunds one month.
>>
Im an American who was just in Bosnia and I just pulled out money at the bus station ATM in Sarajevo.. Just check the card receptacle to see if the ATM is skimmed why the fuck would u use travel checks in 2017
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.