[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anywhere in Asia other than Japan or Singapore I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Is there anywhere in Asia other than Japan or Singapore I can go to where the locals won't hiss "hello sur" at me whilst selling stupid shit?
>>
Siberia
Israel

But you are probably only thinking of east or south Asia.
>>
Taiwan..
Myanmar if i remember correctly
>>
Stay as far away from Hong Kong as humanely possible... what a shithole full of " Would you like a custom suit sir?" every day on every corner.
>>
>>1282236
>Taiwan
Yes, for about 90% of the stores.. but on occasion you get the mainlander owned shop where they follow you around and pester you to death to buy anything.
Just say in my terrible version on pinyi - " Can-Can" which means just looking, and maybe they will fuck off.
But for the most part its a excellent country with friendly people who are not out to hustle you.
>>
have you tried India OP they'll follow you about at first but if you snap your fingers at them they'll be quiet and follow you modestly.
>>
Bangladesh, as far as I've heard.
Also the less touristy Indonesian islands. There's over 16,000 to choose from.
>>
North Korea
>>
>>1282428
>Also the less touristy
Basically this everywhere. Go outside of the tourist zones and you'll only be pestered once in a while. Hell, even in more locals-oriented neighbourhoods of tourist cities you'll be fine.
>>
>>1282445
That certainly was my experience in Istanbul. Constantly harassed in the historic district around the Hagia Sophia and thereabouts, I was left alone when I crossed over to Uskudar.
>>
Any place without global economy: rural, people don't generally know English, xenophobic, sedentary families
Also you'll get hellosurr in Japan and Singapore depending on where you visit
>>
Taiwan +1
>>
>>1282305
Did you even get out of Chungking Masnions?
>>
>>1282543
why do they do this.
>>
>>1282668
>Mong Kok
>Stanley
>>
>>1283356
Both tourist shopping areas.

You should have tried the Museum of Tea Ware or gone for a hike in Tai Tam country park.

If you really must assuage the inner consumer then Causeway Bay would have been a better bet, I go there every day and never get pestered. And it's it's the same shops as anywhere else.
>>
>>1282204
>"hello sur"
Reply with "EXCUSE ME, DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?"
>>
>>1283385
I prefer to use Xhe, ghe, or zhe.
>>
South Korea
>>
>>1283696
South Korea is one of the most, if not the most, polite and clean countries in Asia. This is pretty much the only answer to this thread.
>>
I think it's generally a matter of how tourist-oriented the specific place you go to. In Thailand there were places where I was seen as a walking money bag and others where people greeted me hello, were genuinely interested by me.
I've been to Myanmar, Thailand, Laos and Japan and besides the latter I'd also warmly recommend Myanmar, they are so poor yet so nice, and indeed except a few touristy places I didn't feel uncomfortable there, they even gave ME presents.
In general, every tourist attraction has this relationship where the locals are "exotic" or "service providers" and the foreigners are the "costumers" or in other words "walking wallets".

Also, as an Israeli, I think you could do fine here in that aspect. But Japan's better :)
>>
>>1283935
Jake is that you
>>
>>1282204
Chengdu China was great
>>
>>1283937
I'm afraid not :)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.