[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of moving back home to the Cleveland, OH area.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Cleveland.jpg (418KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cleveland.jpg
418KB, 2000x1200px
I'm thinking of moving back home to the Cleveland, OH area. I have not lived there in 18 years or so. Because my parents divorced, I got the experience of bouncing around quite a bit living with them and other family members in Gates Mills, Euclid, Cleveland Heights, the city proper, Mayfield Heights, Wickliffe, Willoughby, etc. and elsewhere. I have friends all over the city, but I think I have been in Northeastern Ohio maybe four or five times in 18 years. So, I have no fully-fleshed out perspective on it whatsover other than fond memories, biased friends, and family members that aren't that hip or knowledgable.

What's a good place to live in the city or more particularly near the city these days? I ask because a friend of mine has said Richmond Heights and Lyndhurst have gone down the tubes. Another friend said Euclid is starting to gentrify. I hear conflicting things. I think my friends, while my friends, are a little biased.

I need some perspective here. What are the no-go zones of Cleveland? Or the areas in which one would not want to live...aside from the obvious East Cleveland, St. Clair, Wade Park, Flats, Hough, Scovill, etc. the worst parts of the city that are relatively common knowledge.

Oppositely, where would one want to live in Cuyahoga County, Geauga County, Lake County, Lorain County, and/or Medina County? Let's say I wanted to live somewhere safe, somewhat rural, classic Ohio college town kind of feel (Ohioans will know if they visited someone at Miami, Kenyon, Oberlin, etc.), good place to raise a family, somewhat affluent, culture is within reach, cozy living, etc.
>>
Any Greater Cleveland anons?
>>
I live in the Warehouse District downtown. It is pretty cozy and reasonably cheap given the fact that I am a block away from my office/grocery store/etc (my building is in this image).

It sounds like you're aiming to live in a suburb so this probably wouldn't be appropriate for you. I grew up in Hudson which sounds like it would be a good fit. Chagrin Falls is similar. WRA (my high school) is at the center of Hudson and definitely gives it a college town feel, although Hudson schools are also highly ranked.

Cleveland in general has been getting a lot better over the past 5 years. Besides what you mentioned there aren't really any serious no-go zones that I'm aware of. You wouldn't really have any business going anywhere dangerous anyway, although there are rare incidents in Ohio City/Tremont.
>>
>>1281982
Chagrin Falls and Hudson are both lovely. I'm surprised. I left in 98 or so. A lot can change in almost twenty years. A friend told me Richmond Heights, Lyndhurst, and Mayfield Heights are all going down the tubes. It's hard to know what's true and what isn't.

I did a little research last night. I think if I could somehow miraculously work from home or telecommute in general, I would live in Novelty in Geauga Co. middle of nowhere lol
>>
>>1281991
Yeah that sounds terrible to me, but to each their own. I hate driving so having everything in walking distance (or at least somewhat close by) is huge for me.

It doesn't sound like you have much in the way of criteria, and I would assume property values are going to tell you most of what you want to know in terms of school districts/safety/etc.
>>
>>1281626
I'm a dislocated Clevelander myself, anon. Been gone 6 years now and I miss it a bunch. Try to visit once a year, but can't always make it work.

Compared to most bigger cities in the US, Cleveland is super cheap to live. There's great opportunities in the real estate market if you don't mind a fixer upper.

I grew up on the west side but worked on the east side for many years. I prefer the west side, but that's me. Western Lakewood, Rocky River, Westlake and Bay Village are all great places to live, but they're in the pricier side. Strongsville, North Royalton and Brunswick are all nice. On the east side I like Painesville and Mentor on the Lake to the north, or Aurora, Hudson or Solon to the south.

Going farther out, I love Geauga county. Burton or Middlefield if you want the full Amish experience. Medina county is good, but it feels like it's getting built up fast. Chippewa Lake area is still pretty laid back and rural.

Places I'd avoid: Eastern Lakewood, Brooklyn, Brookpark, Berea, Garfield Hts., Eastlake, Willoughby, Euclid

Good luck anon, and Go Tribe!
>>
soft bump
>>
>>1282119
Thanks for the thorough, concise, informative post. A good friend of mine lives in Concord Township and Lake Co. is great. I used to date a girl in college that lived in Waite Hill...also a nice part of town. Go Tribe indeed!

I don't mean to pry, but what makes the areas you mentioned as bad, bad? I could probably use my imagination or do a little research I suppose, but...just wondering.

>>1282011 [Or to any Ohioan, particularly from the Greater Cleveland Metro]
I hear frequently about the opioid epidemic in Ohio. Is it really that bad?

I don't mean statistics so much (which certainly are meaningful), more particularly is it contributing to criminality that in any way affects your life or urban blight or something akin to that? Or is it more the areas of Cleveland/Greater Cleveland/NEOH that are shit have stayed shit that you or I wouldn't go anywhere near unless that person somehow blunder into East Cleveland or the area near Woodland Cemetery?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.