[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would love to travel, but I also probably shouldn't put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: travelling.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
travelling.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
I would love to travel, but I also probably shouldn't put off my career and stuff.

Anybody else know this feel?
>>
>>1281620
Nope I just quit my job and ended a 4 year relationship to travel.

I know that feel, and then told that feel to get fucked.

Have got 6 years experience now though so I will always come back to a job when I want to.
>>
File: 1493893063333.gif (999KB, 245x254px) Image search: [Google]
1493893063333.gif
999KB, 245x254px
>>1281620
I've been trying to get a job for 2 year now. I graduated college then had to move in with my parents for financial reasons. I finally got hired as a stocker at the local grocer and my boss was a massive ass. I had worked two and half months and I got about 2100 dollars in the bank from that. I told my boss to go fuck himself about a week ago and quit, and I'm headed to Mexico. My mom is freaking out, but whatever. This 9 to 5 crap is a joke, i plan on vlogging or writing a book or something. Anything but going back to slaving away for some fat guy who can't get over his power tripping. I plan on drinking coronas and getting a nice pretty senorita gf, so I did know that feel but not any longer.

Don't be a sucker OP, you be you.
>>
>>1281642
>>1281646
That makes sense, I also quit my job

Here's another point of guilt though, my mum

I'm back at my mum's, and lots of my possessions are here. I feel I would be a jackass to go travelling and leave her with all my stuff. I know that she wants to move house at some point, so I'm just leaving her with everything.

Anyone else had that issue? Maybe I should get a job abroad, then I would be self-sufficient and my mum would probably be more okay with it
>>
>>1281620

You can try to strike a balance, might be hard depending on your country though.
I've got 35 days of holidays, which is enough time for me to do some big travels. Basically save up my money and do two long trips every year, as well as regional trips on weekends and such.

Here in Germany we get a minimum of 24 holidays, though the average is higher. I actually convinced my boss to give me 35 days instead of a pay raise because I make enough money for what I want and would rather have the extra time.
>>
>>1281954
Move your stuff into a storage locker.

Bonus: don't pay the rent and some goons on TV will buy your trash
>>
>>1281646
small student debt b/c of scholarships and going to school close to home, graduated early thanks to credits etc
moved back in w parents after college, no rent, chill situation, slaved at a butchers for 3 years and came out richer than most of my friends, taking trips all the time, havent worked in a year. it'll all catch up with me at some point, ill get a tefl thing and move somewhere.
>>
>>1281975
>tfw didn't travel this year, and have about $2.5k saved up
>want to travel, but going to school soon mid-august
20yo here, should I just go somewhere now? I'm saving up to go to Moscow/Europe maybe next summer. I should also do 2 trips like you said.
>>
>>1281620
Yes, so then I started my PhD abroad.
>>
>>1282131

You still got two weeks, why not do a short trip now, maybe something not too expensive, and save the rest for next summer.
>>
I'm in this boat, I wish I could fuck everything off for a few years, or even a month or two, but I'm not really properly qualified for my current job (accounts department manager) and only got it through promotion and a lucky retirement so if I lost it I'd be back on the bottom rung. Whether that should bother me or not I don't know.
>>
>>1281620
I've got three years of professional experience now and I'm going to find a job in east Asia next year
>>
>>1281975
I get ten vacay days in Canada.

What a utopia this is.
>>
>>1282134
where? Im thinking Taipei
>>
>>1282169
I do think about doing it, but I have a wageslave job and my parents will give me shit about it
>>
I've been a corpo-slave for 6 years after graduating from uni. I would go on a 6-10 week trip once a year pretty much but with each passing year I wanted to quit and do something else more and more. I was lucky enough that I could leave for 10 months and come back to my job in the company I work for. So last year I left and went on a work holiday to Australia. Spent 9 months there and decided I don't want to work in really shitty jobs to get a second year visa. Now I'm back home and working again for 4 months and I'm going back to Australia in November, this time I don't think I'll be back. I was lucky that I didn't have any debt and was able to save up quite a lot. I have enough to travel for 3-5 years.

Goal right now is to travel around Oz for a few more months, go to NZ, Fiji, New Caledonia, PNG, and then spend 6 months traveling around SEA before finding a place to teach English for a year. I'm also looking into a few different money making ideas that don't require me to stay in one place. I just want to make enough to cover my trips around the world, don't want to get wealthy off this. I think I'll do this till I'm 40 before looking for a stable career again, hopefully will finish a masters degree by then.
>>
>>1281975
>2 long trips a year
>35 days

Damn I'm not looking forward to reaching that stage in my life, where "a long trip" lasts for about 17 days
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.