[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Romania or Bucharest Which one is better to live in, and which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170604_135433.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170604_135433.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Romania or Bucharest

Which one is better to live in, and which is better to travel to? Is one strictly better than the other?
>>
>>1280721
I'm retarded, I meant Budapest or Bucharest.
>>
Budapest to live in, Bucharest to visit.

Budapest is on a downward spiral, Bucharest gets better...

Clubbing is much MUCH better in Romania if you're into dance music. And it's cheaper. And you have much nicer nature in Romania, abeit real far from Bucharest.
Budapest is more compact, things don't necessarily work, but they tend to work a bit more than in Bucharest.
People's English is better in Romania.
If you're going there to study, your faculty might be world class in one school, shit in the other. So better look at reviews of that.
>>
>>1280787
100% accurate.
>>
>>1280787
Judging from your post, it sounds like Bucharest is better... Its a pretty modern city yeah?
>>
>>1280787
I've been to Budapest 3 times. Everyones english sounded great to me. A waitress even hit on me lol. I've never been to Buharest, but can attest Budapest shouldn't be a big issue with language.
>>
>>1280891

If you're into dance music, clubbing, then Bucharest is better for you.
Nightlife, food, sights are more diverse in Budapest. People tend to be a little more chill in there compared to Bucharest, although that's probably not noticeable if you're not from Eastern Europe.

>>1280913
Oh okay. I mean downtown Budapest everyone speaks English, but not as good as downtown Bucharest.
>>
>>1280787
What about vampires? Do you need to wear a neck-guard at night in Bucharest?
>>
>>1281341
Bucharest used to have many stray dogs a few years back, not sure if that changed at all. So you might want to learn some techniques on how to avoid stray dogs.

Budapest doesn't really have stray dogs at all.
>>
>>1280913
Strange, because when I was there, the people spoke German to me
>>
>>1281357
Dogs are ok, worst I can get from them is rabies and I'm vaccinated against that. I'm more worried about my blood being drained by some giant fanged leech.

Wouldn't at all mind my dick being drained by some hot big-titted chick, though.
>>
Budapest is nice but I remember it as more of a tourist city, not many clubs. IMO Bucharest only has once nice building, but the clubbing scene is much better. I also found that the people were friendliest there. If I were to live somewhere, definitely Bucharest

I also know Bernie sanders used to rant about the wifi being good there
>>
File: 0001a306.jpg (3MB, 4488x3088px) Image search: [Google]
0001a306.jpg
3MB, 4488x3088px
>>1280787
>downward spiral
where did you get that m8? the gastro scene is booming, the general downtown area is crawling with people going from club to club even on a tuesday night, constructions and renovations are virtually everywhere, the streets and parks are getting cleaner and greener by each day, and there's just so much more to do than in Bucharest - do you want to go caving? chill in a 500 year old Turkish bath? visit the world's second largest synagogue? check out one of the oldest zoos in the world? discover one of the world's largest collection of Art Nouveau buildings? ride the continent's first subway? climb the towering ruins of 1,800 year old Roman amphitheaters? take a boat ride on the Danube for 3 euros? see a concert aboard on a Ukrainian stone carrier ship? dance to techno music in a 150 year old abandoned downtown apartment building transformed into a hip bar? you can do all of that in Budapest
>>
>>1282607
I know all of that, and more, still I stand by what I said. As a tourist, it's amazing, but do not go and live there. Healthcare gets worse every day, education gets worse and worse, hepatitis variants on the rise more than most of EU, xenophobia is just bad. And let's not even talk about the propaganda machine, cause foreigners cannot read the hate propaganda anyway. Living almost 3 decades in Budapest should be enough for me to form an opinion.
>>
>>1282615
...living there, and having many foreign friends. Like they would not say in public how bad it is, obviously, but when you don't get served in restaurants in Budapest for being a foreigner, you know shit is not all pretty. (Yes, they kick out foreigners just for being a foreigner, you can try to play it down, but it won't make reality better. Thank the propaganda.)
>>
>>1282617
>>1282615
Jesus Christ, the level of delusion in these posts is even higher than in an average 444.hu sharticle
>hepatitis variants on the rise more than most of EU
>when you don't get served in restaurants in Budapest for being a foreigner
I'd ask for sauce on these if I didn't already know that you're bullshitting, but you can try and provide me with some non-anecdotal information
>xenophobia is just bad
hating on migrants isn't a Hungarian specialty, Romanians hate them too, just not to the same extent as they hadn't had to deal with hundreds of thousands of smelly rapefugees in their capital for months
and if you've meant foreigners as in tourists and normal people who look different compared to Hungarians then you're simply a lying bastard, even though we've been fucked over by foreigners countless of times during our history, we're still one of the friendliest people in Europe - I for one haven't seen or heard of anybody treating a foreigner unfair because of the fact that they were foreigners, and nor does Wikivoyage says anything about this supposed xenophobia you're driveling about: https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Budapest
>>
>>1282642
Nobody said anything about migrants. I mean foreigners visiting Hungary. (Or Hungarians who are confused for foreigners.) If you prefer to have your head in the sand, keep your head in the sand, and wait till it all collapses in you.
>>
>>1282645
give me your sauces anon and help me pull my head out of the sand
>>
>>1282645
>>1282649
thought so
>>
Anyone knows some good/cheap pubs in Budapest?
>>
>>1283259
there are literally hundreds of cheap pubs all along the Grand Boulevard (Nagykörút in Hungarian), the ring road on which the tramways 4 and 6 run

for a more quality experience, check out Anker't, Udvarrom, Grand Dio, Csendes, Központ, Telep, Kuplung or Szimpla Kert

if you're a craft beer fanatic, you should visit Léhűtő, Kandalló and Élesztő

last but not least, my personal favorite is a hidden cellar pub in Magyar utca, near the Hungarian National Museum, called Mélypont Presszó - they have really nice beers and spirits and the place has an amazingly unique atmosphere - it's as if you were drinking at your Hungarian grandmother's flat
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.