[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys, /pol/ack here. My family and I will have 18 days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Flag-map_of_Turkey.svg.png (105KB, 2000x857px) Image search: [Google]
Flag-map_of_Turkey.svg.png
105KB, 2000x857px
Hello guys, /pol/ack here.

My family and I will have 18 days to visit Europe.

Our list of cities consists of Paris, Rome, Florence, Napoli, Venice, Athens, Santorini, Istanbul, Edirne, Izmmir, and Ephesus.

Our travel concept is to visit the most iconic architecture places, scenery and food.

I am not sure about the Turkish cities and days recommended, can you please help me out on them. I will be great to spend the short as possible so we can go to other european cities.
>>
>>1279789
>I am not sure about the Turkish cities and days recommended,
Batman
>>
Why would you visit Turkey?

I haven't been to Paris, but I would not go there now. I've been to Florence, which is full of pretty churches and marble statues, but it's a bit pricey from what I remember.

Venice is lovely. However, around July-August is the peak of tourist season for Europe, so be prepared for crowds.

Rome is like a huge museum. There is so much to see, as it is the fourth-largest city in Europe. Every bit of it is riddled with architecture, good (expensive) food, and history. You want to try the pizza here. Some points of reference are the Spanish Steps, the Colosseum and surrounding area, the Trevi Fountain, and the Pantheon. Along the way, you will find many beautiful churches with their own unique artworks, history, and relics. Additionally, the Vatican is a must. It is huge and monumental. If you are willing to pay many euros to see the Sistine Chapel, the Raphael Rooms, and the Vatican Museum, I would definitely say go for it!

Naples is like a world of its own. I really cannot say enough about Naples. There are so many things in the city and the surrounding area, but first I will address the surrounding islands: Procida, Ischia, and Capri. If you are looking for a way to spend your day with minimal crowds,

Procida is an island with neat views and is easily accessible by ferry. It is a steep, yet short climb to the top of the island with stunning views, colorful buildings, and a history of its own (do not forget to try the island's specialty pastry called "lingua"). Ischia is basically a beach island with many shops and a whole lot of Germans, so it's gonna be a bit pricier, and, if you're going with family, I would not spend the money to go up the castle. It's a nice place to walk though.

Now, out of all the islands, Capri is both the most famous and has the most to do, with stunning views of the whole region that can be accessible by ski-lift. However, it is also a rich-people shopping hotspot in the Capri area of Capri.
>>
>>1279878

A few destinations to cover while you are there are: Monte Solaro (the top of the island), Marina Piccolo, and Villa di San Michele. Expect to drop at least 300 Euros if you are with family and even more if you don't pack a lunch before you board the ferry.

Naples has two distinct parts: Centro-Historico and Piazza Plebiscito. Centro-Historico is the raw and chaotic part of Naples. If you want to try some cheap and delicious street food, Centro Historico is the place to be. Some recommendations for pastry shops and gelato, if you head to Naples are Leopoldo and Gay Odin. Some points of interest you will want to see are Gesu Nuovo, the Duomo (THIS IS A MUST), and the Archeological Museum. Really, though, a trek through Centro Historico is an adventure of it's own. Be warned: the drivers are crazy.

Piazza Plebiscito is the richer part. It is cleaner and more pleasing to look at, but it is not as expensive as Centro Historico. The biggest points of interest here are the LUNGOMARE (awesome views), the Egg Castle, Piazza Umberto, the Basilica and the Naples' Royal Palace.

Now, the surrounding area has many, many things that you can do such as the Colosseum on the outskirts of the city, Pompeii and Herculaneum, and the ALMAFI COAST!!!1!
>>
File: positano_1432630068.jpg (482KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
positano_1432630068.jpg
482KB, 1280x800px
>>1279880

First off, Pompeii is obviously not free. But here's a tip. On the first Sunday of each month, Pompeii and Herculaneum (which is a parking-lot-Pompeii), the Palace, and the museum (maybe) can be accessed for free. I crap you not, anon.

Pompeii is a long walk, and you only need to see it once. If you have family who does not enjoy walking over bumpy cobblestones, however, skip that and Herculaneum.

Now... the Almafi Coast can be driven over. It has amazing views, if your family is willing to drive the narrow and winding road with probably a lot of tour-busses, but it has a lot of cool and unique cities with stunning architecture.

Here's the rundown of it!

Sorrento -a really touristy town on the cusp of the Almafi coast. The prettiest part is both the view of the beach and the town square. It is fun to walk through the town, but, it caters to the tourists too much. Also, by some bridge, there is an abyss. Don't miss it!

Salerno- In this town is the resting place of Matthew the Apostle. The church is beautiful, so don't miss it!

Vietri- It's really a niche town that sells ceramics, ceramics, and ceramics galore. It is not too expensive, and, if you want a souvenir that screams "Naples," do pick up a mug or bowl or something.

Almafi- In the Almafi Cathedral rests Apostle Andrew. Like in Salerno, the church is absolutely beautiful. Though, it does have a bit more to do.

Positano- Haven't seen all of it, because everything was closed, so I can't tell you much. But apparently everyone I know liked it A LOT! This is worth visiting.

Ravello- Out of all the Almafi coast, this has the best views. When you get here, you will want to visit both villas, which are worth it.

Also, I had a mistype earlier in my megapost. It's Galleria di Umberto, not Piazza Umberto.
>>
>Istanbul
Lotsa great places to visit, Bysantian architecture is pretty great. Definitely go to Taksim tho as I've heard it's invaded by Arab tourists. You'll probably check out the authentic/oriental bazaars, spice bazaar etc and several mosques. Bosphorus is great, make sure to taste their "raki".

>Edirne
Have no clue whatsoever yet I recall deep-fried thin layers of layer called Edirne something, it was tasty in Istanbul.
>>
>>1279886

Last, but not least, if you plan to go in September, and not when there are loads of tourists, do spend a few days in Sardegna. It has the most spectacular beaches, which are even prettier than the Caribbean. The roads are very winding, though (more than on t)he Almafi Coast, so be cautious.

Protip: Skip La Maddelena, unless you want to pay for the boat tour.

Do try the many Sardegnan cheeses, like Pecorino Sardo and Sardegnan Romano, though. The pizza is also good, maybe better than Roman pizza.
>>
>>1279880

Also: Foods to try list:

Sfogliatella- flaky pastry
Cornetti- Filled and delicious croissant
Zeppilini/Zeppele - Fried balls of delicious dough
Arancini -Delicious fried rice balls
Fried pasta balls -Filled with other stuff too but enough said
Potato croquettes

Mozzarella di Buffala -It's rare outside of Italy, but it's very commonplace in Naples. Also offered on pizza.

Fried eggplants

Neapolitan cream puffs and doughnuts

Anything with Nutella slathered on it (Nutella is a staple Neapolitan food)

Calamari rings- Fried fish

Another typo:
> Piazza Plebiscito is the richer part. It is cleaner and more pleasing to look at, but it is not as expensive as Centro Historico.

Is more expensive because cleaner. Centro Historico is cheap.
>>
Huddersfield.
>>
>>1279880
>the Duomo (THIS IS A MUST)

I thought Duomo was in Florence, not Naples?
>>
>>1279789
Bring lots of raid
>>
>>1279793
>stolen architecture

What does this even mean
>>
File: 1498359894485.png (460KB, 750x1020px)
1498359894485.png
460KB, 750x1020px
>>1279789
>/pol/ack here.
Yo.
Add Cappadocia to your list.
Don't miss Bergama at İzmir either.
>Edirne
Seems like overextending.
Other than mosques, I don't know anything of significance there. You can choose Antalya over , and check these places.
>http://www.gezilesiyer.com/antalyada-gezip-gorulecek-yerler.html

Ensure that you have a translator around, nobody here knows English.
Don't talk/interract with shitskins. White and lighter Mediterranean skin should be your criteria, first and foremost.
Terrorism/bombings have settled down a lot, only in Istanbul try to stay away from the crowd. Take a walk in Moda, you can even check the islands in Bosphorus.
DON'T leave your woman unattended, not even for a split of a second.
Stay safe and have fun.
>>
>>1279948

Naples has its own Duomo with its own relics. Basically, it's where the miracle of San Genarro happens yearly, but it didn't happen last year.
>>
>>1279995

Basically muslims ripped off the Europeans by passing off European architecture as their own.
>>
>>1279878
cute, naive liberal wimmen from istanbul who'll gargle your superior christian seed like mouthwash
>>
>>1279878
>I haven't been to Paris, but I would not go there now.
Elaborate.
>>
Seems like a good itinerary anon, have fun. I just came back from Florence, a bit pricey and packed with tourists (not necessarily bad thing, i think i took more pictures of qt asian grills in sundress than churches, i should really go to SEA soon) and the city is just amazing, so many things to see! I spent there 3 days, i think they were enough to see the main things. There are super long queues everywhere, buy your tickets in advance when possible
>>
>>1280132
Not that anon but Paris is a complete shithole. Full of cunts, stinks like piss, looks like shit. Has no redeeming qualities except for some filth encrusted architecture built by better men in better days.
>>
>>1280369
As opposed to... 10? 50? 100? 500 years ago? Paris is like it has always been. Huge city full of amazing things, and also full of dirt and hobos. Have you ever been to Paris or are you just spouting memes?
>>
>>1279789

Not sure why everyone is shitting on Turkey so much.

The current government is miserable, but there's still a lot to do and see around the country.

I've traveled there a couple times and saw bits and pieces of every region on my first trip in 2013.

Istanbul is fantastic - you can easily spend four or five or six days seeing the main sights and taking in the local scenery.

Izmir is scenic, but I wouldn't recommend more than a night or two. There are some ruins to see nearby, but the city itself is pretty slow and boring compared to Istanbul.
>>
>>1279789
Visited Turkey 5 times.. Personally I loved Istanbul. I could go on and on about the city. City is huge and has something for everyone o enjoy. No way you won't like it unless you screw up and book a hotel at the slums somehow. All my family and friends (of all ages) did loved Istanbul.

We were a bit more divided on Izmir. Not much too see besides Greek/Roman ruins, most people don't speak English, few tourists, and keep in mind its very very hot in summer. I would Advise 2/3 days for historical venues.

Never went to Edirne but will recommend Antalya and Marmaris which is full of tourist activities besides sightseeing.
>>
DON'T come to Napoli, it's the shithole of Europe, really.
> i live there
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.