[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm flying to Mexico next week (from Germany) and have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1280px-United_Airlines_Logo.png (37KB, 1280x223px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-United_Airlines_Logo.png
37KB, 1280x223px
I'm flying to Mexico next week (from Germany) and have to change planes in the US twice. Both of my layovers are not longer than 2 hours. I have my Visa Waiver and a valid passport for travel. I've read so many bad stories online that I'm horrified my bag will vanish and I will get stranded in the US. Anything I should prepare myself for?
>>
>>1279574
You're overthinking this quite a bit this is very uncommon, however.

>keep important documents and papers in your carry on
>keep cash/cards/phone/laptop with you on carryon

Should be fine with doing those two things
>>
>>1279574
I wouldn't worry about the bag, worry about making the flights.
>>1279676
Also this. Keep important docs on you, I bring a backpack along with my checked luggage for this purpose.
>>
You gon get dragged out, OP.
>>
>>1279688
What happens if I miss one of them? I booked everything with United so it's their responsibility no?
>>
>>1279829
if you miss a flight due to there not being enough time to make the connection then you should head to a united checking-in desk and explain the situation and they should be able to get you on the next available flight (provided you booked it all as one ticket)

if you think your connections are too tight already, phone united customer services and get clarity on the situation and what should happen if you miss a connection

if you are in the immigration hall and there is a very long queue that day/time mention to one of the agents they have floating around before you enter the queue that you only have say 45mins or less to make the connection and they might bump you to a desk straight away

>don't forget to ask or to check that your luggage is routed to your final destination on the tags
>>
>>1279574
Thr drug scanners can you picowaves to scan through your body, so putting the pills up your bum won't hide anything they will see a red outline on the screen around your buttocks
>>
>>1279688
>>1279574
>>1279857

>worry about making the flights.

I had a similar situation:
1) Shipol - New York
New York - Dallas
Dallas - Mexico D.F.

First one took 1h to reach the border officer, even if it only transit, you have to be cleared + you have to go through TSA again. Found a notice (blue white paper) from the TSA later, that my bag had been searched.

Second one is chill, I did get to Dallas and just had to wait for my next plane without any further hassle since it was a domestic flight

Third one: Filled out migration card on the plane. On ground, within 10 minutes i reached the mexican border officer - didn't even ask me anything. Waited for my taxi 20 minutes dough
>>
>>1279857
this is decent advice, but I'd advise against calling reservations. They will charge you a change fee. .Airports are way more lenient because they deal with misconnects all fucking day.

T. Airline fag who routinely deals with UA.
>>
>>1279574

The only problem you might encounter is not having enough time to make your connecting flight.

In the United States, if you're flying in from overseas, you have to clear customs and immigration, pick up any checked bags, re-check them, and then go back through security for your connecting flight.

Domestic to domestic is fine, but international arrivals with a connection can prove a pain.

Fair warning - I just spent about a month in Mexico and am currently in Tanzania.

Clearing Mexican customs was a massive fucking pain. The line was painfully slow, even though there weren't many passengers ahead of me. Took about 2.5 hours to get out of Benito Juarez and into an Uber.

Immigration officer didn't ask me a single question besides "How long are you staying?" though. Seemed like they were giving everyone from other Latin American countries a big hassle.
>>
>>1280868
Just t amplify a bit in case OP is still around -- you do have to get your checked bags, clear customs, then recheck them, but the recheck is easy, there is a drop-off point just beyond customs.

If you have any duty-free bottles you picked up before boarding in Germany, or a bottle of water or something, be aware that you will have to clear security again before going to your first plane in the US (you ill not have to do this at you second flight in the US) So stick anything that will not clear customs into your checked bags before rechecking them.

What is you first point of entry into the US? Some airports are not as bad for getting through passport control than others.
>>
>>1279574

Baggage handler here. Make sure you're early. I don't give a fuck if you think you'll make it in time. Budget some extra minutes because I've seen late guests check in at the nick of time and make the flight, but their bag doesn't travel through the belt system fast enough. Check in a minimum of an hour before your flight.
>>
>>1281999
former rampie here. this is good advice. especially if youre making a connection between carriers without a baggage agreement.

Ive had bags miss because I've had to take a shit, but I made up for it by running myself wild delivering interlines.

The alternative, your bag goes but you dont. I havent worked the ramp in almost a decade, and I know carriers are getting better at offloading bags, but most of the time your bag will be on your connecting flight before you clear security on a terminal change.
>>
>>1279574
Which part of Mexico? Lets hang out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.