[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>11:30am meet friend during coffee break at work >"anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Laos-Backpacker-Bus-Tours.jpg (377KB, 1500x429px) Image search: [Google]
Laos-Backpacker-Bus-Tours.jpg
377KB, 1500x429px
>11:30am meet friend during coffee break at work
>"anon do you wanna move to Laos?"
>I don't man know that's kind of a big decision
>"come on dude it'll be great"
>ok ill think about it..
>12:15pm meet friend dicking around at work
>"anon, come on lets just do it"
>ok
>13:00pm book flights

Tell me I'm doing the right thing /trv/.
>>
sounds like you got bullied into doing something you dont really want

And not just visiting but moving? For what purpose?
>>
>>1279557
>For what purpose?

We've got friends living out there already and it beats spending winter in our town.

Plus we're both qualified English teachers with a couple of years experience. So it seems like an interesting place to pursue the TEFL meme dream.
>>
>>1279560
Sounds fun, do it
>>
>>1279556
What visa are you going on, I would be up for joining you. I was supposed to be running away to Europe this morning but the cowardly little prick who was supposed to be coming with me bailed on me at the last minute after I quit my job and told my family I was leaving. Up for going pretty much anywhere, just need a few bros to go with.
>>
>>1279568
Just do it solo, it's not hard to meet people as an expat. Where were you thinking of going?
>>
>>1279568
Oh yeah visas lol

I'm used to being European and just being able to work in other countries, I gotta find this stuff out.

The people I know who've been living out there don't seem to have had any difficulties getting visas anyway.
>>
>>1279570
How old are you and your pal, where are you from and what do you do for a living? I am interested in joining your plan if you will let me come with you.
>>
>>1279571
>>1279571
We're three bros heading off on an adventure I don't think they'd wanna bring an unknown third party into it desu. Even if it is someone from a Laotian finger painting forum.
>>
>>1279560
>So it seems like an interesting place to pursue the TEFL meme dream.

Why do you say it's a meme?
>>
>>1279556
Don't you need a visa or something? Feels like you might get denied entry. . .
>>
When are you going?
>>
>>1279658
To fit in on 4chan.

If you hadn't already noticed, you are expected to hate and make fun of EFL/English teachers at all opportunities. Call them scum, failures, losers, that kind of thing. To really fit in you should call it a "fake job" or "not a real job" or "a waste of time".

It gets you a lot of cool kid points especially from miserable office workers/salary men/STEM majors who are depressed because their lives are boring and materialistic as per the American dream/societal norms dictate they should be.
>>
>>1279556
yo it's illegal to fuck local women who are not your wife so keep that in mind
>>
>>1279694
>>1279658

as a TEFL teacher, I can attest that we do get a lot of shit. The american tourists I meet at bars automatically look down on me once I tell them what I do. I know it stems from jealousy because they have to return to their miserable lives at home.
>>
>>1279708
OP here I've been a TEFL teacher for two years now, i love it and its the best job I've ever had. I get a kek out of calling it a meme tho.
>>
>>1279707
>it's illegal to fuck local women who are not your wife
wat
they cant possibly envorce that
>>
>>1280048
guys i just got out of a Laos prison. I spent ten years behind bars because I got a handjob from a local gril, its not worth it!
>>
>>1279560
Sounds like a cool idea. Do you guys know which area you'll be in? I spent a couple months Laos last year and can possibly give you some advice.
>>
>>1279556
If you don't have anything to lose, then why not go? Sounds fun...
Good on you op
>>
how much would you get paid? i almost did the tefl meme a few years ago and it looked like almost everywhere in sea you get about 3-4x the average local salary.
>>
>>1280048
it probably isn't but you should watch out for women trying to scam you since they could get you thrown in jail unlike in china where you just pay some fee
>>
>>1280269
As far as i know Vientiane
>>
>>1281656
Ah that city is not great to stay in. I could not imagine spending all winter there. But maybe i am blind to its charm.
>>
>>1281656
lol have travelled through laos and lived/worked in SE asia and I honestly couldn't think of a worse city to choose
>>
>>1281677
>>1281680
What is the best city for English teachers then? (not OP)
>>
>>1281688
Luang Prabang, I guess.
>>
>>1281689
Yes i 2nd this, that city is pretty dope.
I still could not imagine spending months there, but different folks different strokes
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.