[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Lisbon? Is it a good travel destination?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png (88KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png
88KB, 1200x800px
What are your thoughts on Lisbon? Is it a good travel destination? Anyone of you lived there for a longer period of time?
>>
>>1279465
>Is it a good travel destination?
How do you define "good"? If you like good food, good wine, warm sunny weather, walkable cities with interesting history and architecture, then Lisbon is a good travel destination. It's relatively cheap by European standards has arguably the sunniest weather of anywhere on the continent, and there's a pretty good bus/train network to help you explore the rest of the country and Spain, too.
>>
>>1279484
Oh and if you're a burger, you might like to know that prostitution is legal in Portugal.
>>
Is there a lot of Muslims or Portugal is too poor to have them?
>>
>>1279516
I have been to Lisbon in February and there are almost no women wearing headscarves like here. It felt so refreshing. They have a lot of Africans though.
>>
>>1279516
Nah. In Portugal there aren't many muslims. But in cities like Lisbon, you can see a number of Africans (mostly Angolans etc).

All the refugees Portugal got escaped to other countries like Sweden etc :^(
>>
>>1279484
What qualifies as good Portuguese food?
>>
>>1279575
Natas
Bacalhau a bras, or anything bacalhau really
>>
>>1279484
What this guy said. I really enjoyed my time in Portugal.
>>
>>1279465
There is no circumstance where going to Lisbon is better than the South of the country (Lagos to Tavira) or the North (Porto)
>>
>>1279465
I'm from Lisbon. Do you need some help or advice?

And yes, I think it's a good destination!
>>
>>1280592
The southern beaches are full of drunken working class English tourists on package vacations. Central and northern Portugal are great destinations though, and Portugal as a whole has a good rep on /trv/.
>>
Hey, folks!

I'm gonna spend a year studying in Lisbon (Lusófona University). From these neighborhoods, which ones are the best one to live?

Campo Grande
Alvalade
São João de Brito
Lumiar
São João de Deus
Nossa Senhora de Fátima
>>
>>1281260
Forgot to mention I'd like a 'have-it-all' neighborhood, with lots of commerce, public services and transportation - that kind of neighborhood you only leave to visit people or documentation stuff
>>
>>1281260
Where are you from? What are you studying I am interested in Uni of Algarve and Uni of Lisbon, but sadly their programs aren't recognized internationally, so it's only a pipe dream.

I
>>
>>1281260
Forget about Campo Grande and most of those locations. You want to go central. If you can't afford to go central, wait until you do. Almada is pretty cool. Belem and Alcantara too.

See map: https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumiar#/media/File:Lumiar_(Lisboa)_localiza%C3%A7%C3%A3o.svg

Source: Me, that accidentally spent a year in Sete Rios *vomit*
>>
>>1281250
Wrong country, anon
>>
I was planning on spending there a week but I think I'm going for Toulouse instead
>>
I'm also interested in going to Lisbon and I am learning Portuguese in school, but they teach the Brazilian dialect. I've read a lot on the internet that there isn't really an issue with communication between those dialects, but I also hear that it's one way (i.e. Portuguese understand Brazilians more easily bc they watch a lot of Brazilian soaps) and have also heard IRL that some continental Portuguese speakers cannot understand Brazilian Portuguese speakers at all. Any real life experience with this?
>>
>>1282113
The accent is hugely different (they don't even sound like the same language sometimes) but vocabulary and grammar is about the same. I learned real ghetto Salvadorense Brazilian Portuguese and with some getting used to I can understand most european Portuguese. Think of it as if a black guy from a Detroit hood went to Scotland
>>
>>1279575
Chicken piri piri.
>>
>>1279575
Bacalhau, dried then rehydrated cod with potatoes. Served with boiled greens. Outstanding when properly done.

Octopus with potatoes. Actually eaten at christmas. Very weird to me, but good.

Pastel de nata. A lovely pastry.

Fantastic strong espresso coffee served on most street corners. Very cheap (less than a Euro I believe)

But the thing about Portuguese food, is that it is very fresh. Their fish restaurants are second to none. (pic related. Ponto Final, Alfama, Lisbon)
>>
>>1282113
Everyone in Portugal can understand Brazilian Portuguese. Just don't learn Azorean "Portuguese", we actually need subtitles to understand them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.