[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm student and I'm slowly thinking about living abroad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Fotolia_24440917_XS.jpg (84KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
Fotolia_24440917_XS.jpg
84KB, 346x346px
I'm student and I'm slowly thinking about living abroad.
So,expats of /trv/what are your experience ? Why did you leave ? How is your life now ? Did you had to learn a new language (for job,...) ?
>>
>>1278992
Just pick your place wisely, no 3rd or 2nd world countries, not a big city with a lot of crime

I Personally would only ever study abroad in countries like:
>West and Central Europe (excluding Switzerland for obvious reasons)
>Australia and New Zealand
>canada and US, if you arent from the US
>Japan or South Korea

Your best college experience will come from Australia/New Zealand and the US, your worst will be asian college, and Europe will be enh, I enjoyed studying in Salzburg a lot, but the college experience was shit, I barely went to class or worried about that shit, most of my time was traveling around the local area and going to different countries with friends i made

Also studied for a semester in Auckland and mother fuck those people know how to have a great college experience, suprisingly better than an SEC college, plus their accent is awesome
>>
>>1279029
I forgot there wasn't flair here.
I'm from Europe (belgium): I thought about Sweden or us.
Sadly I'm not good enough in my grades to be accepted for erasmus.
Since I'm in medicine study, I'll have to know the language of the country to be able to work.
But yeah it's difficult to chose a specific destination: I went to Stockholm and liked a lot the city. For us I just went on holiday in California with family some years ago and I didn't like it
>>
>>1279101
Sounds like you are a C-grade student who wants to study medicine abroad.
What the fuck makes you think this will make life easier.
>>
>>1279125
Anon, in my post I say I'm thinking about living abroad (after graduation). It's just the first person who replied who talked about studying abroad.
>>
I made a big leap from one of the poorest European countries to one of the richest thanks to my parents. The change was big, but not impossible to overcome. The only other country I ever visited before that was the neighbouring one during summers because of it's coastline. The language was an easy barrier because I have experience in two dominant European Languages which are widely spoken in said country, and I just finished integrational school and now I am gonna go to college in September. It was a helluva ride, but I fit into society like I'm not a representative of the animals in my country. I'm a very high minority and I stand in a very good position by my standards. It was kind of sheer luck I ended up here, immigrants from my country are rejected 80% of the time unless they came seeking for pre-determined work or to study abroad. I couldn't be any happier that I am living here today. You're even luckier if you come from a developing country, your chances are way higher if you're ready.
>>
>>1279166
Hey, thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm glad you're in a happy situation now !

When you say: "You're even luckier if you come from a developing country, your chances are way higher if you're ready." Which chances are higher ? To be accepted by local folks or administration ? Or something else ?
>>
>>1279208
Both actually.

A lot of students these days are trying the same as me to get accepted, but they don't accept them on admissions, only on direct payment.

The only people these days that visit the rest of Europe come to "work on black". That means they are working without the government's permission and could be detained, fined and deported if caught.

The only safe method to gain citizenship right now is to spend 3 months 2 times a year in the EU for 10 years straight and hope to god they give it to you. It's still a 50/50 chance.

That's what I mean about luck, I've been accepted by the admission with no hassle, and after I spent 3 years here without being forced to return for overstaying my permit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.