[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NYC is the best city ever, but looking to relocate. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6869.jpg (3MB, 2643x2486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6869.jpg
3MB, 2643x2486px
NYC is the best city ever, but looking to relocate. It's a bit too pricey, and the winters are a bit too cold. Food, nightlife, public transport, and everything else is on point. What's the closest I can get without spending an exorbitant amount of money?
>>
>>1278882
>best city ever
I prefer müchen or new orleans t.b.h. nyc is gentrified and boring now
>>
Philly is probably the closest thing to NYC, but it's still pretty different. It has much lower rents than NYC, but help keep it that way and do some bargain hunting instead of renting an overpriced apartment just because it's cheaper than NYC prices.

I'm a New Yorker and I love Philly, but I don't like Boston that much.
>>
>>1278885
NYC is still a lot of fun if you know where to go. If you're into nightlife, at least.
>>
>>1279822
>New York
>Philadelphia
>Boston

Please share with a Midwesterner what are the differences between these cities, like personal insights, not just population.

I only have the most sterotypical view of people from the East coast, enlighten me please.
>>
>>1279839
>New York

By far the most urban of the three, with densely populated neighborhoods even in residential areas. Has the best and most vast public transit system of the three. Highest housing costs of the three, but Boston isn't too far behind.

NYC also has the most energy of the three by far.

>Boston

I've only been here on a weekend vacation, but it wasn't exactly my cup of tea. It kinda feels like an overgrown college town. Most polished of the three cities. Nightlife, from my experience, didn't blow me away.

>Philly

Least expensive to live in of the three. I like this city a lot, it has a lot of soul. Nightlife scene is fun, although I haven't experienced that much of it. It's made up of mostly rowhouses, as opposed to New York where mid rises and high rises apartment buildings are everywhere. Well not literally everywhere, but are very common in NYC.

These observations are nowhere near exhaustive of course, just a few things I observed.

Also, bars in Philly and Boston close at 2AM, and in NYC they close at 4AM, that makes a difference in how the nightlife scene is.
>>
>>1279839
oh and as for the people, it's hard to answer that because there's a wide range of people in each city.

But NYC is the most diverse of the 3, followed by Philly, followed by Boston.

Also, I think NYC has the hottest chicks but that's an opinion. You can find chicks of pretty much any ethnicity and subculture.
>>
>>1279822
LA and even Las Vegas are both way more like NYC than Philly desu
>>
File: 1501286087642.jpg (163KB, 507x712px) Image search: [Google]
1501286087642.jpg
163KB, 507x712px
>>1279849
>hottest chicks
And they all want Chad/tryreese
>>
>>1281162
Not at all. LA is suburban as fuck and has palm trees and nice weather year round, Philly is way more similar to NYC.
>>
>>1281236
That's funny as fuck

But no, you definitely don't need to be a Chad or Tyrone
>>
>>1278882

NYC needs to be a good city before it can be the best city.
>>
>>1281442
t. Redneck flyover
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.