[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have experience with accessing western websites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: GreatFirewallofChina-1-940x580.jpg (87KB, 940x580px) Image search: [Google]
GreatFirewallofChina-1-940x580.jpg
87KB, 940x580px
Does anyone here have experience with accessing western websites like Gmail and Youtube from China? Currently, I have the SoftEther VPN software installed on my computer before traveling there, however, I have been reading some reports that the VPN can be detected and blocked
>>
>>1278232
You pretty much have to get there to figure out what people are using for vpn. It may change from day to day, and of course the country doesn't advertise which one will work.
>>
>>1278232
>open remote desktop on pc
>rdp in
>all solved

whoa
>>
>>1278232
I had a funny situation in china once.
I've been hitchhiking through the country and at one point I really had to check a couple of things on the internet, some polish email sites among them, as I'm from poland.
when I was visiting said site, the computer would just completely crash - got turned down. It happened thrice, each time after a minute of browsing or so.
On the fourth computer I managed to finally estabilish a connecton long enough to send my emails.

man, that situation was intense
>>
Damn I'm in a similar situation. I just realized that I probably can't post on 4chan while I'm there. Maybe productivity will go up significantly but I probably can't ask anything here for a while.
>>
>>1278395
Funnily enough 4chan isn't blocked, or wasn't the last time I was there. But everything google is, meaning recaptcha won't work, and you can only post with a 4chan gold account.
>>
>>1278398
how about the legacy captcha?
>>
>>1278398
When was the last time you were there? I am pretty should it would get blocked now. I have a VPN so I can access 4chan fine. It's just I'm not paying for a 4chan gold account so I can't post with it.
>>
>>1278399
No idea. I have 4chan gold anyway.
>>1278400
About a year ago. Could have been changed since then, obviously.
>>
>>1278401
I'm trying to think of a way to circumvent this. Let's assume 4chan isn't blocked in China for whatever reason. I can get verification just fine with the VPN. Would I be able to post if I just switch the VPN off after verification?

All this effort just to shitpost. I might as well just enjoy my 3 week vacation.
>>
>>1278404
Pretty sure the verification won't work if you switch IPs between verifying and posting. If you have VPN why not use it fully? Alternatively, if you can afford a trip to China, you can afford 20 shekels for the 4chan gold account.
>>
>>1278435
The VPN's IP addresses get blocked on 4chan because it's probably well known enough that someone shat it up. I'm not using a top secret one.
>>
Get a sim card from Hong Kong, you can access everything from that. Including all of the websites blocked in China.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.