[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm doing a solo travel tour of Europe after I graduate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: BERLIN0415-cafe.jpg (728KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BERLIN0415-cafe.jpg
728KB, 1600x1000px
I'm doing a solo travel tour of Europe after I graduate from college next summer.

Basically I plan on hitting 5 cities:

1. Chicago to NYC
2. NYC to London
3. London to Paris
4. Paris to Berlin
5. Berlin to Istanbul

I intend to stay for a week in NYC, London, Paris, and Berlin but two weeks in Istanbul.

I'm open to adding more locations, as I will have two months off to do whatever the fuck I want before I start my job.

I want to take one suitcase full of my shit, but not much else. I will be using airbnb for lodging but am open to hostels. Most of my trip will be solo until I arrive in Istanbul, whereby I'll be with my friends.

Does /trv/ have any recommendations?
>>
File: xd.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
xd.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>1278168

>tour of Europe
>1. Chicago to NYC

I get what you mean, but still, lol.

Honestly /trv/ will probably hate your list since you're only going to mainstream locations. Nothing particularly wrong with that, bit don't you want to see some more unique locations? Berlin to Istanbul is also skipping out on SO MANY cool places.
>>
>>1278181
>see some more unique locations
no, not really trying to do anything crazy right now. I'm planning a basic bitch tour because I've never really been to Europe and am starting from basics.
>>
Skip Chicago to NYC you will save almost as much money as you will spend in Europe with exception of London. Go to Amsterdam and ditch your plans with intention of taking bus to Berlin. You will meet friends in Amsterdam. Stay at White Tulip hostel. 4 days in Amsterdam and you will move on.
>>
>>1278186
Do you have any recommendations for cell phone setups. I can get my phone unlocked for overseas travel. Is there a single sim card that will give me telecom access to the entire EU?
>>
>>1278191
Get a T-Mobile phone in US, no contract and service will automatically transfer to local service abroad with no additional fees. It was awesome
>>
>>1278198
This is what I have currently. Good to know. Thanks.
>>
Your tour is nice OP, and I think you're right in just seeing the most touristic and mainstream areas, nothing wrong with that.

Be sure to check some places in southern europe too, like rome, venice or florence, or madrid or barcellona, and one place in eastern europe too

I think that one week for each city ia fine, but id you want you could do 5 days instead, so that in the end you can add a last final city with the days you saved. Good luck!
>>
>>1278168
>only going to major cities
Are you chinese?
>>
>>1278224
Hello! Welcome to /trv/! We are an accepting and culturally diverse board. We do not like to see any discrimination, especially towards Chinese and Muslim ethnicity. Please consider this when posting. Thanks.
>>
>>1278168
From Paris go check out Spain and Italy before you go to Berlin.
>>
File: alexjonesmemeface.png (1MB, 901x1200px) Image search: [Google]
alexjonesmemeface.png
1MB, 901x1200px
>>1278279
Hello! Welcome to 4chan. We like free speech, dark humour and banter - this is one of the few places where you can still get away with it. Please consider this when posting. And have a goddamn thicker skin or fuck off to Reddit. Thanks.
>>
>Berlin to Istanbul

you're not moving very far there
>>
>>1278168
Skip NYC. Maybe you really wanna see it but still... you're presumably going to have limited opportunity to get to Europe in the future. Not really a place for spending the weekend if you're US based. But NYC will forever be a short flight from you. Unless you have a chick who wants to fuck you living there, skip it!

So take that week you plan to spend in NYC instead go straight to London. London, Paris and Berlin all have awesome - there's a reason they're "mainstream" locations. But take the extra time and go off the beaten path a little bit. Maybe the British or Irish countryside? Hike all day, drink in pubs all night - communication will be no problem. If you're a socially competent American, English people will love you.
>only Muslims and edgy teenagers with inferiority complexes dislike Americans there
And all Irish will love you.

On the way to Istanbul, I'd suggest checking out East Europe too. Maybe hit the beach somewhere?
>>
>>1278168
Istanbul is not geographically in Europe, nor is it culturally European.
>>
>>1278224
That's what most people do
>>
>>1278561
It's architecture and history and food scene is waaayy more interesting than many major European cities, I definitely would recommend it to anyone doing a Eurotrip. Plus Turkish Airlines is quite good value.
>>
>>1278168
>A whole week in Berlin
>Only going to major locations. that mostly look the same. and have a similar european capital feeling to them
Why?
>>1278372
Döner is better in Berlin anyways.
>>
>>1278372
OP, you should know that flying from Berlin to Istanbul is a common route taken by terrorists traveling to fight in Syria, so if you're American, you'll get some unwarranted attention and possibly have your bank account suspended.
>>
>>1278279
>We do not like to see any discrimination, especially towards Muslim ethnicity.
You are definitely on the wrong website matey
>>
I'm into electronic music and interested in checking out the Berlin club scene. Anybody who's been there care to comment? I heard getting into clubs is difficult if you don't speak German
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.