[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything I should change on my next trip to Italy? I'm about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 479740-1409912907.jpg (162KB, 656x480px) Image search: [Google]
479740-1409912907.jpg
162KB, 656x480px
Anything I should change on my next trip to Italy? I'm about to book it right now.

I'll be going to school for the fall and spring but I'm going for a week and a half with my mom before it starts.

2 Nights in Milan, then 2 in Turin, afterwards go to bellagio for 1 day, then to bergamo for 1.

Verona for 1 day and opera the arena, venice afterwards for 2 days, then 3 days in florence to end it.

Wouldn't mind some suggestions.
>>
>>1277725

I wouldn't mind changing venice for rome as well, but I'm not sure if 2 days would be enough.
>>
>>1277725
Skip Milan, nothing there.
>>
>>1277738

I'm flying in there though, Milan is the cheapest city to fly into in the north region of italy. I'm interested in the cinema museum there and seeing the last supper.

Can I slim it down to a day minimum and then do 3 days in rome and 3 in florence?
>>
File: 1200px-Sicily_map.svg[1].png (310KB, 1200x743px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Sicily_map.svg[1].png
310KB, 1200x743px
gonna piggyback this thread

I am planning to visit Italy early next year (January or Feb)

I'd like to visit Sicily and see if I can track down any old distant family members. Anybody been? Can you recommend any experiences?

Equally happy observing old structures and architecture or local geology and landscapes.
>>
>>1277725
Not ba dof an itinery, as suggested i would only spend 1 day in Milan, also Bergamo is not really worth unless you have specific reason to go there.
Personally i think you should to some Emilian cities but I'm biased since i come from there, Bologna and Ferrara or maybe Modena are worth a visit (and god-tier for food)
>>
>>1277815

I was thinking bergamo cause I really do want to see some of the countryside if you can call it that of Italy, it's on the way to Verona which I"m going to for sure and I cancelled venice which just makes things more convenient.

I'm going to look into all 3 of those, which do you think would be the best for one day? I like art museums a lot and food, atmosphere all important.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>1277821
Bergamo is alright but not exactly "countryside", in that area i would just visit sabbioneta or little towns near garda lake. But Bergamo or Brescia are both nice just not particularly peculiar unlike Verona.
I would visit Bologna since its city centre is kind of unique and has various niche museums.
>>
>>1277806
Best place on earth, seriously. I've been there twice and would call it the best Mediterranean island you can probably go to. What do you need to know?
>>
Italian here. Your itinerary looks nice, but why spending time in Bergamo? I've never been there, but its not really a touristic city.
>>
>>1278145

Ah well maybe I worded it wrong, wanted more authentic untouched italy? It looks lovely has some castles i think, didn't want to pass it up.
I'll try to do a day in bologna if i can.

Guess i was thinking less touristy and congested.

>>1278222

It just looks extremely beautiful, I suppose that was my idea behind it. I'm trying to arrange my trip so I end up in Verona on the 24th so I can see Aida, aside from new york, in America our classical scene is extremely weak for opera ballet, etc. So I put a few days in some of the less touristy cities.
>>
>>1278200
I know very little, so any general info is nice

Mostly thinking about transportation; the mental image I usually have is that Sicily is a chain of tiny villages with mule-drawn carriages. Kidding, but do they have a reasonably developed bus/train system?

And I am also curious about the cost of traveling there - what are some things I can do to keep expenditures low? I would like to splurge on a couple meals, possibly.

Finally, how was it communicating with the locals? Were they friendly? What level of Italian/Sicilian should I have practiced to be polite?

thanks
>>
>>1278302

Not the guy you're quoting, but yeah sicily has a decent train and bus system. The cost of living is generally lower than in other places in central and northern Italy. Very few people will speak english, even the people who work in tourism, so if you have a grasp of italian or bring a small dictionary with you things will be easier.
>>
>>1277736
Is Venice all that? Would it be worth staying in Venice for 3 days?
Only thing I know about the place is that its half under water.
>>
Also gonna pop in here... I'm doing a week in Tuscany in September for my honeymoon. Total surprise for the lady, she's well traveled and I'm renting a car. I'm wondering if staying in private apartments in remote villages like Matrone about an hour north of Lucca, or San Zio west of Florence is going to be more special and beautiful, or just a pain in the ass? Going to wineries is going to be important, but I also want to have good Italian food be accessible, and from what I can tell, most small towns only have one restaurant. What do?
>>
>>1278528

Venice is amazing for "first impact" but im my opinion get weary after a bit because all the tourists and crowds. It can be worth 3 days only iff you plan well, like visitng the little islands, Burano and such.
>>1278554
Small villages are a good idea if you are looking for less touristy zones. It would be hard with trains but with car you can go anywhere. Generally all of Northern Tuscany is fucking amazing, some restaurants are tourist traps but generally is hard to find bad food.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.