[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, Wrapping up the last few days of a month-long trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (10KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 274x184px
Hey /trv/,

Wrapping up the last few days of a month-long trip in Mexico. Have had a fantastic time and am sure I'll return next summer, but Friday marks my departure away from Latin America and off to Africa.

My question is this:

I have a 10-hour connection between New York and Dar Es Salaam in Cairo. As an American, I should be able to easily obtain a visa-upon-arrival for $30.

Is it worth leaving the airport? Can I do much? Is getting out of the airport and into the city fairly painless? I'm planning to spend 10 days in Egypt at the end of September, so I'm not particularly pressured to get everything done all at once.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
>>
cairo is a craphole my dude, would not recommend. not the worst place i've been to but i sure as shit would not go back.

t. been to cairo for a week
>>
>>1275823

If you're not going to answer the question then please don't waste my time.
>>
Bumping - my flight is tomorrow!
>>
>>1275813

I went to Cairo about a year ago for 4 days.

Cairo is well worth a day out in. The pyramids and sphinx are the most famous bit, but they're also quite a distance from everything else in Cairo.

The city centre is your classic buzzing Middle Eastern city, and the Khan el-Khalili bazaar next the al-Azhar mosque is a really cool place to be in, especially if you've never experienced a Middle Eastern city before. The Egyptian Museum next to the Nile is arguably the best ancient Egyptian museum in the world, too, and is also in the centre of the city.

Taxis are very cheap in Cairo, but the traffic is also pretty terrible, so it's easy enough to get around in. Getting into the city centre takes a while in a taxi, so maybe only do one or two things in the 10 hours.
>>
>>1275813
Do you work anon?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.