[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What other forums or websites do ya'll use besides /trv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: FAL-002.jpg (347KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
FAL-002.jpg
347KB, 1000x667px
What other forums or websites do ya'll use besides /trv/ for travel info and banter?
>>
I shitpost in the comment section of the youtube vloggers I follow
>>
For travel banter: /trv/ only

For travel info: /trv/ for uncommon questions, Google search "[country name] + food/sights/things to do/activities/safety tips" for general inquiries
>>
I google the fuck outta everything... Rough guide, youtube, wikitravel. Google images and lonely Planet. Then I street view walk up and down any towns in the country that appear interesting. . By then I have exhausted the location and no longer feel the need to travel there.. saved thousands on tickets.
>>
>>1275811
/trv/ is NOT the place for banter, you're thinking of /int/ perhaps.

I use wikitravel or tripadvisor, redditt is surprisingly terrible for travel info I get better shit from /trv/ why is a mystery to me.

Personal blogs like thiccspoiledcunt I mean youngadventuress are OK.
>>
>>1275881
You're wrong. /trv/ is for banter. Just not the banter you're use to. It's more of a subtle banter.
>>
>>1275811
/r/travel
/r/solotravel
thorntree
>>
>>1275912
thorntree used to be so good, lonely planet used to be so good. the bbc destroyed a good thing and I have no idea why.
>>
>>1275971
Try cumtree, it's what Australians use.
>>
Couchsurfing groups have good conversations going on, but it's slow. It's also slow here.
Where can I find fast conversations about travelling?

I don't even know what I'm looking for, at the moment I'm just saving up for my upcoming trip and I'm trying to sooth my travel withdrawls by reading about travelling.
Fuck I hate being stationary.
>>
>>1275881
>can't handle the bants
>implying Reddit might be good for something
checks out

>had a look at that travel blog you mentioned though
>my oh my, she is thicc isn't she
>>
>>1275881
>>1275912
Reddit really is surprisingly terrible for travel info. r/travel is utter fucking shit and r/solotravel is filled with "I did it! I finally overcame my fears and went!" and then a bunch of comments going "yay! Good for you, OP!!"

Also, the same fucking places are posted all the time
>>
>>1276197
Eh, I think it's alright if you are just looking for inspiration. Of course there are a thousand posts of Cinque Terre and Lake Bled and that poster Oaxaca_Mike shilling his business but ever once in a while you get nice stuff. /r/solotravel is ok for inspiration as well but a lot of people are just whining about their anxiety or whatever.

Generally most travel forums seem to be dogshit though. It's always people looking for validation and if you dare to critize anything about their vacation and viewpoints they freak out and get in long arguments why Honduras is totally just as safe as big cities anywhere in the world and how you totally can travel the world for $20 a day.
>>
>>1275811
Man I miss Alina Li. Career cut way too soon.
>>
>>1275881
agreed
>>
I just use Google other than this... I'm contemplating on the Local Guides, thing. I might as well just take notes there.

I lik /trv/ with all its shortcomings.
>>
I only use this place and word of mouth desu. It's done me great, good discussions and I'll continue doing so until shills ruin it.
>>
>>1275811
None, they're all full of retard questions like 'how do u get visa to australia' or 'where can I get weed in ibeza'.
I don't even travel much, I just come here for the bantz
>>
I really appreciate /trv/ for what it is. Honestly 4chan has a way of creating great boards when it comes to niche stuff. If I want to get an animal I check /an/, and it's 100 times better than all the forums and blogs you'll find when googling. Same with /ck/ and food
>>
>>1276751
/ck/ has some serious mods, I can respect that.

Honestly yeah /trv/ is best tripadvisor gives more details but a lot of their info is out of date. Check wikitravel first, then come to /trv/ to inquire about details.
>>1276041
She's in NZ at the moment, I know she's always trying to raise money for future travels, if she sold the dirty sweat stained panties from Egypt I'd give her $50.
>>
>>1275811
ID90, cranky flier Tnooz
but im an industry dork
>>
>>1276751
4chan was really great for hobby boards when it still was relatively small. It's all gone to shit now that it's a mainstream website, but the relatively unpopular boards are still decent enough,
>>
>>1276884
Yeah, you definitely have to use a lot more filtering to weed out the pol-talk trash and just general idiots these days. But I agree, the small ones are still OK.
>>
>>1277040
You say poltalk like it's a small subset of people. Pol views are literally the mainstream default view now.
>>
>>1277102
>mainstream default view
kek, not even on 4chan
>>
>>1276753
>if she sold the dirty sweat stained panties from Egypt I'd give her $50
kek
>>
>>1275811
Planetware and Samuel&Audrey
>>
>>1277118
except, they are
>>
>>1275814
can you recommend any vloggers?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.