[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to Washington DC this week. Problem is, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: free-things-to-do.jpg (41KB, 415x332px) Image search: [Google]
free-things-to-do.jpg
41KB, 415x332px
I'm going to Washington DC this week.
Problem is, I've been there over a dozen times by now and have seen all of the monuments and most of the museums.
Is there anything cool and easy to miss within the metro area?
Really good places to eat?
This is also my first time going where I'm not part of a group of my family or anything.
>>
>>1274776
Go to a museum you wouldn't normally care to.

You haven't been to them all.
>>
>>1274776
Georgetown
Alexandria
Dupont Circle

Really nigger, if you just go to the mall you're missing everything
>>
>>1274805
What's there to do? I was probably gonna check out Dupont.
>>1274778
So like the African American museum which apparently takes forever to get into and nothing else.
>>
>>1274810
Georgetown is a hip enclave with lots of stores, cafes and the shit.
Dupont pretty much the same. Nightlife on weekends. Farmers market on Sunday
Alexandria is great for colonial architecture and stuff
>>
>>1274903
Alright cool, thanks.
>>
>>1274903
>>1274810
Combine both, I doubt the lines are that long but it'll be easier with a cup of joe, or if you're buzzed.

I'm not much of a shopper but if you are that's an option.
>>
>>1274776
just read washingtonian magazine like other locals and do things you like to do based on exhibits and events happening
https://www.washingtonian.com/

Plenty of foodie and shopping choices. Go collect your world passport for foods you always wanted to try, from the bahn mi or best pho in town, to some huitlacoche, to the best steak, some hot pot or fugu, vegan nightmares, ethiopian, lebanese, best burger, best cupcsakes, coffee, donuts, or places the president ate once, whatever floats your interests. If you are a collector, you can be sure you will find that vinyl, antique instrument, ancient map, or military oddity. Just spend some time in the neighborhoods, one at a time, from live music and coolest bar to the shops or the views. Workout like a local...this is great city for running trails, kayaking on the potomac, sailing at sundown, or doing a walking tourist of a historic street.
>>
>>1274970
>>1274952
Well shit, definitely a lot of options. Thanks!

I'm not going to be here that long for now but I will be back in November with plenty of time to kill.
>>
>>1274776
>dupont
>georgetown
>Ustreet
>union market
>eastern market
>navy yard
>fish market
>old town, alexandria
>clubbing scene--echostage, u street music hall, flash, soundcheck, etc., etc.

thank me later, faggot
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.