[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi all, yesterday I became a CELTA certified teacher and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hi all, yesterday I became a CELTA certified teacher and I'm looking to travel and teach English in Thailand. Does anybody know where a good place to start is in terms of looking for a job there? I'm only 19 and thus have no teaching experience besides the mandatory 20 hours that I needed to complete the CELTA course. Will I still be able to find a job there or am irrevocably fucked?
>>
Have you considered Vietnam instead of Thailand? Wages are basically double with similar (if not a little cheaper in Vietnam) cost of living. Most people I know teaching in Thailand work their ass off and can barely afford to travel in their holidays. I think it's different if you have experience and get a better job but for a noob I think Vietnam is the way to go. In Vietnam it's not uncommon for people working in Hanoi or Saigon to be able to save between 500-1000USD per month while living a super comfy lifestyle and with a CELTA you would literally find a job in those cities within an hour of getting of the plane if you wanted. Lmk if you have any more questions
>>
>>1274417
Props for actually getting a CELTA OP

I've met plenty of ESL teachers are scum who don't have any passion for teaching, they don't have any qualifications whatsoever and coast along in Asia. Hearing stories about when they are screaming AT the children to shut up makes me want to deck them in the face. They have no classroom management skills and put no effort into improving their skills as a teacher.

Good luck and god speed OP.
>>1274996 is right about Vietnam
>>
I want to teach english in another country but I've a misdemeanor because I put up with my malignant relative too long. Am i boned, anons?
>>
>>1274417
>I am a native english speaker so I can teach in another countries it must be easy right

top kek I can't wait to see your face when you realize it is not that easy
>>
>>1275071
He didn't mention "easy anywhere in his post anon, do you have trouble reading?
But once you know your students and get a routine it does get easy for the most part.
A celta is a step in ESL that a large % of people doing those gigs don't acquire. So he's miles ahead of them in terms of preparation and expectations.
>>
>>1275020
>they are screaming AT the children to shut up makes me want to deck them in the face. They have no classroom management skills and put no effort into improving their skills as a teacher.
Lel, this is me. I couldn't care less about the kids I taught. Most of the time I just fucked around on my phone, and slept with all the other teachers.

Good times.
>>
>>1275777

Based godly trips says this man is the king himself
>>
This is the only reason I regret I'm not anglo

Living and working abroad and getting paid just to teach your dumb language to a bunch of kids, you guys really have it so easy. Meanwhile, no one wants to learn hungarian :'(
>>
>>1275777
My boss fired a dude like you for playing Pokémon Go while teaching. He was an insufferable bald cunt too, was checking his phone all the time. He lost his contract bonus and return flight home. Later he did the same thing at his next job and got fined a few hundred bucks for not reporting his job switch to the government. Glutton for punishment I guess. He was coasting along ESL for 4 years, hopping from contract to contract and didn't speak the language at all. I always wonder about those losers.

Take note OP, if you're teaching in a place where behavior like this is tolerated >>1275777 it's probably a stressful and shitty gig. Do your research, find a respectable school, ask to interview with current employees and the person you're replacing, why they're quitting, etc.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.