[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I'm moving to new mexico for a few months, what is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

I'm moving to new mexico for a few months, what is there to see outside of Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
>>
What part are you moving to?
Its a huge state.
>>
>>1274144
I am not quite sure if you are a fan of "Better call Saul" but the shooting for the 4th and final season will start in september in the albuquerque area. Stand ins and spectators are welcome.
>>
>>1274189
Nearish La Cruces
>>
>>1274213
Not the cool end of the state.
Silver city area and the mountains nearby are great camping.
Juarez is perfectly safe now in my opinion and super fun.
>>
>>1274144
I live in Abq!
Really I think new mexico has to offer good outdoors experiences. We have pretty nice mountains. Other than that, it's nothing special. We have good beer I guess. If you're into hiking or backpacking, I suggest Wheeler peak(north NM) and the Sandias which overlook Abq. There is a cool place called the blue hole which is basically just a super deep pool of natural water. Petroglyphs are also cool and there are a lot of old native american historical places.
>>
>>1274328
>>1274328
This
NM is a super outdoorsy state. Outside magazine is based in NM.
Other than that there is good regional food and interesting architecture.
It has a flavor that is not like any other state but there is not a constant stream of entertainment.
Also an old man hid a 2 million dollar treasure a while back somewhere in the northern half.
Two people have died trying to find it so thats pretty fun!
>>
File: muerto.jpg (265KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
muerto.jpg
265KB, 2048x1536px
>>1274144
Some of this is in SF and ABQ, but worth doing.

Science history is cool: Los Alamos (neat up on the mesa); Trinity Site is open two days a year to visit the first Ground Zero (I think Oct 1 is the next); Nuclear Museum; didn't get to Alamagordo, so missed the Space Museum.

And there's other stuff like Georgia O'Keefe museum, lots of Pueblo stuff, Roswell (if you like the tacky tourist thing). Hiking historic trails, etc.
>>
OP is a clown. Nobody goes to the American Southwest for the cities. It's all about outdoors activities and enjoying nature, .ie if you're a fat fuck who is is gasping for breath after walking up a flight of stairs then maybe New Mexico is not for you.
>>
>>1274535
I said outside of Albuquerque and Santa Fe, that means not cities really
>>
go see the meteor crater
>>
>>1274144
>What is there to see outside of Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
A fat Mexican woman's hairy ass spread out on your motel bed. I have always loved N.M. it's a beautiful place with warm comfy people.

Enjoy some hatch chilies and visit Roswell. Learn about bomb history or mining.
>>
>>1274309
>Juarez is perfectly safe now in my opinion and super fun.
Seriously? I thought that city was gone
>>
>>1274213
As other people have said, most of the attractions that appeal to tourists are going to be in or around ABQ or Santa Fe. Las Cruces isn't really tourist friendly, but it's bad to live in.

Mesilla is a nice visit if you're into history. It's a surprisingly historic little town, that still mostly looks like an old west town. I lived there for a while and liked it. There's also a fair amount of things related to the Camino Real in southern NM if you're interested in more history. Actually, a lot of what I know in NM is history based, since it had to do with my education and why I was there.The NMSU campus might be worth a visit if you want to visit the museums (the museum in town itself are pretty good, too). There are some pretty good hikes in the Organ Mountains area. White Sands is also close and is worth a visit. There's lots more nature further away from Las Cruces (Gila national forest, Bandelier, Lincoln, etc.).
>>
>>1275717
Shit, I mean "not bad to live in."
>>
>there are people on /trv/ who live in NM

what is this bullshit?

South sucks but check out the TorC hotsprings, ruidoso is pretty but full of okies in the winter, Gila and the Malpais are a national treasure. Honestly if you're into exploring and have a somewhat capable offroad vehicle you can explore pueblo and backcountry roads for months and never see the same thing. The best part about NM is the wide openness and somewhat untouched feeling you can get when driving through one of the little shit towns like Vaughn or Mora.
>>
>>1275710
>Seriously? I thought that city was gone
No offese but, how fucking retared are you?
>>
>>1274144
Just drive to Arizona or Texas. NM is trash. The people there are trash. The towns are trash. Spent a semester at NMT in Socorro, it's trash. Only good thing in that down in the diner. ABQ is nice, but only because it has an airport that gets you out of the state.
>>
>>1275822
oh my god lol I've heard so many college people say that about socorro and the diner
>>
>>1275822
>>1275822
If you went to college in Socorro then you my friend are the trash.
NM is hit or miss. Some parts are a bummer and some parts are amazing.
Both interstates go through the most boring parts.
So many nice drives in NM but the interstates just suck
>>
>>1274144
Oh shit I was just about to make my own thread, wassup OP I just moved to Albuquerque.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.