[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have advice on Spanish-language courses in Latin America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (10KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 258x195px
Anyone have advice on Spanish-language courses in Latin America?

I've spent about three weeks in Mexico and absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I leave next Friday for Tanzania and won't be back in the United States until January, when I'll resume taking university courses.

My tentative plan is to obtain a CELTA in spring (my university offers month-long certification courses) and then spend all of next summer, May through late August, doing an immersive 20- or 25-hour-per week Spanish language class.

Thinking either Mexico (CDMX or Puebla), Guatemala (Antigua or Xela), or Colombia (Bogota), with preference for CDMX or Bogota.

Can anyone give me some insight on what to expect? How much did learning Spanish help you?

I want to do the Peace Corps + a master's degree after I graduate, and I know you need a fair degree of Spanish proficiency for the PC's Latin American programs.

Also, I'm 24 and paying out of pocket, so I don't have an unlimited budget funded by mommy and daddy.
>>
Yo man, I've been studying Spanish for about a year and i would say I'm intermediate. I'm moving to Mexico in about a month to teach english, so i think we are doing the right thing my immersing ourselves in a Spanish speaking country.

Start studying Spanish prior to arriving where ever you take the course, so you can go further with the language. As for courses i don't have to much advice for you, but since your taking a CELTA/TEFL course, why don't you just teach english in Mexico or something? For the language center that i am going to work for offers free Spanish course.
>>
>>1272841

I have to resume my studies at the beginning of September so I can graduate.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I imagine I wouldn't be able to find a teaching position that'd last only for summer.

At any rate, I currently earn enough from freelance writing that I don't really need to teach on top of that.
>>
https://archive.4plebs.org/trv/search/text/mexico%20tanzania/

sure are a lot of posters doing mexico-tanzania, is there a name for the route?
>>
>>1272858

That's literally just me, I'm a pretty frequent poster on /trv/.
>>
File: mexicofc.jpg (26KB, 272x339px) Image search: [Google]
mexicofc.jpg
26KB, 272x339px
>>1272847

Ahhh i see, maybe study Spanish as an elective then? Learn as much as you can, then after you graduate you can teach english abroad and learn Spanish. My rule is i can't come back until I'm fluent.
>>
>>1272875

Already took Arabic as my language elective several years ago.

I'm doing this to have fun as well as learn something new. I hardly spend money on activities other than travel or motorcycling, so I don't mind funneling some of my income towards an immersive Spanish course.

Most of the programs I've found between Mexico, Guatemala, and Colombia are priced between $120 and $200 per week, which I could pretty easily afford for at least two or three months.

I've done a ton of backpacking since 2013 and am more or less looking to travel abroad, with the caveat of maintaining some stability. While I lived in India alone for a couple years, I got bored without having a defined mission or 'purpose.' I thinking staying in one place while learning Spanish would be a great way to expand my perspective while also being productive.
>>
File: Btqj1ICCMAAW1Hd.jpg (39KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
Btqj1ICCMAAW1Hd.jpg
39KB, 600x589px
>>1272891

Right on man, Spanish is a fun language to learn. I wish you the best and i hope you find a sick immersion course. Latinas are my motivation, brown girl friend master race.
>>
I have heard good things about the antigua schools.
Also a cool expat city
A few years ago when I was researching this, it was the cheapest option
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.