[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ me and my gf want to travel to Orlando in October

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: orlando.jpg (102KB, 650x325px) Image search: [Google]
orlando.jpg
102KB, 650x325px
Hey /trv/

me and my gf want to travel to Orlando in October this year.
We we're about to book the flight when we learned of Huricane season.

Can someone explain if, and how this could affect our trip?
Some websites say that Orlando is on a large dry streak, and some websites say this year will be brutal.

The trip will be 10th-25th of October this year, and we will be mainly going to the diffrent parks and seeing america in general.
>>
>>1272767
>We we're about to book the flight when we learned of Huricane season.
It's a non issue most of the time by October.

>Can someone explain if, and how this could affect our trip?
Hurricanes come, usually only last a day or two tops. And you know at least a week before hand, most hurricanes start forming and have a projected path. You'll know ahead of time, most airlines will also cancel flights and refund you if there is one coming.

>Some websites say that Orlando is on a large dry streak, and some websites say this year will be brutal.

Every year is "this is the big one ANDREW 2 is coming BUY INSURANCE GO TO HOME DEPOT ETC"

>The trip will be 10th-25th of October this year, and we will be mainly going to the diffrent parks and seeing america in general.

You'll be fine, just prepare to be underwhelmed by Florida
>>
>>1272775
Thanks for the reply, we're from the Netherlands, so we are pretty used to having shit weather for 80% of the year.

Worst case scenario and one hits while were there. does this mean a shitty rainy day where we will still be able to visit a mall or whatever. or will we have to stay bunkered down in some shitty hotel cellar for hours?
>>
>>1272781
Depends on the catagory, but most generally last a day or two tops. If it's bad a bunch of places may close for a day or two. By October it's highly unlikey you'll get one.

You can basically check on hurricanes here for most of the year http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
>>
>>1272767
>Some websites say that Orlando is on a large dry streak, and some websites say this year will be brutal.

Grew up in a hurricane zone in the south east. It's true that there is a dry spell of hurricanes, but every year the media blasts the same shit over and over.

>This year will be horrible!
>This year will have the most powerful hurricanes ever!
>This year there will be more than ever

It's nothing to worry about especially that late in the season. Hurricanes as soon as they hit land usually just hit and go. At worst a day might be rainy and windy, some locals do hurricane parties with cookouts. Cat 5's are bad and do some serious shit but those are highly unlikely to be seen near you that time of the year.
>>
I hope you and your friends check our Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios, OP.
Worst case scenario, bring a poncho or umbrella.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.