[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going on uni exchange next year in the first semester

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: b_AllSoulsquad.jpg (208KB, 1600x550px) Image search: [Google]
b_AllSoulsquad.jpg
208KB, 1600x550px
I'm going on uni exchange next year in the first semester (northern hemisphere so Aug-Dec-ish) I'll be 21/22. I'm from Australia and mostly considering Europe. Where would be the most fun?
>>
>>1272494
narrow it down mate.
>>
>>1272579
As a person who has only vacationed in Europe I'd personally say Czech Republic. It's a good mix of the comforts of western Europe while maintaining the lower prices of Eastern Europe.
>>
File: DSCF1525.jpg (4MB, 4896x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1525.jpg
4MB, 4896x3264px
What are you studying?
What are your priorities/preferences when it comes to language/architecture/history/food culture/party culture/prices

If I had to make a general recommendation I'd say the Netherlands. Lots of small super nice university cities, good mix of quality/cheap when it comes to food and partying, they speak English, nice architecture and history, etc.
>>
>>1272494
Your university will have a list of institutions you can go to. Share the link or make a shortlist and offer something more specific than "fun".
>>
>>1272494
Leuven is great place. Huge international community, bars heaving with people all week, but a properly good university as well.
>>
>>1272579
At the moment I've narrowed it down slightly to
>Scotland-family
>Finland-looks nice and the people seem fun but apparently quite expensive
>Netherlands- all round seems like a cool place to go- culture, buildings, people etc.
>Italy (specifically Milan as there's a uni there that offers a lot of English subjects)- fairly central to Europe, food, architecture

>>1272606
Okay thanks, I'll start looking further into the Netherlands

>>1272581
Sweet, I'll check that out as I wouldn't mind somewhere cheaper
>>
>>1272606
And studying finance and economics

I'm not huge on partying but like to go out a bit, cheaper is better but I'm willing to pay more for a better experience, as long as the uni has English courses I don't mind what the majority of the country speaks, desu any architecture is going to be more impressive than Australia
>>
>>1272842
Italy, are you crazy?
>>
>>1272899
Italy can be a good experience for this and there are good universities. Plus, he'd have way better food and weather than the Netherlands, Finland and Scotland.
>>
File: perugia-3-crop.jpg (406KB, 960x430px) Image search: [Google]
perugia-3-crop.jpg
406KB, 960x430px
>>1272924
I don't know how many italian universities offer many english classes (I guess Milan has a lot regarding fashion, design and economics). OP really needs to tell us what he studies.

Anyway there are some good universities for foreigners, the main one is the John Cabot in Rome. If you specifically want to study italian culture and language Perugia is a good choice (also the city is top comfy)
>>
>>1272944
Some engineering courses at Politecnico di Torino are in english. I'm pretty sure universities in Pavia and Bologna have english courses too. But you're right, without OP telling us what his studies are we can't help much.
>>
>>1272944
>>1273085
Uhm
>>1272843
>>
>>1272494
berlin for sure, best nightlife in europe
>>
>>1272843
Ok, cool. Then my recommendation stands, perhaps with the addition of Lund university in Sweden because of it's strong student life and culture. Finland is also a good option, though the country itself is a bit.. gray.
>>
>>1272842
Scotland was fun for me, but i was good at rugby and that helped a lot, also edinburgh was such a cool city to live in. Combine that with awesome nature in the Highlands and a ferry to Ireland and I would 200% study there again

>>1273141
Berlin is shit, expensive, has weird ass fuckers, and a lot of Muslims
>>
>>1273128
>>1273085
>>1272944
If he studies finance and economics then Milan might offer more. The Bocconi university is private and expensive (for european standards) but very well known and well established for economics
>>
>>1273165
Yeah I was looking at Bocconi
Cost of tuition doesn't matter because you just pay your usual fees to your uni (Which in Australia goes on government loan)

>>1273163
Okay sweet, I had a friend recommend Lund so I'll look into it more. Grey? As in the weather etc. or just dull?

>>1273164
How were the people in Scotland? The few I know my age are all rowdy fun guys to hang around
>>
>>1273228
I loved them, they were so fucking unique and stereotypically scottish, also if you don't like to drink a lot of beer, do not go, I must've drank my weight in beer every week, but thats mostly because rugby players love to drink for no reason
>>
>>1273228
Grey in many senses. I don't want to shit talk Finland because I do like the country, but I've met a few foreigners who did exchange there and they said the same.
I don't know, I'm realising that this is probably just my own prejudice/stereotypes so don't listen to me.

>Lund
Cool! I'll show you around if you decide on coming here.
>>
>>>1273141
>Berlin is shit, expensive, has weird ass fuckers, and a lot of Muslims
Expensive? Maybe if you're from Eastern Europe
Wierd shit? Yes but that's why the Nightlife is so good, name another city where it's normal to have orgy rooms in clubs
Muslims in Muslim areas yes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.