[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What country in SEA is the easiest for legally renting and driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6196.jpg (303KB, 736x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6196.jpg
303KB, 736x549px
What country in SEA is the easiest for legally renting and driving a motorcycle? A good friend of mine wants me to go with him on a trip when he graduates grad school in December and I am pretty well versed in this area of the world but not so much on the legalaties of driving and renting.

I would like to do Indonesia however with all of the islands and all something like Vietnam and Laos may be simpler, again I have no idea about which countries are the easiest for renting motorcycles.
>>
Nobody cares about the law. Local insurances might not work properly, so don't crash into others.
Having a international drivers license is recommended, however they usually don't care about a motorcycle license.
Try 'motorcycle rent [city]' on google to have a good impression.
Not everything is online.
Longterm rent is cheaper.
Cops in Bali like to stop foreigners to get bribes, but they don't do that in Java.
Usually you shouldn't be bothered by police but check it out online, some areas in S-Vietnam might be tricky in terms of cops.
You can rent everywhere some kind of chinese motorcycle, getting a proper bike might be difficult.

Crossing boarders with bikes can be difficult, get information ahead.
I would recommend Laos, North Vietnam, Sulawesi, Sumatra, maybe Borneo, maybe Myanmar(more banned areas due to fighting than expected, not everything is properly listed online).
Go to all the national parks, driving there can be fantastic and they will be your highlights.

Java and Bali are not bad either, I would recommend Sumatra, Borneo(Malaysia and Indonesia) and Sulawesi however instead.

Always get a local sim card with internet, it's worth it and like 1$/card, 1$/GB, sometimes LTE.

You can buy helmets there BUT GET PROPER RIDING GEAR AT HOME!

Don't ride more than 5min with sandals and swimming shorts, at one point one might fall and even superficial scratches tend to heal worse than at home in my opinion.
One accident might finish the trip.
>>
Seems very unsafe. I would personally not do it.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.