[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey peeps, I'm currently in Sarajevo chilling for a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: mao5sj5p66ix.jpg (158KB, 1158x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mao5sj5p66ix.jpg
158KB, 1158x1200px
Hey peeps,
I'm currently in Sarajevo chilling for a few days, I was planning to head to Belgrade then go south to do Kosovo, Montenegro and finish off in Tirana. But one of my friends just came back from Albania and said it was unbearably hot. I know this is not the perfect timing to do a balkans trip, but should I stick with my rough plan or make my way east to Sofia and finish in Bucharest? I'm doing a solo trip and havent booked anything besides the couple of nights I'm spending here. I'll mostly be back home by the end of July. I'm all up for suggestions.
>>
I was there last summer though had a studio with a/c. It would not be loads of fun marching around during the dog days.
>>
Don't expect Romania and Bulgaria too be much cooler right now. The entire Balkan peninsula is facing a heatwave.

I suggest you stick to your plan and, if the heat continues, do some hiking tours in the mountains of Montenegro where temperatures are expected to be more bearable. Durmitor is pretty spectacular. Maybe try rafting in the Tara canyon.
>>
>>1271620
Guess you're right. I've just been comparing the highs and lows on weather forecasts and it just seemed a bit cooler than Albania etc. I just don't wanna have to take a plane somewhere else and stick to something reachable by bus.
Today was hot I had to come back and go out around sunset. I don't do too good in the heat.
>>
Waiting for more input. Kinda can't make a decision yet.
>>
im in saranda rn and it's okay past 4 pm
depends what u plan on doing in albania?
>>
>>1271878
Probably of no help, but here in central Europe the heatwave is finally subsiding. It was over 35 degrees in Austria and Switzerland this weekend, now it's thankfully quickly falling to around 25.
>>
>>1271880
Don't know. I just show up to a place and decide what to do there. Besides drinking raki, what do you suggest to do in Albania?
>>
>>1271979
you can hike in the northern mountains
then visit tirana, il buy you beer
hit the beaches in the south riviera
don't bother exploring cities other than tirana, unless u want see antique looking towns in wich case check gjirokastra in the south
>>
You can expect 30+ until Wednesday here in Belgrade.
>>
i dont see how heat is an issue seeing as you're travelling on the coast.

and belgrade isn't too bad, especially if you're on the sava
>>
>>1271979
also check out Porto Palermo Beach in Google maps

was there today, small nice beach with a castle in 5 min walking distance

recommend it mostly cuz most other beaches in South are packed with vacationers whereas this one was almost empty and quiet
>>
>>1271611

Just make sure to enter Kosovo through Macedonia or Montenegro. Don't go through the Serbia as the Serbs don't recognize Kosovo's borders and you won't get an exit stamp from Serbia
>>
>>1272137

*Don't go through Serbian side
>>
File: wolotschek.png (304KB, 421x364px) Image search: [Google]
wolotschek.png
304KB, 421x364px
>>1272137
>Don't go through the Serbia as the Serbs don't recognize Kosovo's borders and you won't get an exit stamp from Serbia

Well it is not 1999 anymore. The issue was - and still exists under certain circumstances - that if you enter Kosovo not from Serbia, you have no entry stamp from Serbia (only the blue one from Kosovo). So when you continue to Serbia and they check, they will assume you entered the country illegally - since you have no serbian entry stamp.

As mentioned in the first years after the self-proclaimed independence it was a bit tough but since 2009 most border crossings from Kosovo to Serbia (back and force) are without problems - given that you have an EU passport. Chill grossings are for example at Bela Zemlja, Kamenica or Podujevo.

With that said, you will encounter problems if you are crossing from northern Kosovo into Serbia. In particular from Jarinje or Brnjak for example. Those are car crossings. So you will be stopped, the car is being searched and if you have no stamp you have to go to the border patrol office. They fill out a form with your personal data, which you have to sign at the end and you have to pay a fine of 25 euro in cash.
>>
>>1272185
I have a shitty passport, anon. I plan to take a bus from Belgrade to Kosovo. i don't think I'll face problems since I'll have an entry stamp for when I crossed borders into Serbia.
>>
>>1272239
Not to worry. Going from Serbia to Kosovo won't cause problems regarding border crossing. Same goes for Crimea. Coming from Ukraine into Russia, chill. The other way around bans you from entering Ukraine.
>>
So here's the plan
I booked a bus to Belgrade, gonna spend three nights then go down to prishtina. Is there any other cool cities to check out? Then I'm gonna take a cheap flight from Macedonia to south of Sweden.
>>
File: IMG_5854.jpg (4MB, 5406x3628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5854.jpg
4MB, 5406x3628px
>>
>>1272252
>Same goes for Crimea.
The border between Ukraine and Crimea is closed for most regular travellers actually. The only feasible way to get in is by air travel from Russia or the Kerch ferry.
>>
In Belgrade now. 'Tis tolerable. Heading either to Prishtina or Skopje next.
Day trips, tips from my trusty |trv|ellers are always welcome.
>>
>>1271611
Anyone ever been to Kosovo? I'm heading there end of year
>>
>>1274209
Cold.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.