[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it to buy train tickets within Italy in advance using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Trenitalia_logo.svg.png (47KB, 1200x416px) Image search: [Google]
Trenitalia_logo.svg.png
47KB, 1200x416px
Is it worth it to buy train tickets within Italy in advance using this website? I'm going to Italy in a week, and I wonder if the prices at the rail stations would end up being higher.

Also should I be worried about trains being full/running out of tickets?
>>
it's only worth for high speed trains, if you find offers get them because at the station is always full price. regional trains' fare are calculated on kms so not really worth it.

>trains being full

depends, going from the city to the beach in summer they might be, the first and the last train especially, if you want to get those ones maybe book the ticket, if you are more flexible then don't.
>>
>>1270584
Thanks, that was helpful.
>>
>>1270575

Check also the other Train company, ITALO
Sometimes the prices are a bit cheaper, especially for the main cities

http://www.italotreno.it/en
>>
>>1270575
>Also should I be worried about trains being full/running out of tickets?
regional/intercity trains have no ticket limit
>>
>>1270647
What's the run down on train hoping in Italy ?
>>
>>1270651
I never heard of anyone hopping trains here.
>>
I was in Italy last week and travelled a distance of 270km in north central italy.

On Trentitalia website it said cost would be 35 euro but take 3 hours (with quick frecciarossa train).
Bought solely regional train ticket instead at the station for 12 euro but took 4hrs 30mins.
>>
The site tries to goad you into buying the expensive high speed trains, but if you refine the search you can see there are cheap regional ones too. The price is exactly the same if you buy at the station. As for train hopping, you can try your luck and travel without a ticket but if you get checked and you don't have it the fine is like 50 Euro plus the price of the ticket. I don't know about hiding aboard freight trains but I guess they're monitored at the station to avoid people climbing on them
>>
>>1270575
>in a week
Well, you're shit out of luck if you're trying to find any discounts; you should have looked one month ago
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.