[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is gonna sound super cliché and all that but is there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
This is gonna sound super cliché and all that but is there any jobs that you can travel in. Im not talking about some deadend 'freelance photographer' or something, more like a real job. I have some mental block where I can't stand being in one place for too long, I get really antsy and anxious thinking about it. I really just want a normal solid job where I can move around the world. Any help?
>>
>>1270489
Idk about round the world but it's pretty easy to become a trucker in US. Idk about the EU, but that could be cool too,
>>
>>1270489
Contract IT jobs, indeed and other job sites always have IT jobs with some kind of required travel. Maybe not around the world but def in the US, I was at the point doing about 75% travel during my current job.
>>
One of my old co workers said her husband travels a lot working for iron Man, the sporting goods company. Apparently he travels the US and sets up shops at different athletic events. She said they're always looking for new people. I imagine the requirements aren't too stringent but obviously you'll have to deal with customers.
>>
>>1270489
Freelance photographer.
Forget about people paying for your trips around the world until you rack up enough work experience at home to be worth it.
Maybe directly in transport - trucks, ships, planes. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>1270489
Showbiz.
>>
I travel a lot of work (90% international/10% domestic).

I am a consultant for foreign companies that want to enter the US market. Typically large companies with over $250M in revenue.

My role for the company is to find new clients and sign them. Therefore, I go to the client's office locally and meet with them in person at least once, but typically twice.

My clients include furniture, medical device, aerospace, automotive, food & beverage, and textile manufacturers.

I usually travel one/two weeks a month visiting multiple clients and sometimes over 3 continents on one trip. Thankfully the clients pay for it so I usually fly first class and circle the world once every two months at least.

It's a good job for a 26 year old, I'm good at what I do, but it's challenging to handle my relationship with all the traveling and working 70+ hour weeks when I travel. Sometimes I fly her with me for a week because she can work remotely.

Recently I did a JFK>SAO>CDG>SIN>SYD>JFK over the course of a week and a half and it's tough man.

For example, I'm with a wine producer in Italy on Monday so my girlfriend and I are in Tuscany for the weekend, returning to JFK Tuesday.

Good luck finding what you want but be careful what you wish for.
>>
>>1270489
I was in the Ironworkers union for about 15 years. Once you complete a 4 year apprenticeship you can boom out (travel) around the U.S. and Canada. There is a hotline you call to inquire about work around the country. There are international jobs as well. You have different pay scales plus great benefits/retirement. In expensive cities your take home pay can be from around $35 an hour to 50, while lower paying cities will be around 25 an hour.
That's just Ironwork, you could check out laborers, pipefitters, or boilermakers as well.
>>
>>1271479
What kind of Degree do you have? I have been looking into some consulting firms to do traveling work.
>>
Project Management Officer here, specialized in Portfolio and Program Management (at a global consulting firm). Can sign up for international roles whenever I want. Worked in Paris, Madrid, Dublin, Frankfurt and Nice. Living in Amsterdam.

I am more moving into leadership roles, but "support" roles in project management don't require face to face communication.. allowing you to work from anywhere in the world. We had people manage full program operations from across the world for 9-12 months without issues.

I think you need to find larger corporates that encourage personal growth from working globally.
>>
>>1271514
Do you know of any companies like yours who will work with Veterans or Reservist?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.