[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everyone! I'm planning a trip to Europe next year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2863.jpg (63KB, 674x446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2863.jpg
63KB, 674x446px
Hello everyone!

I'm planning a trip to Europe next year for my honeymoon. We initially decided on Rome, Paris, and Amsterdam. However, with the rise of refugees and terrorism in Paris, I'm slightly hesitant about us traveling there. Therefore, I have a few questions:

1. Is the refugee problem really as bad as they're saying in the news?
2. If it is that bad, what are some alternatives for Paris?

Thanks! Seeing as this is my first trip to Europe, any additional advice is always welcome!
>>
>>1269724
It depends on what you expect. If you think Paris will be all romantic little streets and cheerful girls with bangs and flowery dresses then don't ever step foot in Paris. It's full of poor people and filth in the streets, and immigrants surely don't help (it's nothing new, Paris is known for having a shitton of hobos for since the XIX century, but it got worse). It's also overcrowded by tourists, wich for me is way more unsettling than brown people. As far as terrorist attacks, madmen with hammers and Allah trucks are always possible, but you need to be really unlucky. It's becoming shittier every year, but as Audrey Hepburn said, "Paris is always a good idea" (also because it ain't getting any better in the next years so go while you're in time). There's a lot of stuff to see and things to experience that i don't think you should miss.
>>
Wherever you're from is for sure more dangerous.
>>
>>1269730
Thanks! I appreciate the advice! The reason for my concern is that she's Russian/polish Jew. I'm a Mexican agnostic myself, but I'm brown so I don't think I'll get much flak. Lol.

>>1269734
I'm in valencia, California. It's about 45 minutes north of LA. Pretty chil desu!
>>
I was in Paris for a day so I can't really tell you much, but I saw some homeless migrants begging on the street with their young children. I'd say it's still fairly safe as long as you don't go out at night and stay in a decent area.
>>
>>1269724
There are a lot of migrants in big Western European cities nowadays. It's not nice anymore to walk trough the streets. I would travel to Southern or Eastern Europe if I was you. AVOID the border region between France Belgium and West Germany it's a hellhole.
>>
>>1269745
>>1269746
this makes me sad

Whereas you used to find different folks and different ideas in every new city you went, more and more each major global city is starting to look like the same mishmash of immigrants and poor people
>>
>>1269724
The best alternative to Paris is Lyon. Less expensive and super easy to get around. Trust me, I live here
>>
I came here to start a thread and ask the same question. I hear terrible things about refugees raping women in the streets and throwing grenades at cops, but then a different news source says that refugees are wonderful. Either way, I don't know who to trust for accurate, reasonable travel planning.

Let's try this question:
I'm going to Turin Italy for a few days with my wife. We want to see some historical sites, museums, and maybe take a hike to see nature and monasteries. I know we'll be bothered by panhandlers and people trying to sell us junk, do refugees cause even more problems in that city? Are they limited to certain areas I can avoid?
>>
>>1269777
>refugees raping women in the streets
sadly sometimes it happens
>refugees are wonderful
fake news
>throwing grenades at cops
what the flying fuck are your sources mate

In general having more desperates in the streets doesn't really help, but it's not like situations were heavenly before and I can assure you nobody is going to throw grenades at you.

I haven't been in Turin lately but I think it's always been a safe city. Northern Italy is more of a passage point for refugees, they don't come here to stay. Probably you'll find a lot wandering the streets and begging you for some money to get to France, but you can just ignore them. Also there are no bombers among them, those who come here are generally from central africa, so not muslims, and those who are don't come from Syria anyway. I got female friends in Turin that go home alone late at night and nothing never happened to them.
>>
Tbh I don´t really think you´ll even notice the refugees? Every time I´ve been in Paris I have been loving it there. Really romantic and I feel completely safe. Im still pissed about Bataclan though - truly horrifying
>>
>>1269789
thank you!
>>
If you're heading the UK there's still some big cities that are safe
>>
You should consider Portugal and Spain. I travelled throughout Portugal this february and it was amazing despite being in the winter. Beautiful churches, palaces, castles, amazing food and way cheaper than Paris.
The steets of Lisbon were crowded with tourists from all over Europe escaping the winter.
>>
>>1269790
>Tbh I don´t really think you´ll even notice the refugees?
Hahahahahahhahaahahah
>>
>>1269789
>what the flying fuck are your sources mate
Not even trying to /pol/ post but there's a reality in europe mostly Sweden where people get some grenades from the ex YU (or molotov cocktails in CH/DE/FR) to lob into other migrants "cultural coffees" (some kind of expat meeting point from x or y) it's usually the same shit:
>Kosovo vs Serbia
>Sunit vs Shiit
>Turks vs Kurds
>or any kind of fucked up conflict they left their country for just to continue their war here

The media usually doesn't like to report it so it gets called a "gas leak" but if you take a close look at those "gas leaks" it's almost always a cultural coffee of some kind of minority, might not even have a gas line and usually is in a "ghetto" like area.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden

So as a tourist it's pretty much a non factor but that stuff happens.
>>
>>1269724

>>1269730
This is a good reply

>>1271568
This as well. Lisboa is beautiful, good for honeymoons (lots of small pittoresque streets and restaurants, Michelin star restaurants and high-class hotels with OK prices, good weather and nice people).

Paris is nice as well, though it's rough just like they say. If you're honestly scared about robbery/being mugged then an American city of the same size is both better and worse, the difference is that you have managed to successfully segregate/genteificate everyone so you got both the "stabbed in five minutes"-areas and the luxury "I don't like black people"-areas, whilst poor people in European cities like Paris generally are more spread out.

>Amsterdam
No, please no.
Wanna see the Netherlands? Great! I recommend it. Got to Utrecht, den Haag, groningen, Zwolle, or whatever other city. Not Amsterdam.

If you like art, fashion and design, go to Antwerp.

Value cleanliness and quality and are willing to pay for it? Go to Stockholm or Reykjavik

Love old buildings, history and wine? Think that Paris is a bit too clean and enjoy standing in queue for tourist attractions? Go to Rome

You just want to fuck for five days with a nice view? Go to Fjällnäs, Lofoten, or if you want warm weather and a beach as well, San Sebastian.

Oh and like some other guy said, there are many great options in France apart from Paris. The Loire valley is a given honeymoon destination. Or Bordeaux, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Toulouse, Grenoble and so on....
>>
>>1272164
>If you're honestly scared about robbery/being mugged

20 tourists robbed outside paris hotel
https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0710/889065-paris-robbery/
>>
>>1272312
ENRICHED
>>
>>1272164
>If you like art, fashion and design, go to Antwerp.
Belgianfag detected. Antwerp is relevant for fashion pretty much in Belgium only, get over it.
>>
>>1269777
I'm from the Piemonte region and lived in Turin during my studies.
In Turin you should just avoid Porta Palazzo's market, and keep eyes wide open in Porta Nuova railway station and parks. I wouldn't say parks are "dangerous" but the Valentino park is known to be a "drug supermarket". Despite this you should still visit this park (castle and medieval town). You can spot the drug dealers quite easily anyway so just stay away from them and they'll never bother you. Easy. If you happen to meet one and he tries to sell you something, just say "no grazie". Easy again. These are pretty much all the "dangers" in Turin. A lot of people from Maghreb live in Turin since decades and they're relatively well integrated in the population (some residents might disagree but they probably don't realise how safe their city is, compared to most european cities of comparable size).
In Turin we like to say that "the best thing in Milan is the train to go to Turin". That's because Turin has a lot to offer but most tourists from outside the country go to Milan instead because it's more famous. To note that Turin has the biggest Egyptian museum in the world after Cairo's, and the Mole Antonelliana hosts a nice, interactive museum of cinema. The car museum is also interesting I wouldn't list it as a "must do". Piazza Vittorio Veneto is probably the biggest "porched" square in Europe. If you want to visit the countrysides, nearby is the Superga Hill. If you can go farther, Alba (my hometown, but I don't live there anymore) and the Langhe hills (Unesco site, famous for wine and truffles) are a bit more than 1 hour drive away. Alba hosts the international truffle fair in October.
Maybe avoid mass events in Turin, considering what happened during the Champions' league final (a false alarm made people think there was a terrorist attack: people freaked out and started running on each other,...).
>>
>>1269724
>afraid of refugees
>go to Rome anyway
Have fun slaloming between all the niggers, pakis, muslims and angry romans, mate.
>>
>>1272732
???
Nice art museums, lot's of high-fashion shops, art and design students everywhere, people who dress really fucking weird (haute couture- style). Lot's of cool second hand shops as well.
>>
France and Paris is pretty safe, of course there's problem with terrorism but it's a beautiful cosmopolitan country as U.S. .

For example U.S. there's a lot of gun shooting every year but that's a safe country too.
>>
For a tourist, it's better to visit South of France, way more beautiful.
>>
In the past year I have been to Paris twice - off peak in November, and peak in July.

If your honeymoon lands in peak summer months, don't bother with Paris. The city is still beautiful but you won't get the romantic experience you want and the Parisians will all be pissed off with the amount of tourists.

Paris in off-peak season is absolutely beautiful, and i cannot stress it enough. Honestly one of the nicest places I've been. If your honeymoon lands in a quiet time, go.

In neither times are the migrants a problem. Not at all. I've seen zero refugees and I've walked around a lot. Brussels, on the other hand...
>>
>>1272312
>staying near Charles de Gaulle airport
there's the problem right there. It's quite far from the city
>>
>>1272749
Don't trust the torinese jew, unless you're interested to hiking and wine tasting in the mountains and towns around (at wich point it's better to stay directly in the countryside), i challenge anyone to spend more than 48 hours in Turin without dying of boredom. At least in Milan you can spend a night out drinking without getting charged by anti-riot police lol
>>
>>1272820
>Nice art museums, lot's of high-fashion shops, art and design students everywhere
Still not even remotely comparable to Milan, Paris, London,... I really don't get why you people give it so much importance in terms of "fashion". Travel a little bit.
Don't get me wrong I've been in Antwerp and I liked it so I don't have anything against the city itself.
>>
I'm 30 and I can say I have travelled my fair bit. Not the whole world, but quite a lot for my age and economic situation.
I've been in Paris in November 2014 (i.e. before the most recent terrorist attacks) and it has been the city were I felt the least safe in my whole life on par with San-fucking-Bernardino, CA.
I must say though that I went back to Paris last May (one day only) and fortunately I didn't have the same impression as the previous time (but this last time I only stayed in the Louvres area and didn't take the metro).
>>
>>1269724
Just don't walk around the northern neighbourhoods of Paris (north of Sacre-Cœur).
>>
Stayed in Paris for one month this year. Although you do see some signs of it not being as safe as it used to be (visible military patrols around tourist hot-spots, anti terrorism instruction posters on government buildings), you really don't feel unsafe at all if you aren't anxious about it. I mean, what are the odds you get caught up in a terrorist attack, even in Paris? Do you know how high metro and RER ridership is each and every day? The chance your car crashes on your way to the airport is probably 10,000 times higher than the chance of you specifically being caught up in a terrorist attack in Paris once you're there.

In terms of bad neighborhoods, there are indeed lots of slum-type areas where only Islamic migrants / black people live that are as unsafe as gang turfs in the United States nowadays. This consists of areas outside the circular highway, especially those north/east of Paris (Saint-Ouen, Saint-Denis, Bobigny). Inside the circular highway it's fine in terms of crime risk and racial composition on the streets, except for perhaps a few areas. A good cut-off point is the Guy Moquet metro stop, taking anything to its northeast and east as being unsafe. Follow this cut-off line where east and north are unsafe towards Gare du Nord. Especially unsafe is bvd. La Chapelle, where a lot of the Calais migrants are now. The 19th on the east side of canal saint martin is fine again.

If you look at the map that means basically a large part of Paris is fine in terms of normal crime, and terrorism threat is really not something you should worry about.

So the point is: the refugee problem is bad in very very specific and limited areas. Steer clear of them and you won't notice at all. Therefore, just go to Paris, it's way better than Turin at least (wtf? Turin? really??)
>>
>>1269730
This just isn't true. I just came back from Paris after spending two months there. You occasionally see hobos, but way less than most major cities. Yes there were terrorist attacks, (i counted 3), but I live in a city with a pretty high murder per capita (florida is a shithole) so it didn't seem too bad. It is not at all as overcrowded as say Rome or Venice is. Parts near Saint-Michel and Chatelet are crowded, but that's about it. Also after "getting lost" in the city, I saw quite a few of the romantic streets, a lot of which are near Luxembourg.
>>
>>1269760
Hahaha ..hum pardon
>>
>>1269724
Don't go in the middle of the summer, it'll be way too hot and crowded. Be sure to take same daytrips to nice locations outside of each of these cities as well.
>>
>>1274227
*some
>>
>>1272164
>Marseille
If we're talking meme, Marseille is worse than Paris in terms of insecurity.

>Lyon
Awful city, really nothing to see except for one cathedral and one park

>Grenoble
???

The remaining cities are fine indeed, but nothing compares to Paris. Just take a walk from Place de la Concorde to Notre-Dame, passing by Musée d'Orsay and Le Louvre and you will now that there is no city more beautiful in France

Paris is best visited in winter tho, summer it's just crowded, hot and stinky
>>
>>1272312
>Roissy Charles de Gaule airport
>Paris

you amerifags really are the stupidest
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.