[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I want to travel to North Korea, (Laugh if you want,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: leelaBringFire.png (2MB, 1450x1080px) Image search: [Google]
leelaBringFire.png
2MB, 1450x1080px
Okay, so I want to travel to North Korea, (Laugh if you want, but it's the goal I've set myself), I live in Glasgow, Scotland.
You can get a 3-day, 2-night stay in North Korea, with day-long tours, and a coach that takes you into the country from Beijing, and back again, for £390. Works for me.
I have an absolute, total budget of £800.
I cannot find a plane ticket to China that's lower than £535, which is a problem.
I thought that maybe I could get there, by going through Europe to the Russian border, (three coach rides totalling roughly £100, no visas, would take about 3 days, all acceptable to me), then catch the train to Moscow, then get the Trans-Siberian Railroad to Vladivostok, cross the border into China, and catch another train to Beijing. The Trans-Siberian journey would take six days, which would be a pain in the arse, but would do it if there were absolutely no other options. I would need to get two visas, one for Russia, and one for China, but the China one, I would have needed to get anyway, as I need to get to Beijing at some point.
Finally found a place with accurate prices for the Trans-Siberia, turns out whole Journey from Moscow onwards would've cost about £565, so no fucking savings there. On top of that, turns out getting a Visa to Russia is virtually impossible with a British Passport, (not sure what the Visa requirements would be like if I was just passing through, but it seems like more trouble than it's worth.)
So, that whole plan is fucked.
So, yeah, if any of you have any idea how to get from Glasgow to Beijing for £400, or less, I'm all fucking ears.
>>
>>1269514
>if any of you have any idea how to get from Glasgow to Beijing for £400, or less, I'm all fucking ears.

Unless you either hitchhike and slum it on trains or finds an error fare, you won't find a flight that cheap anytime soon.

It'll be even worse when Brexit lowers the value of the pound even more and doubly so if talks break down, there's no deal and flights are literally grounded.
>>
File: hackeye.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
hackeye.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
Honestly, you'd think North Korea would charge more $/£ 5,000 to get into North Korea. I guess communists don't know economics.
>>
>>1269525
You're thinking like a whore.
>hurr durr if I charge $300/hour I'll make more money than if I charge $100/hour.

No, you won't. There are a lot more guys willing to pay 2 50s for a good time than dumping 300 bucks to spooge. At higher prices you lose customers, unless you make it an absurdly high price like $100,000.

There's not a lot of people that want to go to North Korea, and most of them are edgy and closer to poor than rich. $5,000 is about as high as they can possibly go and have anyone besides journalists actually show up.
>>
>>1269514
Obviously time is not a big problem for you, so why won't you go to job and earn this addidtional £100-200? What it is, 2 weeks giving private lessons for children or a week handing out leafleats?
>>
>>1269525
They do charge more usually. OP found the cheapest and shortest tour there is. If I were him I'd spend more money and be there longer.
>>
>>1269514
i think you need to less think about this Glasgow to Beijing problem, and more figure out why traveling to north korea is a goal you set yourself.
>>
>>1269514
Enjoy your "botulism" caused brain injury
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_North_Korea

Read through this and ask yourself again if you want to go and support the regime directly (don't kid yourself, not a single dime of your money will go towards any local)
>>
File: wolotschek.png (304KB, 421x364px) Image search: [Google]
wolotschek.png
304KB, 421x364px
>>1269514
>if any of you have any idea how to get from Glasgow to Beijing for £400, or less, I'm all fucking ears.

Unfortunately I do not know your desired dates so I checked for December. Glasgow to Moscow (SVO) with 2 stops will cost 182 GBP. From there you will fly to Beijing (PEK) with one stop for about 136 GBP. So it is under your limit of 400 GBP. I used google flights to check for the prices.

Of course if you want to fly next week (last minute) prices may vary.
>>
>>1269711
This. Fuck going to NK, it's beating a dead horse now and you're just supporting and legitimizing a terrible regime.

Why not go somewhere even more adventurous, where you can actually travel freely?
>>
>>1269723
Oh and I just realized that OP is planning on doing the ultra shitty and short tour. OP that is a fucking waste
>>
>>1269711

This, enjoy providing of sweet and super useful foreign value a terrible Dictatorship that is literally Mordor IRL
>>
>>1269711
What's wrong with supporting their regime with tourism? I mean it's not like you stop traveling to Germany because Merkel is destroying the country.
>>
>>1269811

are you really comparing merkel to fucking kim jong un
how many layers of /pol/ are you on, my dude
>>
>>1269811
terrible really, what with Merkel imprisoning millions of Germans and their innocent families in gulags
>>
>>1269711
I don't understand why somebody would even consider stuff like that when planning a trip, what does that have to do with vacationing?
>>
>>1270010
It usually doesn't, but North Korea is a special case since they have heavy restrictions on movement inside of their country, and you literally cannot support local businesses.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.