[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, first time poster here. I´m planning a trip by foot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1480234121885.jpg (28KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1480234121885.jpg
28KB, 500x353px
Hi /trv/, first time poster here.

I´m planning a trip by foot from Austria to Norway, and while I have the route and equipment basically ready I wanted to ask you guys if you had any tips, recommendations, experience with this sort of voyage.
Maybe my timespan is fucked, maybe I forgot some most important gear, I don´t know, I thought you guys were a good source for asking about this kind of stuff.

Info about the trip.
It´s going to start from Kitzbühel (Austria) to Hamburg, over Kopenhagen and will end in Oslo. I´m planning for around 6-8 months duration.

Info about me.
I´m 23, male, starting next year probably around April or May I don´t want to get into polar winter when fucking around in skandinavian swamps. I have military experience and gear for long by foot travel.

I´m also going to ask /k/ and /out/ which are two boards I haven´t used before too, yeah good times.

Thank you /trv/.

>TL;DR OP wants to go from Austria to Norway by foot and is asking for advice.
>>
>It´s going to start from Kitzbühel (Austria) to Hamburg, over Kopenhagen and will end in Oslo. I´m planning for around 6-8 months duration.

That's not even 2000 kilometers but a shitload of time. You really think you can't even average 10 kilometers each day?
>>
>>1269400
I guess if OP is not in a hurry; seeing the plan to go by foot.
>>
>>1269400
I plan on staying in some place or another for a while.
What would you suggest was a faster or more efficient way to go about?
>>
>>1269410
>What would you suggest was a faster or more efficient way to go about?
You can buy a plane ticket on Norwegian for around 100 euro. It will make the journey in two hours rather than 8 months. Try that for speed and efficiency.
>>
>>1269425
I think anon's in it for the journey and not the destination
>>
>>1269410
I dunno man, 10 kilometers is like 3 hours of walking each day on average, maaaaaybe 4 taking the backpack into account.
That's slow as fuck bro. My dad managed to average 20-30km each day during a several-week-hike with a fully-loaded backpack across the Carpathian mountains. And he's 30 years older than you.
>>
>>1269432
I know about marching, thanks. I said I was going to stay at some cities along the road to enjoy, that´s why I calculated 6-8 months.
>>1269430
exactly
>>
>>1269432
Shut up nigga, didn't you read the OP's post about sight seeing ? You retarded?
>>
>>1269430
He'll be walking so little, frankly, he might as well not walk at all.
>>
>>1269495
>>1269430
OP here, how is this argument about my marching per day still a thing?
I was asking for some general advice and have stated twice that I will not walk slowly but rather stop at some major landmarks and cities to observe and enjoy them. As breaks in between periods of walking through the landscapes, at a non-slug pace.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.