[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is the cheapest place to sleep at in Amsterdam? Also,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: G A Muntplein NC.jpg (537KB, 1800x1020px) Image search: [Google]
G A Muntplein NC.jpg
537KB, 1800x1020px
Where is the cheapest place to sleep at in Amsterdam?

Also, any suggestions on what to do other than drugs and sex?
>>
crepes
>>
>>1269038
>Also, any suggestions on what to do other than drugs and sex?

Amsterdam is easily the european capital of Art, visit museums it's hard to not find one within a few seconds of walking in any direction.
As for cheap places to sleep, airbnb or check for hostels or cheap hotels.
Can't wait to visit this beautiful city again.
>>
>>1269040
Thanks! Leaving in a couple days, quite excited.
>>
>>1269038
Scheepvaart museum is Naval History museum is bretty gool. Has a replica war ship wich you can walk on and go in.

Rijksmuseum is historical dutch museum is also nice to visit. Thats where the nightswatch is.

FUCK THE ANNE FRANK HOUSE

If you want to watch a movie in a theather when you are there go to Tusinski theater. 1920 art deco theatre turned into a movie cinema. With original interiour. FUCKING NICE!

Jordaan area where I live is nice for tourists, lots of old bars and restaurants and classic buildings on the canal.

Expect the museums to be fucking packed with people because summer.

You can stay at my house but I will fuck you, guaranteed.

Want to know anything else go ahead make my day.
>>
camping and renting a tent in the camping area is probably the cheapest way to spend your time in Amsterdam. I love that city buy MAN this place is expensive, at least for a southern europoor like me

The camping site Zeeburg is amazing, located on a small island eastern from the city, you can take the tram from there and arrive in the city centre in 15 minutes. About what to see:

- fuck anne's frank house as they already told you, since it's just a huge tourist trap.

- The Rjiks museum, the van gogh museum and the ethnological museum are very nice

- Jordaan neighbourhood is also nice, lots of nice bars and shops

- Beginof (?) is nice I guess, it's just a small park hidden in the middle of the city, with an old building with an interesting story. Oude Kerk (old church) is nice too

- the red light district is very touristic, and the hookers aren't worth the money you're giving them, general price is 50€ for like 30 minutes of action. The Peep Show at the Pink Elephant (?) though is very nice and very lewd too
>>
>>1270389
The only thing I want to know is

Do you like boipucci?

If the answer is yes, I'd like to stay at your house :)
>>
>>1270428
that guy ain't no amsterdammer

begijn fucking hof
>>
>>1270428
I do I do I dohooooo
>>
mfw the only cheap hotel/private hostel room on the dates that i am in amsterdam next time is 300eur per night.

any nederlander with a couchsurfing profile here?
otherwise i guess i'll get that cheap room.
>>
>>1271217
300 a night? Holy fuck dude, check AirBNB or some shit, that's absolutely ridiculous, plenty of places for a third of that
>>
>>1271217
>>1271230
This. Are you staying in Amsterdam over the weekend or during a holiday? If so then I could believe a higher price since demand skyrockets for those days. Otherwise, you're getting ripped off.

When I went a couple years ago, I spent €28 a night but that was for an 8-person room. A quick search using HostelBookers.com is showing a typical price of $100 a night for a private room for one person, but goes as low as $70 if you're willing to slum it.

If it is a weekend thing, then one trick you can do is to book a room in a different city like The Hague or Rotterdam and just use the train system to go between the cities. The Netherlands are about the size of a postage stamp, so they have good fast rail and it costs maybe a few € to do this, so you end up saving money this way.
>>
>>1271230
I did check AirBNB, I goes as low as 200.
The date is non-negotiable, and it's weekend, so I guess I'm fucked.

>>1271251
Yeah it's over the weekend. I checked all the hostels, all of them have minimum stays of 2 or 3 nights, I'm just staying on night. Normally I am cheap af, but I know I'll be tired this time around, so dorms are not an option now.
I might look into Hoofddorp or Amstelveen or so, but I have had problems in the past with Schiphol not being accessible over the weekend by train, so wouldn't think of going as far as Rotterdam or The Hague.
>>
>>1271334
https://www.campsy.nl/search/geo?place_id=ChIJUSgcs0kJxkcRGKe_vw5M7Bk&gclid=CL-E48DS-dQCFUQo0wodA_MBag
>>
>>1271349
Thanks. I ended up booking in The Hague after all, hoping that the trains won't let me down.
>>
>>1270389
>Jordaan
Hey anon. I''m currently in the process of getting a working holiday visa in The Netherlands and am wondering where is nice and cheap to live. Can you recommend anywhere?
>>
>>1272432
The hague also has some Nice things to see, like the Dutch houses of parliament and some royal palaces.
>>
>>1269038
>Where is the cheapest place to sleep at in Amsterdam?
Somewhere I wouldn't go.
>>
>>1269040
>Amsterdam is easily the european capital of Art

What of Paris?
>>
>>1269040
>Amsterdam is easily the european capital of Art
Are you drunk? I can easily think of at least 4 european cities for which that attribute is more appropriate, e.g. Florence, Paris, Rome, London,...
>>
File: 1493893063333.gif (999KB, 245x254px) Image search: [Google]
1493893063333.gif
999KB, 245x254px
>>1269038
>Also, any suggestions on what to do other than drugs and sex?

do what the other tourists do when they aren't using drugs and having sex, lie and say you actually traveled there for other reasons. You can even do this while high, and it's good to practice for when you return home and everyone accurately assumes you just went there for drugs and sex.
>>
>>1272661
>implying most of the Louvre isn't stolen Dutch art
>>
>>1273146
That was not the point, Paris may be dull of stole Dutch masters but they are in Paris not Amsterdam.
>>
Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Stedelijk Museum versus Louvre, Musee d'Orsay and Versailles? I'd say it's a tie at best for the French...

Any other museum in both cities is a meme museum and doesn't deserve a place in the trade-off.

But yeah, with regards to the OP, you can also just do some semi-touristy stuff like a boat trip on the canals or shopping which Amsterdam is very well suited for with lots of variety and small distances. Amsterdam's architecture is just something that is worth admiring, I often find even a stroll through some random neighborhood very rewarding.
>>
>>1272639
Dankjewel. I've actually been there a couple of times, I really like the Hague, it's just I've had lots of trouble getting to Schiphol on Sundays before...

>>1273212
This, just taking in the brick buildings is nice.
>>
>>1272634
You want to live in Amsterdam or another place?
>>
>>1271334
I stayed in the Meininger in a private 1 bed room for like 30 a night. It's right next to the Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station which is a 10 minute and 3 euro ride to Amsterdam Centraal
>>
>>1269038
Rot op Amsterdam is vol, ga lekker naar Oude Pekela jongen.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.