[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm soon going to travel for three months. should i take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 202879_screenshot_06_l.jpg (57KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
202879_screenshot_06_l.jpg
57KB, 800x450px
i'm soon going to travel for three months. should i take my switch with me /trv/? there's so much time you spend on busses or where you just want to chill after a day of walking around that it could come in handy. and hooking it up to the hostel tv could be pretty fun to socialize with people when there's nothing going on.

or should i leave it home because people will judge me?
>>
>>1268946
I always carry my desktop pc, a 60" screen and a mobile power generator with me in my day pack just in case I get bored.

You should definitely do it op. Imagine how impressed all the qt are when you show them your mad skillz in GTA V or the 6 years worth of work driving around in the train simulator. Yeaaah, they might actually talk to you.
>>
I know a bunch of fags on trv will tell you not but I would.
>>
I don't even care about being judged. But I generally leave personal entertainment at home because I would be constantly worried about loss, theft, damage, etc.
>>
>>1268946
>or should i leave it home because people will judge me?
No one will judge you for quietly playing videogames on a bus in Cambodia, but you might miss out on something by focusing on the game. I prefer music for long bus/train rides in unfamiliar places.
>>
>>1268980
I have never had something stolen. If there's no lockers around I give my shit to the reception.
>>
>>1268946
I've never had shit stolen but you will regret lugging it around. I have never been in a backpacking or traveling situation where I thought about how badly I wanted to play videogames. It seems like it would be a huge hassle for no return, unlike a DSLR camera or a nice smartphone that has some practical use.
>>
>>1268946
It depends on where you will go.
>>
>>1268946
I say so. Make sure you get a USB charger because the standard charger is a cigarette lighter and that only works in certain cars.
>>
>>1269005
>I have never been in a backpacking or traveling situation where I thought about how badly I wanted to play videogames.
This guy gets it.

I fucking love video games. Before traveling, I spent most of my life on gaming. I've even been to Japan and Hong Kong, where gaming is very popular. But I have never once felt a desire to play video games when I was in either of those places.

Hell, on the plane rides to/from those places, I used the in-flight entertainment system to watch movies; I hardly touched any video games.
>>
I think this is what OP is expecting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-CBOrLnb0&t=27s
>>
>>1268946
op here i just considered it because where i'm going is low season and i will frequently travel by bus (central america) and also because i read it rains daily in the afternoon. and you cannot walk around at night?

now i know you might think i will be staying with that thing in my hostel bed like a fucking autist and not talk to anyone

but i really i just want something for bus travels since it's always so boring and i've never ever talked to someone on the bus

and the plane trip will be fucking long as well
>>
OP this seems like a giant waste. Load up your hopefully mid to upper tier phone with emulators and get a controller/power bank combo. The switch is just added weight and risk for little reward. Save the money for an experience or couple extra days.
>>
>>1269085
You're gonna get robbed
>>
I'd buy a 3DS or a Vita if I were you.
>>
>>1268946
Just bring a book instead, you fucking faggot.
>>
People won't judge you for it. However for personal use, doing as >>1269096 suggests, combined with music and good books will be enough.

From a social perspective it doesn't seem that great, not many people can play at once and it could be a hassle having to make sure you always have an eye on it even when you're not using it yourself. For hostels, cards or party games like Mafia/Werewolf are a better and easier option.
>>
i think i'll take it guys. low season + air travel is enough reason for me
>>
>>1269160
Second

Time to grow up OP
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.