[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'll be moving from the San Francisco bay area to either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

So I'll be moving from the San Francisco bay area to either Portland, or Seattle area, I already have a few job offers in both areas, but I don't really know what to expect.
>>
cool story anon
>>
>>1268768
ok
>>
>>1268779
>>1268782
what should i expect, how is it the same how is it different?
>>
Both depressing, with unattractive women, but people are way more genuinely friendly in PDX. Cost of living way way lower in PDX too. Given the choice I'd go for Portland but many would choose differently.
>>
More rain, more junkies, more cold. Housing crisis, thanks to 'fornians. Yuppies killed whatever real culture there was. Have fun.
>>
>>1268787
I also have job opportunities in vancouver if thats a better city, im making a trip up in a couple months to figure it out
>>
>>1268811
Vancouver, BC or Vancouver, WA?

Assuming BC, that's a MUCH better city than either Portland or Seattle. But cost of living is even higher and salaries are lower vs. Seattle.
>>
More info would allow anons to help you going off of your interests. But you provided nothing.
>>
What are the numbers on your job offers? CoL is dramatically different between these cities so it matters.
>>
>>1268829
yeah Vancouver, BC
>>1268831
well I really like the outdoors and generally any place near the ocean, a big music scene would be nice, I'm currently in a band now but they aren't going to relocate so I'll be looking to find some new people to play with
>>1268834
they're all entry level positions so only around 40k a year doing stuff with the food industry and microbiology in portland area, or like 60k for amazon in seattle. the job in vancouver didnt say, they wanted to do a phone interview first
>>
>>1269046
Seattle is dead and Portland is slowly dying. Amazon killed Seattle and is in the process of mutilating its corpse. I grew up there and visited this spring after being away for a few years, all the historic buildings are being torn down to build identical apartments for Amazon employees. Portland still has a vestige of culture left but I hope you're liberal because you are moving into a wasps nest of communists. If I had to choose I'd say Portland, has stuff for your interests, and will be somewhat interesting for at least another few years.
>>
>>1269143
im not communist but i try to stay largely apolitical, it doesnt seem like an issue to me. i would honestly rather take the portland job cause its easy as shit and has to do with testing drinks for harmful microbes, but the pay isnt that great.
>>
>>1268768
I think you should visit both cities before making your decision. You are only going to get negative comments on either place from miserable people on 4chan.
>>
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/portland/10-reasons-portland-trumps-seattle
>>
>>1268768
Expect everyone from Seattle to have the same boring personality
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.